With the midterm over and all the basic features implemented, i think
it is the right time to host the project and start getting user inputs
and user feedbacks. For this, i would like to request for some server
space to host mainly, a small rails web interface. A VM would be more
than sufficient, i guess.
Also, i would like to summarize what's been going on for the last one
and a half months in brief.
• Rails web interface for user inputs and displaying errors.
• REST interface to access data.
• Updated python backend scripts to handle version finding in the backend.
• search feature and disambiguation page on the web interface for
easily searching records to avoid duplicate record addition.
• partial support for custom URLs.
What's to be done:
• complete custom URL support
• add support to undo changes to records updated by users. This will
be available only to site admins.
• DEHS import support after custom URL support is complete.
Hence, I feel that if we could start collecting or rather crowd
sourcing records, we would be able to find and tweak bugs and also be
able to test the new upcoming features such as DEHS import. Being
available to a wider audience allows us to get more feedback to better
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse-project+unsubscribe(a)opensuse.org
To contact the owner, email: opensuse-project+owner(a)opensuse.org
Show replies by thread