This is the time of the year where we (openSUSE members) need to elect
representatives for the openSUSE Board 
This year, there will be 3 seats to be elected, all for a standard 2
year (24 months) term :
- Robert Schweikert and Kosta Koudaras' terms are coming to expiration.
- Peter Linnell's seat is up for election as he got appointed in the
board as a replacement for Richard Brown.
All of them would be allowed to stand up for candidacy again, as it was
their first term in the board.
Due to a busy November month, it was very difficult to start the
election process until today. openSUSE Election Committee is aware
running elections during Christmas period is not the best period, with
many people being away from their computer.
Therefore, in agreement with openSUSE Board chairman and current board,
openSUSE Election Committee is extending all current board member terms
by 1 month and announce the election schedule:
1/ 2014-12-02 (Phase 0)
* Announcement of the openSUSE Board election for 2014.
* Start of 3 week period to apply for an openSUSE membership (in
order to vote or candidate).
* Start of 3 week phase to stand for a position in the openSUSE
* Notification of intent to run, and application for an openSUSE
membership close (end of phase 0).
3/ 2014-12-23 (Phase 1)
* Start of 4 week campaign for the candidates before the ballots
open (campaign might be done until ballots close).
4/ 2015-01-13 (Phase 2)
* Ballots open: Please cast your vote here!
5/ 2015-01-26 
* Ballots close (end of phase 2)
* Announcement of the results
If you want to participate in the openSUSE board and influence the
future direction of the project please stand up and announce your
candidacy. If you know someone who you would like to see on the board,
feel free to contact the election officials team ad propose your
Only openSUSE members have the right to run for a board seat, except if
they are in the Election Committee. To stand for a position in the
openSUSE board please send a mail to
* opensuse-project(a)opensuse.org AND
In the application candidates should write a short introduction of
themselves and probably a short manifesto/platform/program that gives
answers to these topics:
ALL openSUSE members are eligible to vote. If you are a contributor
of openSUSE but you are not a member yet, apply for membership now
and be a part of the changes to come.
openSUSE 2014/2015 Election Committee
Frederic "fcrozat" Crozat
Marcus "darix" Rueckert
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse-project+unsubscribe(a)opensuse.org
To contact the owner, email: opensuse-project+owner(a)opensuse.org