probably not really a topic for opensuse-kernel, but you guys can
hopefully tell me whom to contact...
* lenovo ideacentre q150, atom d525, nvidia ion2 chipset
* ethernet: e100 82552
* opensuse 12.1 (with or without KOTD does not matter)
* no proprietary nvidia drivers (nouveau does just fine)
* no BIOS update available
* ethernet e100 works fine if cold booted from *power plug removed*,
fails if rebooted from Windows. Shutting down windows and powering up
does not help, only removing the power supply does help
* debug=16 shows that all register reads in the botched case are
something like 0x????FFFF and finally the PHY is "unknown" and thus
the interface does not work.
The latest e100 driver from the intel site is > 5 years old and has a
lower version number than the one in the kernel, so I did not even try it.
Once I'm home again I can wire up the machine and provide the different
entries from the working and non-working case after
"modprobe e100 debug=16"
I'm grateful for any hints :-)
"Dispatch war rocket Ajax to bring back his body!"
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse-kernel+unsubscribe(a)opensuse.org
To contact the owner, e-mail: opensuse-kernel+owner(a)opensuse.org