Please note that this mail was generated by a script.
The described changes are computed based on the x86_64 DVD.
The full online repo contains too many changes to be listed here.
Please check the known defects of this snapshot before upgrading:
Please do not reply to this email to report issues, rather file a bug on
For more information on filing bugs please see
filesystem (15.5 -> 84.87)
libqmi (1.28.4 -> 1.28.6)
openldap2 (2.4.58 -> 2.4.59)
=== Details ===
==== bash ====
- Use well defined HOSTTYPE, as well as OS, VENDOR, and MACHTYPE (boo#1186296)
==== chrony ====
- Change to using systemd-sysusers
- Remove otherproviders, not needed anymore
==== filesystem ====
Version update (15.5 -> 84.87)
- Add /etc/motd.d and /usr/lib/motd.d [bsc#1185897]
- Set package version number for Tumbleweed to TW
- Add Turkish, Romanian and Indonesian to localized man directories
(match up all currently supported languages by man-db)
==== kernel-default-base ====
- Add nfsd for nfs server support (boo#1186363)
==== kmod ====
- Enable support for ZSTD compressed modules
==== libqmi ====
Version update (1.28.4 -> 1.28.6)
- Update to version 1.28.6
* New request/responses:
- dms: implement "Foxconn Set FCC authentication"
- Fix transport detection in the 'wwan' subsystem.
- Fix build with GCC 11 and -Wincompatible-pointer-types.
* Several other minor improvements and fixes.
==== openldap2 ====
Version update (2.4.58 -> 2.4.59)
- updated to 2.4.59
OpenLDAP 2.4.59 Release (2021/06/03)
Fixed libldap TLSv1.3 cipher suites with OpenSSL 1.1.1 (ITS#9521)
Fixed libldap double free of LDAP_OPT_DEFBASE (ITS#9530)
Fixed slapd syncrepl handling of add+delete on single value attr (ITS#9295)
Fixed slapd-mdb cursor init check (ITS#9526)
Fixed slapd-mdb deletion of context entry (ITS#9531)
Fixed slapd-mdb off-by-one affecting search scope (ITS#9557)
Fixed slapo-pcache locking during expiration (ITS#9529)
Fixed slapo-autogroup to not thrash thread context (ITS#9494)
ldap_modify(3) - Delete non-existent mod_next parameter (ITS#9559)
==== openssh ====
Subpackages: openssh-clients openssh-common openssh-server
- Change vendor configuration dir from /usr/share/ssh/ to
- Remove upgrade enablement hack. This has been fixed in
- Add support for vendor provided configuration files in
- Move configuration files from /etc/ssh/ to /usr/share/ssh/
- Drop openssh-7.7p1-allow_root_password_login.patch to prevent login
as root via password by default (is also upstream default). Comment
indicates that this was a temporary meassure that we now had for
five years, time to get rid of it (bsc#1173067)
==== qemu ====
- disable sheepdog, it was dropped upstream (
and fails to build with gcc 11 on non-x86
==== util-linux ====
Subpackages: libblkid1 libfdisk1 libmount1 libsmartcols1 libuuid1
- login.pamd: use pam_motd to unify motd handling [bsc#1185897].
Else motd snippets of e.g. cockpit will not be shown.