openSUSE Security Update: Security update for singularity ______________________________________________________________________________
Announcement ID: openSUSE-SU-2019:2288-1 Rating: moderate References: #1125369 #1128598 Cross-References: CVE-2019-11328 Affected Products: openSUSE Backports SLE-15-SP1 openSUSE Backports SLE-15 ______________________________________________________________________________
An update that solves one vulnerability and has one errata is now available.
This update for singularity fixes the following issues:
singularity was updated to version 3.4.1:
This point release addresses the following issues:
- Fixes an issue where a PID namespace was always being used - Fixes compilation on non 64-bit architectures - Allows fakeroot builds for zypper, pacstrap, and debootstrap - Correctly detects seccomp on OpenSUSE - Honors GO_MODFLAGS properly in the mconfig generated makefile - Passes the Mac hostname to the VM in MacOS Singularity builds - Handles temporary EAGAIN failures when setting up loop devices on recent kernels.
New version 3.4.0. Many changes since 3.2.1, for the full changelog please read CHANGELOG.md
Update to version 3.2.1:
This point release fixes the following bugs:
- Allows users to join instances with non-suid workflow - Removes false warning when seccomp is disabled on the host - Fixes an issue in the terminal when piping output to commands - Binds NVIDIA persistenced socket when `--nv` is invoked
Improve integration with SUSE Products: add support to create Singularity images with SLE.
* Newer SUSE versions use a different path for the RPM database. * When the installation succeeds by an installation scriptlet fails zypper returns error code 107. Don't treat this as an error. * In order to specify a repository GPG key, add support for multi line variables. * In order to specify a list of additional repos, add support to 'indexed' variables. * Improve handling of SUSE repositires:
- For SLE, use SUSEConnect to get all product repos. - Allow to specify a repository GPG key. - Allow to specify additional installation repositories.
- Add group 'singularity', fix ownerships.
Updated to singularity v3.2.0
* CVE-2019-11328: Instance files are now stored in user's home directory for privacy and many checks have been added to ensure that a user can't manipulate files to change `starter-suid` behavior when instances are joined (many thanks to Matthias Gerstner from the SUSE security team for finding and securely reporting this vulnerability) (boo#1128598)
* New features / functionalities
- Introduced a new basic framework for creating and managing plugins - Added the ability to create containers through multi-stage builds - Created the concept of a Sylabs Cloud "remote" endpoint and added the ability for users and admins to set them through CLI and conf files - Added caching for images from Singularity Hub - Made it possible to compile Singularity outside of `$GOPATH` - Added a json partition to SIF files for OCI configuration when building from an OCI source - Full integration with Singularity desktop for MacOS code base
* New Commands
- Introduced the `plugin` command group for creating and managing plugins.
* Introduced the `remote` command group to support management of Singularity endpoints. * Added to the `key` command group to improve PGP key management. * Added the `Stage: <name>` keyword to the definition file header and the `from <stage name>` option/argument pair to the `%files` section to support multistage builds * Deprecated / removed commands
- The `--token/-t` option has been deprecated in favor of the `singularity remote` command group
* Changed defaults / behaviors
- Ask to confirm password on a newly generated PGP key - Prompt to push a key to the KeyStore when generated - Refuse to push an unsigned container unless overridden with `--allow-unauthenticated/-U` option - Warn and prompt when pulling an unsigned container without the `--allow-unauthenticated/-U` option For more information check: https://github.com/sylabs/singularity/blob/release-3.2/CHANGELOG.md
Updated to singularity v3.1.1:
* New Commands
- New hidden `buildcfg` command to display compile-time parameters - Added support for `LDFLAGS`, `CFLAGS`, `CGO_` variables in build system - Added `--nocolor` flag to Singularity client to disable color in logging
* Removed Commands
- `singularity capability <add/drop> --desc` has been removed - `singularity capability list <--all/--group/--user>` flags have all been removed
* New features / functionalities - The `--builder` flag to the `build` command implicitly sets `--remote` - Repeated binds no longer cause Singularity to exit and fail, just warn instead - Corrected typos and improved docstrings throughout - Removed warning when CWD does not exist on the host system - Added support to spec file for RPM building on SLES 11
Update to singularity 3.1.0 what is reimplementaion in go so this is a complete new build and just reusing the changelog entries, following build differences were made to the upstream spec file
* build position independent executable * build stripped executable
- Change from /var/singularity to /var/lib/singularity - Fix warning on bash-completion file about non-executible script.
- Add bash completions directory to file list for suse_version < 1500 to keep the build checker happy.
To install this openSUSE Security Update use the SUSE recommended installation methods like YaST online_update or "zypper patch".
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:
- openSUSE Backports SLE-15-SP1:
zypper in -t patch openSUSE-2019-2288=1
- openSUSE Backports SLE-15:
zypper in -t patch openSUSE-2019-2288=1
- openSUSE Backports SLE-15-SP1 (aarch64 ppc64le s390x x86_64):
- openSUSE Backports SLE-15 (aarch64 ppc64le s390x x86_64):