Please note that this mail was generated by a script. The described changes are computed based on the x86_64 DVD. The full online repo contains too many changes to be listed here.
Please check the known defects of this snapshot before upgrading: https://openqa.opensuse.org/tests/overview?distri=microos&groupid=1&... https://bugzilla.opensuse.org/buglist.cgi?product=openSUSE%20Tumbleweed&...
Please do not reply to this email to report issues, rather file a bug on bugzilla.opensuse.org. For more information on filing bugs please see https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Submitting_bug_reports Packages changed: Mesa (21.2.2 -> 21.2.3) Mesa-drivers (21.2.2 -> 21.2.3) blog (2.20 -> 2.21) btrfsprogs (5.14 -> 5.14.1) desktop-file-utils dracut (055+suse.117.ge5fc2048 -> 055+suse.119.g6c4187af) fuse-overlayfs (1.4.0 -> 1.7.1) gamin gcc iio-sensor-proxy (3.1 -> 3.3) kernel-firmware (20210901 -> 20210928) knewstuff libinput (1.19.0 -> 1.19.1) libmfx (21.3.3 -> 21.3.4) libnss_usrfiles libsoup libsrtp2 (2.4.1 -> 2.4.2) libva open-iscsi pipewire (0.3.37 -> 0.3.38) portaudio (190600_20161030 -> 190700_20210406) rav1e systemd sysvinit (2.99 -> 3.00) tdb (1.4.3 -> 1.4.4) tevent (0.10.2 -> 0.11.0) xrdb xwayland
=== Details ===
==== Mesa ==== Version update (21.2.2 -> 21.2.3) Subpackages: Mesa-libEGL1 Mesa-libGL1 Mesa-libglapi0 libgbm1
- update to 21.2.3 * third bugfix release
==== Mesa-drivers ==== Version update (21.2.2 -> 21.2.3) Subpackages: Mesa-dri Mesa-gallium
- update to 21.2.3 * third bugfix release
==== blog ==== Version update (2.20 -> 2.21) Subpackages: libblogger2
- Move to /usr for UsrMerge (boo#1191057)
==== btrfsprogs ==== Version update (5.14 -> 5.14.1) Subpackages: btrfsprogs-udev-rules libbtrfs0
- Update to 5.14.1 * fixes: * defrag: fix parsing of compression (option -c) * add workaround for old kernels when reading zone sizes * let only check and restore open the fs with transid failures, namely preventing btrfstune to do so * convert: --uuid copy does not fail on duplicate uuids
==== desktop-file-utils ====
- suse-update-mime-defaults: add Pantheon desktop environment
==== dracut ==== Version update (055+suse.117.ge5fc2048 -> 055+suse.119.g6c4187af) Subpackages: dracut-ima dracut-mkinitrd-deprecated
- Update to version 055+suse.119.g6c4187af: * fix(suse-initrd): handle cases with zero modprobe.d files (bsc#1189895)
==== fuse-overlayfs ==== Version update (1.4.0 -> 1.7.1)
- Update to version 1.7.1 * set FUSE_CAP_POSIX_ACL only when it is supported by FUSE. * treat statx failure with EINVAL as ENOSYS, so that the fallback is attempted. - Update to version 1.7.0 * fix read xattrs for device files * don't create whiteout files in opaque dirs. * fix reading files when running with euid != 0. * enable POSIX ACLs. - Update to version 1.6.0 * fix an invalid access when filtering internal xattrs that could deal to a segfault. - Update to version 1.5.0 * honor FUSE_OVERLAYFS_DISABLE_OVL_WHITEOUT also for renames * use strncpy instead of strcpy * fix renameat2(RENAME_NOREPLACE) on older kernels that lack device whiteouts for unprivileged users. * fix creating a symlink on top of a removed file. * fix copyup of xattrs longer than 256 bytes.
==== gamin ====
- Fix source URI.
==== gcc ====
- Move /lib/cpp to /usr/lib/cpp for the usr merge. [bsc#1191060]
==== iio-sensor-proxy ==== Version update (3.1 -> 3.3)
- Update to version 3.3: * Fix a bug left-over in one of the 3.2 bug fixes where some accelerometers would fail to initialise. - Changes from version 3.2: * Fix problems parsing numbers with decimal separator. - Require gudev >= 237 for building (for consistency with upstream). - Drop the rpmlintrc file and add back appropriate service macros in pre/post scriptlets.
