SUSE Security Update: Security update for kvm ______________________________________________________________________________
Announcement ID: SUSE-SU-2015:0870-1 Rating: important References: #920571 #924018 Cross-References: CVE-2015-1779 Affected Products: SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 SP3 SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 11 SP3 ______________________________________________________________________________
An update that solves one vulnerability and has one errata is now available. It includes one version update.
This update for KVM fixes an issue in the virtio-blk driver which could result in incorrectly setting its WCE configuration. Under some circumstances, this misconfiguration could cause severe file system corruption, because cache flushes were not generated as they ought to have been.
The update also addresses one security vulnerability:
* CVE-2015-1779: Insufficient resource limiting in VNC websockets decoder. (bsc#924018)
* CVE-2015-1779 http://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2015-1779
To install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update. Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 SP3:
zypper in -t patch slessp3-kvm=10645
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 11 SP3:
zypper in -t patch sledsp3-kvm=10645
To bring your system up-to-date, use "zypper patch".
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 SP3 (i586 s390x x86_64) [New Version: 1.4.2]:
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 11 SP3 (i586 x86_64) [New Version: 1.4.2]: