Please note that this mail was generated by a script. The described changes are computed based on the x86_64 DVD. The full online repo contains too many changes to be listed here.
Please check the known defects of this snapshot before upgrading: https://openqa.opensuse.org/tests/overview?distri=microos&groupid=1&... https://bugzilla.opensuse.org/buglist.cgi?product=openSUSE%20Tumbleweed&...
Please do not reply to this email to report issues, rather file a bug on bugzilla.opensuse.org. For more information on filing bugs please see https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Submitting_bug_reports Packages changed: NetworkManager-branding-openSUSE alsa (1.2.3 -> 22.214.171.124) coreutils cracklib (2.9.6 -> 2.9.7) installation-images-MicroOS (15.6 -> 15.9) ncurses (6.2.20200531 -> 6.2.20200613) sqlite3 (3.32.2 -> 3.32.3) systemd yast2 (4.3.8 -> 4.3.9)
=== Details ===
==== NetworkManager-branding-openSUSE ====
- Fix summary variable expansion: use %rpm style instead of $shell style (boo#1172773).
==== alsa ==== Version update (1.2.3 -> 126.96.36.199)
- Update to alsa-lib 188.8.131.52: a bug fix release, see the detailed changes at: https://www.alsa-project.org/wiki/Changes_v1.2.3_v184.108.40.206
==== coreutils ====
- coreutils-gnulib-disable-test-float.patch: Add patch to temporarily disable the gnulib test 'test-float' failing on ppc and ppc64le. - coreutils.spec: Reference the patch. While at it, avoid conditional Patch and Source entries as that break cross-platform builds from source RPMs.
==== cracklib ==== Version update (2.9.6 -> 2.9.7) Subpackages: libcrack2
- Update to version 2.9.7: + fix a buffer overflow processing long words. - Drop 0003-overflow-processing-gecos.patch and 0004-overflow-processing-long-words.patch: fixed upstream. - Update source URI. - Remove use of translation-update-upstream. It cannot be added to ring 0 on leap, and 2.9.7 has some translation fixes (bsc#1172396).
==== installation-images-MicroOS ==== Version update (15.6 -> 15.9)
- merge gh#openSUSE/installation-images#390 - updated list of branches - 15.9 - merge gh#openSUSE/installation-images#389 - aarch64: add ipa kernel module - add system-group-wheel to rescue system - 15.8 - merge gh#openSUSE/installation-images#387 - Add YaST dir (workaround for bsc#1172898) - 15.7
==== ncurses ==== Version update (6.2.20200531 -> 6.2.20200613) Subpackages: libncurses6 ncurses-utils terminfo terminfo-base
- Run ldconfig local on %buildroot %_lib to get links done (boo#1173222) - Add ncurses patch 20200606 + add xterm+256color2, xterm+88color2, to deprecate nonstandard usage in xterm+256color, xterm+88color -TD + add shifted Linux console keys in linux+sfkeys entry for screen.linux (report by Alexandre Montaron). + use vt100+enq in screen (report by Alexandre Montaron). + add screen.linux-s alias (suggested by Alexandre Montaron). - Add ncurses patch 20200613 + update list of functions in ncurses.3x + move dlclose() call from lib_mouse.c to delscreen() to avoid a case in the former which could be called from SIGTSTP handler (Debian [#961097]).
==== sqlite3 ==== Version update (3.32.2 -> 3.32.3)
- SQLite 3.32.3: * Fix Heap Buffer Overflow in multiSelectOrderBy * Fix Assertion `flags3==pIn3->flags' failed * Fix Assertion `pExpr->pAggInfo==pAggInfo' failed * Fix Segfault in sqlite3Select * Fix Use after free in resetAccumulator CVE-2020-13871 boo#1172646
==== systemd ==== Subpackages: libsystemd0 libudev1 systemd-logger systemd-sysvinit udev
- migrate-sysconfig-i18n.sh: fix marker handling (bsc#1173229) The marker is used to make sure the script is run only once. Instead of storing it in /usr, use /var which is more appropriate for such file. Also make it owned by systemd package. - Fix inconsistent file modes for some ghost files (bsc#1173227) Ghost files are assumed by rpm to have mode 000 by default which is not consistent with file permissions set at runtime. Also /var/lib/systemd/random-seed was tracked wrongly as a directory. Also don't track (ghost) /etc/systemd/system/runlevel*.target aliases since we're not supposed to track units or aliases user might define/override.
==== yast2 ==== Version update (4.3.8 -> 4.3.9)
- Add a method to change the selection of the network backend to be used (related to bsc#1172749) - 4.3.9