Please note that this mail was generated by a script. The described changes are computed based on the x86_64 DVD. The full online repo contains too many changes to be listed here.
Please check the known defects of this snapshot before upgrading: https://openqa.opensuse.org/tests/overview?distri=microos&groupid=1&... https://bugzilla.opensuse.org/buglist.cgi?product=openSUSE%20Tumbleweed&...
Please do not reply to this email to report issues, rather file a bug on bugzilla.opensuse.org. For more information on filing bugs please see https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Submitting_bug_reports Packages changed: NetworkManager conmon (2.0.29 -> 2.0.30) gnome-shell (40.4 -> 40.5) grub2 gstreamer-plugins-bad iputils libmfx (20.3.0 -> 21.3.3) libqt5-qtwebengine libseccomp libsecret libva (2.12.0 -> 2.13.0) mutter (40.4 -> 40.5) perl (5.32.1 -> 5.34.0) pipewire (0.3.36 -> 0.3.37) python-importlib-metadata (3.7.2 -> 4.8.1) python-numpy (1.21.0 -> 1.21.2) python-pandas (1.3.1 -> 1.3.3) talloc (2.3.2 -> 2.3.3) tracker-miners (3.1.2 -> 3.1.3) unzip xf86-input-libinput (1.1.0 -> 1.2.0)
=== Details ===
==== NetworkManager ==== Subpackages: libnm0 typelib-1_0-NM-1_0
- Drop nm-add-CAP_CHOWN-capability.patch: This solution was denied by upstream maintainers. - Remove obsolete translation-update-upstream support (jsc#SLE-21105).
==== conmon ==== Version update (2.0.29 -> 2.0.30)
- Update to version 2.0.30: * Remove unreachable code path * exit: report if the exit command was killed * exit: fix race zombie reaper * conn_sock: allow watchdog messages through the notify socket proxy * seccomp: add support for seccomp notify
==== gnome-shell ==== Version update (40.4 -> 40.5) Subpackages: gnome-shell-calendar
- Update to version 40.5: + Optimize rendering of fullscreen zoom. + Fix glitchy launch animations when leaving overview. + Fix wrong separator position in dash. + Fix OSK not registering button presses on X11. + Fix work area getting messed up by hidden panels. + Fix IM candidate popover position. + Misc. bug fixes and cleanups. + Updated translations. - Remove obsolete translation-update-upstream support (jsc#SLE-21105).
==== grub2 ==== Subpackages: grub2-i386-pc grub2-snapper-plugin grub2-x86_64-efi
- Improve support for SLE Micro 5.1 on s390x. (bsc#1190395) * amend grub2-s390x-04-grub2-install.patch * refresh grub2-s390x-11-secureboot.patch
==== gstreamer-plugins-bad ==== Subpackages: libgstadaptivedemux-1_0-0 libgstbadaudio-1_0-0 libgstbasecamerabinsrc-1_0-0 libgstcodecparsers-1_0-0 libgstcodecs-1_0-0 libgstisoff-1_0-0 libgstmpegts-1_0-0 libgstphotography-1_0-0 libgstplayer-1_0-0 libgstsctp-1_0-0 libgsturidownloader-1_0-0 libgstvulkan-1_0-0 libgstwayland-1_0-0 libgstwebrtc-1_0-0
- Stop building doc sub-package, we will in the future use upstreams own standalone doc package. Following this: Drop fdupes, gtk-doc and hotdoc BuildRequires, and fdupes call, no longer needed nor usefull, further pass doc=disabled to meson.
==== iputils ====
- Added hardening to systemd service(s) (bsc#1181400). Added patch(es): * harden_rdisc.service.patch
==== libmfx ==== Version update (20.3.0 -> 21.3.3)
- Update to 21.3.3 * latest version - refreshed cmake-sle12.patch - supersedes u_gcc11.patch
==== libqt5-qtwebengine ====
- Add patches from Arch to fix build with HarfBuzz 3.0.0: * chromium-harfbuzz-3.0.0.patch * skia-harfbuzz-3.0.0.patch - ... but don't break with < 2.9.0: * chromium-older-harfbuzz.patch
==== libseccomp ====
- Skip 11-basic-basic_errors test on qemu linux-user emulation
==== libsecret ==== Subpackages: libsecret-1-0 typelib-1_0-Secret-1
- Add libsecret-handle-UnknownObject.patch: some Secret Service API backend implementations (like keepassxc) throws UnknownObject instead of UnknownMethod, this patch handles it. (bsc#1190499, glgo#GNOME/libsecret!94) - Remove obsolete translation-update-upstream support (jsc#SLE-21105).
