# Board Meeting Minutes 11 July 1600 CEST
- Richard Brown - Chair
- Michal Hrušecký
- Bryan Lunduke
- Tomas Chvatal
- Gertjan Lettink
- Andrew Wafaa (Treasurer)
- Kostas Koudaras - Sick
## General Items
### Devel Project Maintainers
Board is concerned about reports from Package maintainers that their
submissions are being ignored or over-ridden by Project Maintainers.
The Board would like to remind Devel project maintainers are
responsible for encoraging and supporting Package maintainers.
Submitters should be supported, if their submission doesn't pass
muster then teach them how to do it better, don't just reject it or
replace it with your own (especially if your own doesn't resolve the
issues the Package maintainer was trying to resolve)
### Mailinglist Behaviour
AI: Tomas to send 1 formal warning to a misbehaving mailinglist poster.
### oSC 16
It was lovely, went really well, complete success. Thanks to all who
made it happen.
### oSC 17
Board discussed and agrees that oSC 17 should hopefully occur in
Nuremberg, during the first week of June.
### openSUSE Asia
No news from the openSUSE Asia team, everything seems to be going smoothly.
All submissions who have returned receipts have been accepted. Still
### Trademark Request
The Board have heard from the members with the outstanding Trademark
request. Local legal requirements complicate our proposed solution.
### Membership Tidyup
First and Second round of reminders are sent, some responses recieved,
a few more days will be left
AI: Richard to make openSUSE Emeritus group.
AI: Mical to send the final warning and start migrating inactive
members to the Emeritus group
The Board remains concerned about ongoing Infrastructure issues. Board
notes that some efforts have been made to improve the situation with
and other Provo hosted openSUSE services, but would
like to see a sustainable long term solution.
The Board is also concerned by the long lead time on tickets to
Richard had a meeting with Roland. Roland shares the Boards concerns.
MicroFocus IT are not able to process requests in a timely manner, so
SUSE IT are stepping up to replace some infrastructure which will be
easier for the community to also maintain and support.
AI: Richard to have regular meetings with Roland and Lars.
### SLE Packages
The Board has spotted a number of cases in Leap 42.2 Alpha 2 where
packages inherited from SLE are newer than the ones available in
Tumbleweed or Devel Repos.
Reminders seem to have helped, but problem still ongoing.
AI: Richard to send both general and directed reminders internally at
SUSE to remind them of the SUSE company policy to contribute to
Tumbleweed before/in parralel/in sync with their work on SLE.
KDE are forming an Advisory Board. Board is nominating Antonio Larossa
to represent openSUSE on this Board.
We're very pleased to see Plasma start offering LTS releases with 5.8,
which hopefully might smooth out some of the issues we've faced with
KDE in Leap.
## Action Item Review
Due to the large number of action items, the progress of these will be
split into 3 sections
- DONE; This task is complete and will not be discussed in future meetings
- WIP; This task is in progress, and will be discussed in future meetings
- TODO; This task is still waiting for some progress by the Board
Board + Ludwig to figure out what to do with all the Volunteers for
the "openSUSE Release Team"
*Richard & Ludwig to discuss*
Board is discussing some ideas with our various Desktop Teams
Michal is retiring connect.opensuse.org
and doing the Membership
tooling and maintenance.
Tomas has talked with Craig about OBS team preparing the code for
*Feature in OBS teams TODO*
Bryan has started arrange informal exploratory discussions with
ownCloud, nextCloud and Kolab about closer relationships. Had some
good chats at oSC 16.
*Bryan to keep driving*
Kostas is reaching out to our few bloggers on lizards.opensuse.org
about moving to other platforms.
Richard has been talking to Douglas about the possibility of moving
to a new blogging platform. Richard's personal blog
is running a potential candidate (Jekyll with custom openSUSE theme)
Board to request release-team(a)opensuse.org list for the Release Team
Board to investigate alternatives for voting & membership management
_To be done after the Membership Tidy Up_
Tomas will investigate Helios voting system for openSUSE
Richard to review/tune up filtering in current system so trademark
enquiries don't get lost
Tomas will talk with Andrew and Marketing teams about possible Kickstarter
Board intends to create a skeleton of the getting started guides to
help people get started with Using, Joining, and Partnering with
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse-project+unsubscribe(a)opensuse.org
To contact the owner, email: opensuse-project+owner(a)opensuse.org