==== kernel-firmware ==== Version update (20210901 -> 20210928) Subpackages: kernel-firmware-all kernel-firmware-amdgpu kernel-firmware-ath10k kernel-firmware-ath11k kernel-firmware-atheros kernel-firmware-bluetooth kernel-firmware-bnx2 kernel-firmware-brcm kernel-firmware-chelsio kernel-firmware-dpaa2 kernel-firmware-i915 kernel-firmware-intel kernel-firmware-iwlwifi kernel-firmware-liquidio kernel-firmware-marvell kernel-firmware-media kernel-firmware-mediatek kernel-firmware-mellanox kernel-firmware-mwifiex kernel-firmware-network kernel-firmware-nfp kernel-firmware-nvidia kernel-firmware-platform kernel-firmware-prestera kernel-firmware-qcom kernel-firmware-qlogic kernel-firmware-radeon kernel-firmware-realtek kernel-firmware-serial kernel-firmware-sound kernel-firmware-ti kernel-firmware-ueagle kernel-firmware-usb-network ucode-amd
- Update to version 20210928 (git commit 7a30050592e2): * brcm: Add 43455 based AP6255 NVRAM for the ACEPC T8 Mini PC * linux-firmware: Update firmware file for Intel Bluetooth 9462 * amdgpu: update VCN firmware for dimgrey cavefish * amdgpu: update VCN firmware for navy flounder * amdgpu: update VCN firmware for sienna cichlid * amdgpu: update VCN firmware for vangogh * amdgpu: update VCN firmware for renoir * amdgpu: update VCN firmware for picasso * amdgpu: update VCN firmware for raven2 * amdgpu: update VCN firmware for raven * amdgpu: Add initial firmware for Beige Goby * cxgb4: Update firmware to revision 126.96.36.199 * linux-firmware: update frimware for mediatek bluetooth chip (MT7921) * linux-firmware: Update firmware file for Intel Bluetooth AX211 * linux-firmware: Update firmware file for Intel Bluetooth AX201 * linux-firmware: Update firmware file for Intel Bluetooth 9560 * qed: Add firmware 188.8.131.52 * linux-firmware: Update firmware file for Intel Bluetooth AX211 * linux-firmware: Update firmware file for Intel Bluetooth AX210 * linux-firmware: Update firmware file for Intel Bluetooth AX200 * linux-firmware: Update firmware file for Intel Bluetooth AX201 * linux-firmware: Update firmware file for Intel Bluetooth 9560 * linux-firmware: Update firmware file for Intel Bluetooth 9260 * linux-firmware: Update firmware file for Intel Bluetooth 8265 * iwlwifi: add FWs for new So device types with multiple RF modules * amdgpu: add initial firmware for Yellow Carp * i915: Update ADLP DMC v2.12 * linux-firmware: add frimware for mediatek bluetooth chip (MT7922) * linux-firmware: Update AMD SEV firmware (bsc#1186938) * Revert "iwlwifi: add FW for new So/Gf device type" - Update aliases
==== knewstuff ==== Subpackages: knewstuff-imports libKF5NewStuff5 libKF5NewStuffCore5
- Add upstream patch: * 0001-Include-a-user-agent-on-KNS-requests.patch - Add fix-crash.patch. This patch fixes a crash in DownloadWidget. (kde#443025)
==== libinput ==== Version update (1.19.0 -> 1.19.1)
- Update to release 1.19.1 * New: Detects (and works around) buggy devices that claim to have a high-resolution scroll wheel but which do not actually send events. * New assumption that any non-bluetooth touchpad is internal. * Jumping cursor warning has been reduced once again.
==== libmfx ==== Version update (21.3.3 -> 21.3.4)
- fixed JIRA number in previous changelog - Update to 21.3.4 * Fixed VPL run-time loading by MediaSDK dispatcher VPL doesn't provide libmfx-gen.so.1 In VPL Gen run-time we have libmfx-gen.so.1.2 as SONAME and use libmfx-gen.so.1.2.x as a full name. * [VPP] Fix increasing num of input channels doesn't work * maximum and minmum qp setting for HEVC encoder. * Removed multiple calls vaGetConfigAttributes (github issue#2417) * [Jpeg]modify color range on Linux * [Jpegd] Enable HW to decode JPEG RGB444 on Linux
==== libnss_usrfiles ====
- Install into _libdir [bsc#1191070]
==== libsoup ==== Subpackages: libsoup-3_0-0 typelib-1_0-Soup-3_0
- Ignore test failure on 32-bit arm, as it is done for 32-bit x86 https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/libsoup/-/issues/236
==== libsrtp2 ==== Version update (2.4.1 -> 2.4.2)
- Update to release 2.4.2 * Fixes an unspecified regression introduced in 2.4.1
==== libva ==== Subpackages: libva-drm2 libva2
- fixed JIRA number in previous changelog
==== open-iscsi ==== Subpackages: iscsiuio libopeniscsiusr0_2_0
- Update to latest from upstream, fixing: * Moving the executables from /sbin to /usr/sbin (bsc#1191054) * Remove default dependencies from iscsi-init.service (bsc#1187190)
==== pipewire ==== Version update (0.3.37 -> 0.3.38) Subpackages: gstreamer-plugin-pipewire libpipewire-0_3-0 pipewire-alsa pipewire-media-session pipewire-modules pipewire-pulseaudio pipewire-spa-plugins-0_2 pipewire-spa-tools pipewire-tools
- Update to version 0.3.38: * Highlights - Topic based logging was added to improve debugging. - An off-by-one error was fixed in the audio resampler that could cause distortion when downsampling. - Various bluetooth compatibility improvements. - More fixes and improvements. * PipeWire - module-pulse-tunnel now has better default latency to make it work better in more cases. There is also an option to configure the desired latency. - pw-cli now has readline support. - Topic based logging was added. Log lines can now be filtered by topic using wildcards. This should improve debugging. - The systemd service files should now have better descriptions. - Fix a crash in module-zeroconf-discover when unloading. - Fix a crash in filter-chain when using unaligned memory. * ALSA - Sync the udev rules and profiles with pulseaudio. - Fix a memory leak. * SPA plugins - An off-by-one error was fixed in the resampler that could cause distortion when downsampling. (#1646) * Bluetooth - Avoid probing the native backend because it might block for DBus activation. This fixes some long startup times. - Fix the kernel version check, 5.14.x kernels should also support mSBC. - Fix FastStream microphone support in more cases. - Add workaround for Intel AX200. - SCO sink should now also work in follower mode. * PulseAudio server - Make the service file require a session manager. - Add BuildRequires: pkgconfig(readline) so pw-cli is built with readline support
==== portaudio ==== Version update (190600_20161030 -> 190700_20210406)
- Correct download source URL - Update to version v190700_20210406 - removed patch `0001-Merge-branch-ticket_275_pass_void-into-master.patch` as it is included in this release.
