Dear openSUSE members,
It is time to elect our Board members. This year there are two seats to
be filled on the openSUSE Board.
We thank our outgoing Board member Gertjan Lettink for serving two
terms. On the other hand, Simon Lees completed his first term and thus
he is eligible to run as Board candidate again should he wish so.
The election schedule is as follows:
== Phase 0 ==
5 December 2019
* Announcement of the openSUSE Board election 2019-2020
* Call for Nominations and Applications for Board candidacy
* Membership drive, opportunity to apply for an openSUSE Membership
(in order to vote or to run as a candidate)
25 December 2019
* Nominations and Applications for Board candidacy close
== Phase 1 ==
26 December 2019
* Announcement of the final list of candidates
* Campaign begins
* Membership drive continues, opportunity to apply for openSUSE
Membership, but members will only be eligible to vote and not run as
== Phase 2 ==
16 January 2020
* Ballots open: Please cast your vote during this time
* Campaign continues
31 January 2020
* Ballots close
1 February 2020
* Announcement of the results
The Election Committee is composed of Edwin Zakaria and myself.
Only openSUSE members are eligible to run for openSUSE Board openings.
Election Committee officials, however, are not eligible to run in order
to avoid conflicts of interest. To stand for a position in the openSUSE
Board please send an email to:
* opensuse-project(a)opensuse.org and
If a member would like to nominate somebody else, please inform the
Election Committee and the officials will contact the nominee to ask
whether s/he would like to run as Board candidate.
The Election Committee is hereby calling for Nominations & Applications
for the openSUSE Board.
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse-project+unsubscribe(a)opensuse.org
To contact the owner, email: opensuse-project+owner(a)opensuse.org