Feature changed by: Roman Bysh (Romanator)
Feature #311245, revision 18
- Title: Add gui slider feature to the Yast partitioner for resizing
+ Title: Add gui slider to the Yast partitioner for resizing partitions
openSUSE Distribution: New
Requested by: Roman Bysh (romanator)
Partner organization: openSUSE.org
I'm requesting we add a nice slider to the partitioner to resize
partitions with text and visual readout.
This way we have two options:
1) Manual slider for resizing partitions with visual readout
2) Manual text entry for resizing by partition/cylinder
3) Adding a grab bar on both sides of partition block to allow resizing
from either side of the partition block
* The request is for openSUSE 11.5 and higher
Business case (Partner benefit):
: The gui slider simplies the ability to shrink, resize and
move a partition during the installation process.
#1: Roman Bysh (romanator) (2011-02-18 16:58:44)
Earlier versions of the Yast partitioner used to have a nice gui
slider. It was a very useful feature for resizing the user's partitions
during the openSUSE installation set up.
It's time to modernize the partitioner.
#2: Anton Reznik (reanxp-rus) (2011-02-19 08:00:25) (reply to #1)