==== libva ==== Version update (2.12.0 -> 2.13.0) Subpackages: libva-drm2 libva2
- Update to 2.13.0 * add new surface format fourcc XYUV * Fix av1 dec doc page link issue * unify the code styles using the style_unify script * Check the function pointer before using (fixes github issue#536) * update NEWS for 2.13.0
==== mutter ==== Version update (40.4 -> 40.5)
- Update to version 40.5: + Fix monitor screencast scanouts. + Fix middle-click emulation support on X11. + Fixed crashes. + Updated translations. - Remove obsolete translation-update-upstream support (jsc#SLE-21105).
==== perl ==== Version update (5.32.1 -> 5.34.0) Subpackages: perl-base
- update to 5.34.0 * Experimental Try/Catch Syntax * Blanks freely allowed within but adjacent to curly braces * New octal syntax 0oddddd * Fix a memory leak in RegEx [GH #18604] * ExtUtils::PL2Bat 0.004 has been added to the Perl core. * Updated Modules and Pragmata - Rebase perl-5.28.0.dif to perl-5.34.0.dif - Rebase perl-incfix.diff - Rebase perl_skip_flaky_tests_powerpc.patch - Drop perl-gdbm-test-no-mmap.diff (no longer needed with gdbm 1.20) - Add c029d660f2fe60699cf64bbb3fa9f671a1a370d5.patch to fix build with gdbm 1.20 - Drop perl-fix2020.patch (included upstream)
==== pipewire ==== Version update (0.3.36 -> 0.3.37) Subpackages: gstreamer-plugin-pipewire libpipewire-0_3-0 pipewire-alsa pipewire-media-session pipewire-modules pipewire-pulseaudio pipewire-spa-plugins-0_2 pipewire-spa-tools pipewire-tools
- Update to version 0.3.37: * Highlights - Capture and playback is now avoided even more on unavailable devices. This should fix some issues where an unusable microphone was selected by default. It should now also again be possible to select an unavailable device as the default. - Native DSD audio playback is now supported. pw-cat can now also play DSF files with the -d option. - JACK stability improvements with buffer-size and samplerate changes in some apps. - Many cleanups and bugfixes all over the place. * PipeWire - pw-metadata -d does not cause an infinite loop anymore. (#1622) - Increase some plugin buffer sizes to fix some issues with many channels. (#1620) - Protect the global plugin list with a lock. Make sure pw_init() is locked. Fixes some issues with concurrent ALSA plugin usage. * media-session - Unavailable devices can be set as the default again. (#1624) - Do a better check if a device has available routes and avoid selecting devices with unavailable routes as default. - Media-session was moved to its own directory. It used to live in examples but it is past the example stage and it interferes with the build options for the real examples. * Bluetooth - The hardware quirk database is now loaded by the plugin instead of the session manager. This makes it also work with wireplumber. * ALSA - The ALSA mixer now handles device removal much better. (#1627) * libcamera - Many fixes and improvement to the libcamera plugin. (#1513) * pulse-server - Improve compatibility with pulseaudio module arguments. - Parse channel_map arguments in module-loopback. (#1486) * JACK - Delay emiting the samplerate and buffersize callbacks until the client is active. This fixes some crashes with Carla and other JACK apps. - Drop patches already included upstream: * 0001-media-session-dont-use-after-free-if-linking-node-removed.patch * 0002-update-version-number-as-well.patch
==== python-importlib-metadata ==== Version update (3.7.2 -> 4.8.1)
- Update to v4.8.1 * #348: Restored support for EntryPoint access by item, deprecating support in the process. Users are advised to use direct member access instead of item-based access: - ep -> ep.name - ep -> ep.value - ep -> ep.group - ep[:] -> ep.name, ep.value, ep.group - Release v4.8.0 * #337: Rewrote EntryPoint as a simple class, still immutable and still with the attributes, but without any expectation for namedtuple functionality such as _asdict. - Release v4.7.1 * #344: Fixed regression in packages_distributions when neither top-level.txt nor a files manifest is present. - Release v4.7.0 * #330: In packages_distributions, now infer top-level names from .files() when a top-level.txt (Setuptools-specific metadata) is not