On May 14 2011, we joined the calling from our friends from the web page xariseto.gr. They had a bazaar in , Thessaloniki, New statue K.Karamanlis (40.622943, 22.951405 in google maps).
Xariseto is a festival where people meet and donate their personal belongings which they don't use any more. So as a Linux and openSUSE community we thought that participating in these kind of festivals is really interesting.
Me and Efstathios Iosifidis set up a booth in order to inform people about FOSS and openSUSE project. We had all the related stuff about Gnome and openSUSE project around the booth (DVD's , Cheat Sheet, flyer).
Many people asked us about the project, but let me inform you abou these interesting questions...
1) What do you offer? What is openSUSE and FOSS?
2) Can i install openSUSE on my PC and also can i use my mother language?
3) Is it difficult to use?
4) Can i use openSUSE in order to write documents , watch videos ,and surf in the net?
5) Where can i found help and more information about the project?
6) In the past i installed SUSE 6.0. Now can i install and use the openSUSE at the same way? (that was one of my favorite questions)
7) My daughter owns a netbook Ubuntu Linux installed, can i install openSUSE?
8) Free Software means Free language? (this question remind me Richard Stallman's quote " Free as in Freedom")
So what did we have? What did we present in Xariseto Festival? Why did we take part in?
* Event Date: May 14, 2011 * openSUSE Ambassadors: Efstathios Iosifidis, Rousinopoulos Athanasios-Ilias
* Event Details
o Tell us about the event, What did you do? We were informing people about FOSS and openSUSE project. It's a good opportunity to pass the word since it's crisis and people cannot buy new computers or software.
o How many DVDs taken and distributed? About 60 DVDs. We also used the file Greek help flyer
o How many people were there at the event. Uncountable.
o Did you have a booth? Yes
o Who staffed the booth? Efstathios Iosifidis, Rousinopoulos Athanasios-Ilias
o Would you go again? Yes of course!
o What more can you do to make it better?
Furthermore i would like to mention that people from all ages (i could say from 7 years old to 70 years old) asked about the openSUSE project , some of them knew about Linux and FOSS , and others found interesting the idea of using an open source,free software and safe operating system for their pc's , as well as to redistribute it to other people.
You can find the photos of the event here :
 http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20413076/opensuse/xariseto_14_5_2011/1.jpg (Our booth)
 http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20413076/opensuse/xariseto_14_5_2011/2.jpg (Efstathios Iosifidis and our booth!)
 http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20413076/opensuse/xariseto_14_5_2011/3.jpg (A photo with our friends from the web page xariseto.gr)
Have a lot of fun!
-- About Me-- http://zoumpis.wordpress.com http://www.zoumpis.eu http://en.opensuse.org/User:Zoumpis