In less than a week the openSUSE Travel Support Team will open for
sponsorship request to attend openSUSE Conference 2013
The goal is to help *everybody in and around openSUSE* to be able to
come to the openSUSE Conference! You don't have to be one of the top
10 packagers to apply - if you're translating, building a local
community or helping out at the forums, we might still be able to
offer you support, so apply!
The application period will be one week, starting on May 2nd and
closing on May 10th. For the very first time, all requests will be
managed through our brand new application that will be available at
You will need an openSUSE Connect account in order to log in the
application and apply for sponsorship. See
A few reminders:
* Please, read http://opensuse.org/openSUSE:Travel_Support_Program
carefully before you apply.
* We want everybody to be there! Even if you think you would not
qualify for travel support, *just submit a request*. If you don't ask
we can't help you!
* The Travel Committee can reimburse up to 80% of travel and lodging
costs. That includes plane, train and bus tickets (no taxi), car gas
on some occasions, and hotel or hostel.
Food and all local expenses are on you!
* The Travel Team won’t be able to book or pay anything in advance,
reimbursement comes afterwards, *based on receipts*.
* Again: *no receipts = no money* - such are the rules!
* Those who are sponsored have to write a blog or report on the event
& are expected to be available for helping out with things at the
event where needed!
* Sponsorship decisions are influenced by the openSUSE history of the
requester. Your involvement with openSUSE is really relevant!
* Having an abstract submitted for presentation at the conference is
relevant as well. Note that the CfP is extended so there is still
* If you got support before and complied with all the requirements
properly gets you bonus points too.
The amount requested must be detailed according to your request, like
the airport you will be departing from, sharing hotel/hostel rooms,
costs with your trip.
Try to get the best fares for tickets and lodging. Remember if
approved at least 20% (and sometimes more) will be paid by yourself.
Our goal is to support as many people as possible. If you need this
support to make it to the event, PLEASE SEND IN A REQUEST! We will
attempt to send the approvals before May 13th, 2013.
The conference is getting close and the deadline for travel support is
tight so start searching for flights and set up your connect account
as soon as possible!
We hope to see you there!
Your openSUSE Travel Support Team
openSUSE Travel Support Program
openSUSE Conference Sponsorship manager
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse-project+unsubscribe(a)opensuse.org
To contact the owner, email: opensuse-project+owner(a)opensuse.org