Feature changed by: Adrian Schröter (adrianSuSE)
Feature #305931, revision 4
Title: Temporary Build Support (aka mbuild)
Requested by: Adrian Schröter (adriansuse)
A temporary build support is wanted to obsolete what we currently have
internal as mbuild. A temporary Build should fullfill the following
* Upload of local sources without the need to create a project or package
* Build as part of an existing project, without the need to have write
access there and without to modify it.
* Build results should be stored and downloadable for X time.
Afterwards they need to get removed automatically.
* Build via a new single-shot mechanism: Ignoring current
scheduled/building/blocked states of existing packages and do not
reschdule again afterwards
* Hermes notification on build finish.
#1: Michal Marek (michal-m) (2009-03-02 10:25:07)
An important feature is also that the build should not get blocked by
build dependencies, but rather take whatever packages are there and
attempt to build. Lack of this is the reason why we still use mbuild
for the KOTD (kernel of the day).
Another thing: is it planned to be able to submit multiple source
packages as part of a "mbuild" job? It would be really cool to be able
to build also kernel-syms and some KMPs as part of the KOTD.
+ #2: Adrian Schröter (adriansuse) (2009-03-19 10:45:14)
+ Yes, added to the feature.