I just wonder why our Board didn't share any update about what's going on since 4 months.
There's several topics I guess which should have move a bit no ? Like Helios voting system, or we will still use connect.
Before the elections phase 1, a personnal, or common reviews of our community state would be really appreciate.
---------- Forwarded Message ----------
Subject: [opensuse-project] Board Meeting Minutes - 11 Aug 1500 CEST Date: vendredi, 12 août 2016, 17.26:44 h CET From: Richard Brown RBrownCCB@opensuse.org To: opensuse-project firstname.lastname@example.org
# Board Meeting Minutes 11 Aug 1500 CEST
- Richard Brown - Chair
- Kostas Koudaras - Tomas Chvatal - Michal Hrušecký - Andrew Wafaa (Treasurer)
- Bryan Lunduke - Rescheduled meeting incompatible with Timezone difference - Gertjan Lettink - Technical Difficulties
## General Items This meeting was carried out on Thursday 11th as too many people were absent on Monday 9th Aug
### openSUSE Asia The Board has been invited to give a keynote at openSUSE Asia - Bryan Lunduke will be attending and providing the keynote
The Board is aware the CFP for openSUSE Asia has been well responded to, but not from Europe - CALL FOR HELP - If you are from Europe and interested in doing a talk at openSUSE, please submit your talk now!
### Travel Support Programme Andrew will be on vacation during the busiest period for openSUSE Asia TSP applications. Michal & Gertjan are considering whether they can help cover this period.
### Bugzilla The Board have recieved a complaint regarding a bugzilla contributor using very abrasive language and attacking other contributors in comments. AI: Michal to write a warning email.
### Brasil Aslan C. de M. Ramos (email@example.com) has stepped up to encorage and boost the openSUSE community in Brasil. If you're in Brasil and interested in representing openSUSE at local events, please get in touch with Aslan.
### LinuxCon NA & Europe SUSE are Platinium sponsors of both events, and due to the community nature of LinuxCon want to make sure openSUSE is a big part of their presence there. For LinuxCon NA in a few weeks openSUSE will have a significant portion of the booth and several demo machines showing openSUSE Tumbleweed & Leap. For LinuxCon Europe plans are still being discussed but a similar strong openSUSE presence is expected. Anyone who happens to be going to either event and is willing to help out please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
### GSoC Mentors Google are sponsoring a summit for GSoC mentors. There is budget to send two people, but there was 3 candidates. The GSoC mentors all agreed on the name of one of the mentors who would go, but asked the Board to conduct a lottery to decide on the second person. We're happy to be able to say that Hernan Schmidt and Christopher Bruckmayer will be going to the GSoC Mentors summit to represent openSUSE. Thanks to them and all of our GSoC mentors for making this a great summer for our GSoCers.
### Trademark Request The Board have heard from the members with the outstanding Trademark request. Local legal requirements complicate our proposed solution. Negotiations ongoing.
### Membership Tidyup No action as Michal is busy moving house
### Infrastructure The Board is really pleased to see the new "openSUSE Heroes" team stepping up to help improve the situation with our infrastructure. https://news.opensuse.org/2016/07/25/introducing-opensuse-heroes/ AI: Board to monitor the situation - Richard to continuing having regular meetings with Roland and Lars to drive progress in this area.
### SLE Packages The Board has spotted a number of cases in Leap 42.2 Alpha 2 where packages inherited from SLE are newer than the ones available in Tumbleweed or Devel Repos. Reminders seem to have helped, but problem still ongoing. AI: Richard to send both general and directed reminders internally at SUSE to remind them of the SUSE company policy to contribute to Tumbleweed before/in parralel/in sync with their work on SLE.
## Action Item Review
Due to the large number of action items, the progress of these will be split into 3 sections
- DONE; This task is complete and will not be discussed in future meetings - WIP; This task is in progress, and will be discussed in future meetings - TODO; This task is still waiting for some progress by the Board
Board + Ludwig to figure out what to do with all the Volunteers for the "openSUSE Release Team" *Richard & Ludwig to discuss*
Board is discussing some ideas with our various Desktop Teams
Michal is retiring connect.opensuse.org and doing the Membership tooling and maintenance.
Tomas has talked with Craig about OBS team preparing the code for maintaner tidyup *Feature in OBS teams TODO*
Bryan has started arrange informal exploratory discussions with ownCloud, nextCloud and Kolab about closer relationships. Had some good chats at oSC 16. *Bryan to keep driving*
Kostas is reaching out to our few bloggers on lizards.opensuse.org about moving to other platforms.
Richard has been talking to Douglas about the possibility of moving news.opensuse.org to a new blogging platform. Richard's personal blog is running a potential candidate (Jekyll with custom openSUSE theme. http://rootco.de
Board to request email@example.com list for the Release Team
Board to investigate alternatives for voting & membership management _To be done after the Membership Tidy Up_
Tomas will investigate Helios voting system for openSUSE
Richard to review/tune up filtering in current system so trademark enquiries don't get lost
Tomas will talk with Andrew and Marketing teams about possible Kickstarter
Board intends to create a skeleton of the getting started guides to help people get started with Using, Joining, and Partnering with openSUSE