present. - Release v4.6.4 * #334: Correct SimplePath protocol to match pathlib protocol for __truediv__. - Release v4.6.3 * Moved workaround for #327 to _compat module. - Release v4.6.2 * bpo-44784: Avoid errors in test suite when DeprecationWarnings are treated as errors. - Release v4.6.1 * #327: Deprecation warnings now honor call stack variance on PyPy. - Release v4.6.0 * #326: Performance tests now rely on pytest-perf. To disable these tests, which require network access and a git checkout, pass -p no:perf to pytest. - Release v4.5.0 * #319: Remove SelectableGroups deprecation exception for flake8. - Release v4.4.0 * #300: Restore compatibility in the result from Distribution. entry_points (EntryPoints) to honor expectations in older implementations and issuing deprecation warnings for these cases: * EntryPoints objects are once again mutable, allowing for sort () and other list-based mutation operations. Avoid deprecation warnings by casting to a mutable sequence (e.g. list(dist. entry_points).sort()). * EntryPoints results once again allow for access by index. To avoid deprecation warnings, cast the result to a Sequence first (e.g. tuple(dist.entry_points)). - Release v4.3.1 * #320: Fix issue where normalized name for eggs was incorrectly solicited, leading to metadata being unavailable for eggs. - Release v4.3.0 * #317: De-duplication of distributions no longer requires loading the full metadata for PathDistribution objects, entry point loading performance by ~10x. - Release v4.2.0 * Prefer f-strings to .format calls. - Release v4.1.0 * #312: Add support for metadata 2.2 (Dynamic field). * #315: Add SimplePath protocol for interface clarity in PathDistribution. - Release v4.0.1 * #306: Clearer guidance about compatibility in readme. - Release v4.0.0 * #304: PackageMetadata as returned by metadata() and Distribution.metadata() now provides normalized metadata honoring PEP 566: * If a long description is provided in the payload of the RFC 822 value, it can be retrieved as the Description field. * Any multi-line values in the metadata will be returned as such. * For any multi-line values, line continuation characters are removed. This backward-incompatible change means that any projects relying on the RFC 822 line continuation characters being present must be tolerant to them having been removed. * Add a json property that provides the metadata converted to a JSON-compatible form per PEP 566. - Release v3.10.1 * Minor tweaks from CPython. - Release v3.10.0 * #295: Internal refactoring to unify section parsing logic. - Release v3.9.1 * #296: Exclude 'prepare' package. * #297: Fix ValueError when entry points contains comments. - Release v3.9.0 * Use of Mapping (dict) interfaces on SelectableGroups is now flagged as deprecated. Instead, users are advised to use the select interface for future compatibility. * Suppress the warning with this filter: ignore:SelectableGroups dict interface. * Or with this invocation in the Python environment: warnings. filterwarnings('ignore', 'SelectableGroups dict interface'). * Preferably, switch to the select interface introduced in 3.7.0. See the entry points documentation and changelog for the 3.6 release below for more detail. * For some use-cases, especially those that rely on importlib. metadata in Python 3.8 and 3.9 or those relying on older importlib_metadata (especially on Python 3.5 and earlier), backports.entry_points_selectable was created to ease the transition. Please have a look at that project if simply relying on importlib_metadata 3.6+ is not straightforward. Background in #298. * #283: Entry point parsing no longer relies on ConfigParser and instead uses a custom, one-pass parser to load the config, resulting in a ~20% performance improvement when loading entry points. - Release v3.8.2 * #293: Re-enabled lazy evaluation of path lookup through a FreezableDefaultDict. - Release v3.8.1 * #293: Workaround for error in distribution search. - Release v3.8.0 * #290: Add mtime-based caching for FastPath and its lookups, dramatically increasing performance for repeated distribution lookups. - Release v3.7.3 * Docs enhancements and cleanup following review in GH-24782.
