I really tried hart, but could not find a good solution in Linux to
record TV/videos from my BT878 TV Card. The main issue is, which codec
and record tool to use.
So far my studies had following results:
- broadcast 2000
- dvr (does not compile propperly under suse 7.3: format.h missing -
Anybody any hints ?)
- mjpeg tools - use lavrec to record. But there is no clear
documentation, whether bttv based TV cards are already supported.
- Divx 4/5
- MPEG 2
Some of my questions are:
- Does anybody have found good solution to record directly to MPEG2 or
Divx ? If so, which software does the job ?
- Has anybody experience with the mjpeg tools, and whether they can be
used with bt878 TV Cards?
- is there a tool, which can be used to record directly into divx, or is
divx kept in a Quicktime wrapper?
- Can broadcast 2000 record in divx somehow ?
Any hints or comments and ideas are appreciated.
Thanks a lot for your help,