SUSE Security Update: Security update for flash-player ______________________________________________________________________________
Announcement ID: SUSE-SU-2012:0280-1 Rating: critical References: #747297 Cross-References: CVE-2012-0751 CVE-2012-0752 CVE-2012-0753 CVE-2012-0754 CVE-2012-0755 CVE-2012-0756 CVE-2012-0767 Affected Products: SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 11 SP1 FOR SP2 SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 11 SP1 ______________________________________________________________________________
An update that fixes 7 vulnerabilities is now available. It includes one version update.
flash-player was updated to version 220.127.116.11.
It fixes lots of security issues, some already exploited in the wild.
Details can be found at:
These vulnerabilities could cause a crash and potentially allow an attacker to take control of the affected system. This update also resolves a universal cross-site scripting vulnerability that could be used to take actions on a user's behalf on any website or webmail provider, if the user visits a malicious website. There are reports that this vulnerability (CVE-2012-0767) is being exploited in the wild in active targeted attacks designed to trick the user into clicking on a malicious link delivered in an email message (Internet Explorer on Windows only).
Security Issue references:
* CVE-2012-0751 <http://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2012-0751
* CVE-2012-0752 <http://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2012-0752
* CVE-2012-0753 <http://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2012-0753
* CVE-2012-0754 <http://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2012-0754
* CVE-2012-0755 <http://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2012-0755
* CVE-2012-0756 <http://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2012-0756
* CVE-2012-0767 <http://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2012-0767
To install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update. Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 11 SP1 FOR SP2:
zypper in -t patch sledsp1fsp2-flash-player-5817
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 11 SP1:
zypper in -t patch sledsp1-flash-player-5817
To bring your system up-to-date, use "zypper patch".
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 11 SP1 FOR SP2 (i586 x86_64) [New Version: 18.104.22.168]:
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 11 SP1 (i586 x86_64) [New Version: 22.214.171.124]:
http://support.novell.com/security/cve/CVE-2012-0751.html http://support.novell.com/security/cve/CVE-2012-0752.html http://support.novell.com/security/cve/CVE-2012-0753.html http://support.novell.com/security/cve/CVE-2012-0754.html http://support.novell.com/security/cve/CVE-2012-0755.html http://support.novell.com/security/cve/CVE-2012-0756.html http://support.novell.com/security/cve/CVE-2012-0767.html https://bugzilla.novell.com/747297 http://download.novell.com/patch/finder/?keywords=e7839de3d618cfe53b47ab455a...