openSUSE Security Update: Security update for calamares ______________________________________________________________________________
Announcement ID: openSUSE-SU-2019:2655-1 Rating: moderate References: #1140256 #1152377 Cross-References: CVE-2019-13178 Affected Products: openSUSE Backports SLE-15-SP1 ______________________________________________________________________________
An update that solves one vulnerability and has one errata is now available.
This update for calamares fixes the following issues:
- Launch with "pkexec calamares" in openSUSE Tumbleweed, but launch with "xdg-su -c calamares" in openSUSE Leap 15.
Update to Calamares 3.2.15:
- "displaymanager" module now treats "sysconfig" as a regular entry in the "displaymanagers" list, and the "sysconfigSetup" key is used as a shorthand to force only that entry in the list. - "machineid" module has been re-written in C++ and extended with a new configuration key to generate urandom pool data. - "unpackfs" now supports a special "sourcefs" value of file for copying single files (optionally with renaming) or directory trees to the target system. - "unpackfs" now support an "exclude" and "excludeFile" setting for excluding particular files or patters from unpacking.
Update to Calamares 3.2.14: - "locale" module no longer recognizes the legacy GeoIP configuration. This has been deprecated since Calamares 3.2.8 and is now removed. - "packagechooser" module can now be custom-labeled in the overall progress (left-hand column). - "displaymanager" module now recognizes KDE Plasma 5.17. - "displaymanager" module now can handle Wayland sessions and can detect sessions from their .desktop files. - "unpackfs" now has special handling for sourcefs setting “file”.
Update to Calamares 3.2.13.
More about upstream changes:
https://calamares.io/calamares-3.2.13-is-out/ and https://calamares.io/calamares-3.2.12-is-out/
Update to Calamares 3.2.11:
- Fix race condition in modules/luksbootkeyfile/main.py (boo#1140256, CVE-2019-13178) - more about upstream changes in 3.2 versions can be found in https://calamares.io/ and https://github.com/calamares/calamares/releases
This update was imported from the openSUSE:Leap:15.1:Update update project.
To install this openSUSE Security Update use the SUSE recommended installation methods like YaST online_update or "zypper patch".
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:
- openSUSE Backports SLE-15-SP1:
zypper in -t patch openSUSE-2019-2655=1
- openSUSE Backports SLE-15-SP1 (aarch64 x86_64):
- openSUSE Backports SLE-15-SP1 (noarch):
https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2019-13178.html https://bugzilla.suse.com/1140256 https://bugzilla.suse.com/1152377