==== rav1e ====
- Replace rust-packaging with cargo-packaging
==== systemd ==== Subpackages: libsystemd0 libudev1 systemd-sysvinit udev
- Work around rpmlint complaining about /var/log/journal shipped with setgid bit This setgid bit has been already reviewed in the past and wasn't a concern. However we want the mode/ownership adjusted by tmpfiles and avoid the duplication of these info in rpm. - Don't ghost own any directories created dynamically by tmpfiles Again rpmlint complains but it doesn't seem to make sense to try to track all paths (including theirs perms, ownerships...) created dynamically. And 'rpm -V' is likely to report issues later with these paths anyway. This effectively partially reverts the two previous commits. - Make sure the build process won't create /var/log/journal - /var/log/journal/remote is owned by systemd-journal-remote - systemd.spec: fix a bunch of rpmlint errors/warnings - Drop systemd-logger This sub package was introduced in order to configure persistent journal and also to make sure that another syslog provider (such as rsyslog) couldn't be installed at the same time: each syslog provider conflicts with each others. However this mechanism didn't work since uninstalling systemd-logger wasn't magically turning off persistent logging because /var/log/journal is likely to be populated hence not removed. Moreover using a subpackage to configure the mode of journald was overkill and the usual ways (main conf file or drop-ins) should be preferred. - Import commit 7a5801342fe2f53e5c2a8578d6db132c0eca2d97 8d65ec4a66 test: wc is needed by test/units/testsuite-50.sh 1527bcc5dd test: make the installation of the debug tools optional in the image f4e6bf0b37 journalctl: never fail at flushing when the flushed flag is set (bsc#1188588) - Update the dependencies of the testsuite package The debug tools are optional thus no more required. OTOH strip(1) is needed when building the test image and nc(1) is needed by some tests. - Drop git internal files from the testsuite sub-package - Adjust pam macros
==== sysvinit ==== Version update (2.99 -> 3.00)
- Update to sysvinit 3.00: * Better device detection of bootlogd
==== tdb ==== Version update (1.4.3 -> 1.4.4)
- Update to version 1.4.4 + Fix a memory leak on error + python: remove all 'from __future__ import print_function' + Fix CID 1471761 String not null terminated + Use hex_byte() in parse_hex() + Use hex_byte() in read_data() + fix studio compiler build + Fix some signed/unsigned comparisons + also use __has_attribute macro to check for attribute support + Fix clang 9 missing-field-initializer warnings + pytdb tests: add test for storev() + pytdb: add python binding for storev() + tdbtorture: Use ARRAY_DEL_ELEMENT() + py3: Remove #define PyInt_FromLong PyLong_FromLong + py3: Remove #define PyInt_AsLong PyLong_AsLong + py3: Remove #define PyInt_Check PyLong_Check + tdb: Align integer types - Drop obsolete patch ignore-tdb1-run-transaction-expand.diff - Fix header file using undefined function visibility macro; Add patch 0001-tdb-Fix-invalid-syntax-in-tdb.h.patch; (bso#14762);
==== tevent ==== Version update (0.10.2 -> 0.11.0)
- Update to version 0.11.0 + Other minor build fixes; (bso#14526); + Add custom tag to events + Add event trace api
==== xrdb ====
- Remove fallback to /lib/cpp, it's the same package as /usr/bin/cpp anyway (boo#1191060).
==== xwayland ====
- U_glamor-Fix-handling-of-1-bit-pixmaps.patch * glamor: Fix handling of 1-bit pixmaps; fixes e.g. issues with gimp on Wayland (which needs Xwayland) (boo#1189310)