Here is an update from our meeting last night.
Participants: ddemaio, Jens, TBro, Ivo, Onuralp, Attila, Gertjan, Lubos
Meeting on April 13 at 18:00 UTC in https://meet.opensuse.org/bar
#info The CfP ends May 4
#info Registration 63, Submissions 16, 9 hours
#info If you want to help, I can make you an admin. Please let me know.
#info Each person who registers on events.o.o for the conference will be
sent a token to login to the front end system. Please make sure your
email is in events.o.o when you register
#info People can do live or recorded talks.
#info Workshop submissions are highly encouraged
#topic Recording or Live Stream
#action coordinate a meeting for the video team to set up workflow
#info discuss the structure and technical needs.
#action add Ivo and Sasi to video team emails
#info Use of Jisti for talks with https://github.com/oe1rfc/jitsi2obs
#info Will need help from people to set up a stream for it. People can
do live or video.
#Info Gertjan, Onuralp, ddemaio
#info Volunteers should contact ddemaio
#info Our keynote speaker will be Sheng Liang -
#action ddemaio to followup with Mathew Miller about keynote
#info topics to bring up to Mathew Miller for a keynote are mutual
collaboration on DNF and SELinux. Also possible topic for keynote is
"How Fedora does project coordination". Example to make sense:
#info Submission for a “How to Ease Migration” - tools from Centos in Leap
#info SUSE and Fedora are sponsors.
#info Added Linux and ADMIN Magazines who will help advertise the
#info Sponsors package updated and prices decreased
#Info We will be sending out a t-shirt ordered from a sub-website
#info IMPORTANT - For some depending on the country the t-shirt is
going to, you may have to pay a customs/import charge. If you don't pay
the fees, Customs will proceed to destroy the shipping. openSUSE will
still be charged the t-shirt and the shipping cost. Please don’t order a
t-shirt if you don’t plan on paying a customs fee should you have to.
#action ask Ramon if an invoice will be attached to it the t-shirt since
customs will probably ask
#topic Volunteer Team
#info If you want to volunteer to help with the conference, please email
ddemaio(a)opensuse.org with the subject “oSC21 Volunteer Team”
#topic Social media posts
#info If you submit a talk for the openSUSE Conference, please post it
to social media and tag @openSUSE
#info posts can be developed once the talks have been approved and the
#topic Next meeting Topics
Video team, technical staff, volunteer, speaker guidelines (tips and