==== python-numpy ==== Version update (1.21.0 -> 1.21.2)
- Update to 1.21.2 * #19497: MAINT: set Python version for 1.21.x to <3.11 * #19533: BUG: Fix an issue wherein importing numpy.typing could raise * #19646: MAINT: Update Cython version for Python 3.10. * #19648: TST: Bump the python 3.10 test version from beta4 to rc1 * #19651: TST: avoid distutils.sysconfig in runtests.py * #19652: MAINT: add missing dunder method to nditer type hints * #19656: BLD, SIMD: Fix testing extra checks when -Werror isn't applicable... * #19657: BUG: Remove logical object ufuncs with bool output * #19658: MAINT: Include .coveragerc in source distributions to support... * #19659: BUG: Fix bad write in masked iterator output copy paths * #19660: ENH: Add support for windows on arm targets * #19661: BUG: add base to templated arguments for platlib * #19662: BUG,DEP: Non-default UFunc signature/dtype usage should be deprecated * #19666: MAINT: Add Python 3.10 to supported versions. * #19668: TST,BUG: Sanitize path-separators when running runtest.py * #19671: BLD: load extra flags when checking for libflame * #19676: BLD: update circleCI docker image * #19677: REL: Prepare for 1.21.2 release. - Release 1.21.1 * #19311: REV,BUG: Replace NotImplemented with typing.Any * #19324: MAINT: Fixed the return-dtype of ndarray.real and imag * #19330: MAINT: Replace "dtype[Any]" with dtype in the definiton of... * #19342: DOC: Fix some docstrings that crash pdf generation. * #19343: MAINT: bump scipy-mathjax * #19347: BUG: Fix arr.flat.index for large arrays and big-endian machines * #19348: ENH: add numpy.f2py.get_include function * #19349: BUG: Fix reference count leak in ufunc dtype handling * #19350: MAINT: Annotate missing attributes of np.number subclasses * #19351: BUG: Fix cast safety and comparisons for zero sized voids * #19352: BUG: Correct Cython declaration in random * #19353: BUG: protect against accessing base attribute of a NULL subarray * #19365: BUG, SIMD: Fix detecting AVX512 features on Darwin * #19366: MAINT: remove print()'s in distutils template handling * #19390: ENH: SIMD architectures to show_config * #19391: BUG: Do not raise deprecation warning for all nans in unique... * #19392: BUG: Fix NULL special case in object-to-any cast code * #19430: MAINT: Use arm64-graviton2 for testing on travis * #19495: BUILD: update OpenBLAS to v0.3.17 * #19496: MAINT: Avoid unicode characters in division SIMD code comments * #19499: BUG, SIMD: Fix infinite loop during count non-zero on GCC-11 * #19500: BUG: fix a numpy.npiter leak in npyiter_multi_index_set * #19501: TST: Fix a GenericAlias test failure for python 3.9.0 * #19502: MAINT: Start testing with Python 3.10.0b3. * #19503: MAINT: Add missing dtype overloads for object- and ctypes-based... * #19510: REL: Prepare for NumPy 1.21.1 release. - Drop 0001-BUG-Fix-infinite-loop-on-gcc11.patch fixed upstream (by gcc 11.2) - Drop numpy-pr19326-fix-subarray-segfault.patch merged upstream (backported)
==== python-pandas ==== Version update (1.3.1 -> 1.3.3)
- Update to version 1.3.3 * Fixed regression in DataFrame constructor failing to broadcast for defined Index and len one list of Timestamp (GH42810) * Fixed regression in GroupBy.agg() incorrectly raising in some cases (GH42390) * Fixed regression in GroupBy.apply() where nan values were dropped even with dropna=False (GH43205) * Fixed regression in GroupBy.quantile() which was failing with pandas.NA (GH42849) * Fixed regression in merge() where on columns with ExtensionDtype or bool data types were cast to object in right and outer merge (GH40073) * Fixed regression in RangeIndex.where() and RangeIndex.putmask() raising AssertionError when result did not represent a RangeIndex (GH43240) * Fixed regression in read_parquet() where the fastparquet engine would not work properly with fastparquet 0.7.0 (GH43075) * Fixed regression in DataFrame.loc.__setitem__() raising ValueError when setting array as cell value (GH43422) * Fixed regression in is_list_like() where objects with __iter__ set to None would be identified as iterable (GH43373) * Fixed regression in DataFrame.