I think that I'm finished with updating the set of rpmlint checks for 11.0. You can see the current set of failures in beta-i386 (the other architectures are not rebuilding).
Please submit fixes for the new fails:
- documentation should not be executable. most of the time this comes from using "install" (which installs with executable permissions by default). use install -m 644 or the %doc macro.
- generated Makefile's should not be in /usr/share
- add %postun -p /sbin/ldconfig to the library package
- most likely an unexpanded macro. e.g. %version is not defined before the Version: line in the spec file
- the summary should be short. put the long stuff into %description
- most likely contains an unexpanded macro. make sure that your AC_SUBST are correct and your autoreconf did not break it.
- files should never contain the buildroot. make sure that the $RPM_BUILD_ROOT is not used outside %install, and that stuff is not build/rebuild during %install. some too clever build systems try hardcoding paths, which breaks for buildroot installation.
- the list of paths that can be used in filerequires is fixed. if you violate, it will break installation.
please report false positives to me before suppressing them!