Please note that this mail was generated by a script.
The described changes are computed based on the x86_64 DVD.
The full online repo contains too many changes to be listed here.
Please check the known defects of this snapshot before upgrading:
Please do not reply to this email to report issues, rather file a bug on
For more information on filing bugs please see
libgcrypt (1.9.3 -> 1.9.4)
libssh (0.9.5 -> 0.9.6)
openssl (1.1.1k -> 1.1.1l)
openssl-1_1 (1.1.1k -> 1.1.1l)
pipewire (0.3.33 -> 0.3.34)
pkgconf (1.7.4 -> 1.8.0)
=== Details ===
==== kio-extras5 ====
- Don't delete the DBus service file, it's got nothing to do with
==== konsole ====
- Add patch from upstream to fix KXmlGUI toolbars and Konsole
MainWindow size (kde#436471, kde#430036, kde#439339, boo#1188074):
- Add patch from upstream to fix the MainWindow size when there is
no saved size (like the first time a user runs Konsole)
==== libgcrypt ====
Version update (1.9.3 -> 1.9.4)
- Update to 1.9.4:
* Bug fixes:
- Fix Elgamal encryption for other implementations. [CVE-2021-33560]
- Fix alignment problem on macOS.
- Check the input length of the point in ECDH.
- Fix an abort in gcry_pk_get_param for "Curve25519".
* Other features:
- Add GCM and CCM to OID mapping table for AES.
* Upstream libgcrypt-CVE-2021-33560-fix-ElGamal-enc.patch
- Remove not needed patch libgcrypt-sparcv9.diff
- Fix building test t-lock with pthread. [bsc#1189745]
* Explicitly add -lpthread to compile the t-lock test.
* Add libgcrypt-pthread-in-t-lock-test.patch
==== libgpg-error ====
- Drop --with-pic (no effect with --disable-static).
==== libssh ====
Version update (0.9.5 -> 0.9.6)
Subpackages: libssh-config libssh4
- Update to version 0.9.6 (bsc#1189608, CVE-2021-3634)
==== openssl ====
Version update (1.1.1k -> 1.1.1l)
- Update to 1.1.1l release
==== openssl-1_1 ====
Version update (1.1.1k -> 1.1.1l)
- Update to 1.1.1l:
* [bsc#1189520, CVE-2021-3711] Fixed an SM2 Decryption Buffer Overflow.
* [bsc#1189521, CVE-2021-3712] Fixed various read buffer overruns
processing ASN.1 strings
- Require the crypto-policies package from libopenssl-1_1
==== pipewire ====
Version update (0.3.33 -> 0.3.34)
Subpackages: gstreamer-plugin-pipewire libpipewire-0_3-0 pipewire-alsa
pipewire-media-session pipewire-modules pipewire-pulseaudio pipewire-spa-plugins-0_2
- Add BuildRequires: pkgconfig(libcap) since it's being searched
by the build scripts.
- Replace BuildRequires: pkgconfig(libopenaptx) with libfreeaptx
since openaptx has a license issue
- Use bcond_with to enable/disable the usage of libcamera
(the defaults are not changed: it's disabled in Leap since
upstream doesn't recommend enabling it yet and enabled in TW
since we can allow some experimental support there)
- Changes suggested by darix.
- Update to version 0.3.34:
- Fixes some critical issues with previous release. Such as
devices not showing up and default devices being lost.
- Support for consumer driver streams to make the producer
v-sync to the consumer monitor in a headless compositor
- Improvements to routing of streams.
- Bluetooth battery status support for head-set profile and
using Apple extensions. aptX-LL and FastStream codec support
- Internal latency of ALSA devices can now be configured.
- A fast convolver was added to the filter-chain to implement
virtual surround sinks or reverbs.
- Add support for streams that are driver nodes for the graph.
This was already possible for source streams but it is now
also possible for playback streams. This can be used to let
a producer v-sync to the consumer monitor in a headless
compositor setup. (#1484)
- State files are now stored in XDG_STATE_HOME instead of
XDG_CONFIG_HOME. They will still be loaded from the config
home if they are not in the new state home, to ease
- Set a driver on inactive nodes to make transport work in
- Fix parsing of filter-chain controls.
- A new FFT based convolver was added to module-filter-chain.
It uses a 0-latency 2 stage convolver with small FFT for the
head and a large FFT for the tail of the convolution. A
convolution can be used to implement IR based reverbs, HRIR
surround sound or other convolution based operations. An
example HRIR virtual surround sound sink has been added as
- module-filter-chain was reworked a bit to support more config
options for the plugins.
- Endian conversion and alaw/ulaw formats are now supported for
- pw-cat will now suggest a samplerate for the graph.
- SPA_PLUGIN_DIR can now search in multiple paths separated
with a ':'.
- Passthrough mode has been worked on and has been partially
merged. S/PDIF definitions have been added and ALSA devices
updated to report and configure S/PDIF formats. The session
manager changes to fully configure and enable passthrough
mode will hopefully be merged next time.
- Fix a race in pw-stream where it would not always emit the
- Fix volume changed check. It was checking against the wrong
value and this could cause rounding errors.
- The ALSA plugin now also uses RT scheduling.
- Fix the behringer UMC202 usb device id, it was using a
generic TI chip ID that caused problems.
- Fix USB devices that don't show up anymore. Use an ALSA
workaround to fix this. (#1478)
- Add a rule for the new firmware of Sennheiser GSX 1200.
- ALSA sink and source can now use ProcessLatency param to
configure the internal latency. The latencyOffsetNsec
property is also exposed so that the latency can be adjusted
in pavucontrol as well.
- Fix a critical issue where the default device was not
remembered anymore when it was removed.
- Fix the issue where some apps need to be restarted when
nodes go away and reappear.
- Improve routing of streams. Streams that have a specific
target set will now be moved to the target when it appears
instead of staying on the fallback.
- Small memory leak fixes.
- Try to switch back to the user selected profile after
finishing a Bluetooth recording.
- Add support for HF indicator 2 battery status.
- Add support for XAPL battery status.
- Set the Communication intended role for HFP profile.
- Enable SBC-XQ by default if not disabled by quirks.
- Fix some potential crashes due to excessive polling.
- Add aptx-LL codec and enable duplex for aptx-LL devices.
- Add FastStream codec. This is a codec that can use a
duplex SBC channel.
* PulseAudio server
- Suggests a samplerate for the graph.
- Support for handling S/PDIF (IEC958) formats was added. This
will start working when the session manager supports
configuring streams and nodes in passthrough mode.
- Be smarter when handling devices without a negotiated format
yet so that they are visible as well. This makes virtual
devices show up immediately.
* ALSA plugin
- Now suggests a samplerate for the graph.
- The jack.pc file can only be generated with meson >= 0.59.0.
When the jack-devel option is enabled, it will generate an
error with older meson.
- Small stability improvements when connecting/disconnecting in
==== pkgconf ====
Version update (1.7.4 -> 1.8.0)
Subpackages: libpkgconf3 pkgconf-m4 pkgconf-pkg-config
- Update to version 1.8.0:
+ Fix a minor memory leak relating to cross-personalities
+ Fix some edge cases with --redefine-prefix
+ Do not prepend sysroot_dir if the .pc file does not exist
in the sysroot
+ Do not perform path filtering on default system include
and library path lists.