__getitem__() raising error for slice of DatetimeIndex when index is non monotonic (GH43223) * Fixed regression in Resampler.aggregate() when used after column selection would raise if func is a list of aggregation functions (GH42905) * Fixed regression in DataFrame.corr() where Kendall correlation would produce incorrect results for columns with repeated values (GH43401) * Fixed regression in DataFrame.groupby() where aggregation on columns with object types dropped results on those columns (GH42395, GH43108) * Fixed regression in Series.fillna() raising TypeError when filling float Series with list-like fill value having a dtype which couldn?t cast lostlessly (like float32 filled with float64) (GH43424) * Fixed regression in read_csv() raising AttributeError when the file handle is an tempfile.SpooledTemporaryFile object (GH43439) * Fixed performance regression in core.window.ewm. ExponentialMovingWindow.mean() (GH42333) * Performance improvement for DataFrame.__setitem__() when the key or value is not a DataFrame, or key is not list-like (GH43274) * Fixed bug in DataFrameGroupBy.agg() and DataFrameGroupBy. transform() with engine="numba" where index data was not being correctly passed into func (GH43133) - Release 1.3.2 * Performance regression in DataFrame.isin() and Series.isin() for nullable data types (GH42714) * Regression in updating values of Series using boolean index, created by using DataFrame.pop() (GH42530) * Regression in DataFrame.from_records() with empty records (GH42456) * Fixed regression in DataFrame.shift() where TypeError occurred when shifting DataFrame created by concatenation of slices and fills with values (GH42719) * Regression in DataFrame.agg() when the func argument returned lists and axis=1 (GH42727) * Regression in DataFrame.drop() does nothing if MultiIndex has duplicates and indexer is a tuple or list of tuples (GH42771) * Fixed regression where read_csv() raised a ValueError when parameters names and prefix were both set to None (GH42387) * Fixed regression in comparisons between Timestamp object and datetime64 objects outside the implementation bounds for nanosecond datetime64 (GH42794) * Fixed regression in Styler.highlight_min() and Styler. highlight_max() where pandas.NA was not successfully ignored (GH42650) * Fixed regression in concat() where copy=False was not honored in axis=1 Series concatenation (GH42501) * Regression in Series.nlargest() and Series.nsmallest() with nullable integer or float dtype (GH42816) * Fixed regression in Series.quantile() with Int64Dtype (GH42626) * Fixed regression in Series.groupby() and DataFrame.groupby() where supplying the by argument with a Series named with a tuple would incorrectly raise (GH42731) * Bug in read_excel() modifies the dtypes dictionary when reading a file with duplicate columns (GH42462) * 1D slices over extension types turn into N-dimensional slices over ExtensionArrays (GH42430) * Fixed bug in Series.rolling() and DataFrame.rolling() not calculating window bounds correctly for the first row when center=True and window is an offset that covers all the rows (GH42753) * Styler.hide_columns() now hides the index name header row as well as column headers (GH42101) * Styler.set_sticky() has amended CSS to control the column/index names and ensure the correct sticky positions (GH42537) * Bug in de-serializing datetime indexes in PYTHONOPTIMIZED mode (GH42866)
==== talloc ==== Version update (2.3.2 -> 2.3.3) Subpackages: libtalloc2 python3-talloc
- Update to 2.3.3 + python: Ensure reference counts are properly incremented + Change pytalloc source to LGPL;(bso#9931);
==== tracker-miners ==== Version update (3.1.2 -> 3.1.3) Subpackages: tracker-miner-files
- Update to version 3.1.3: + Fix issue with missing rpath in control daemon. + Add further newly used syscalls to seccomp + Updated translations. - Drop tracker-miner-control-rpath,patch: Fixed upstream.
==== unzip ====
- Add patch to fix issue with some files being incorrectly detected as symlinks (boo#1190273) + unzip-initialize-the-symlink-flag.patch
==== xf86-input-libinput ==== Version update (1.1.0 -> 1.2.0)
- Update to version 1.2.0 * This release introduces support for touchpad gestures that will be available as part of X server 21.1. Additionally high-resolution scrolling data is now acquired from libinput if available and sent downstream to X server. The default scroll distance has been bumped to 120 in the process, but this should not affect correctly written clients.