All meeting minutes can be found here:
dleuenberger,guillaumeg, adrians, lkocman, rbrown, ddemaio, bigironman,
!!! Please be aware that this meeting is hosted on
Open Source @ SUSE Internal and External marketing. We've received an
bit undefined task to increase adoption and visibility of openSUSE.
Mili would like.
Still need to look into missing maintainers on SUSE side situation.
Still some ongoing discussion about migration testing, we need to have
migrations passing by Leap 15.3 Beta / 15 SP3 Public Beta (End of
* Discussion with new packaging team lead about future python refreshes
(previously done by Tomas Ch.)
Dominique: ftp-tree of Leap 15.3 is not up2date. This blocks beta
Lubos will check with Adrian.
## openSUSE Tumbleweed
* Bash 5.1 available in Tumbleweed since 0120
* Few snapshots in the last week:
0122 blocked due to sysuser-tools switch to systemd-sysuser, but
0123 was 'too slow in openQA' - 0125 was ready with build way too
fast, replaced snapshot
0125 was blocked due to postfix boo#1180473 (postfix reverted)
0126 en route to QA
* Did some cleanup of obsolete Prefer: in openSUSE:Factory prjconf
* Planned switch from LUA 5.3 to LUA 5.4
* Autoconf 2.70: some backwards incompatible changes, and implicitly
starts gtkdocize in case configure.ac contains GTK_DOC_CHECK;
Especially for ring0 packages, this is painful, as we cannot add gtk-
doc dependenices there. Those packages need to GTKDOCIZE=true before
running autoreconf (most don't need to run autoreconf, unless they
patch configure - upstream your patches!)
lkocman: gstreamer-plugins-bad some functionality might be dropped as
part of CtLG (SLE-13843)
## Richard (Kubic/TW MicroOS)
devel-project Housekeeping ongoing, significant pile of updates checked
Kubernetes 1.20.2 and 1.19.7 released (Thanks Dirk!)
MicroOS for Rock64 Image is now in testing
Team is looking into adding NVIDIA Jetson Nano support, investigating
SELinux-by-default tests reviewed, changes required, WIP
MicroOS talk discussing the wide scope of the Project will be at FOSDEM
(Distro DevRoom) and SUSE Engineering Summit
Investigating possibility of adapting/creating a new variant of Kubic
focused on being a base OS for Rancher k8s
AdrianS: I'll be happy to help there if needed.
* Fails to verify signature of Backports RPM while installing, asked
YaST team and zypp team
* My experiment for zypper dup kind of works
, we need
for openQA, in reality we need to update opensuse-release package to
add vendor conf change and release updated opensuse-release to
supported Leap version
* Have a look at migration problem reported by QA and asked Hernan give
his thought about credential issue, bsc#1180851
Some maintenance updates were not picked up by Maintenance team because
of missing maintainer.
All packages blocking audacity update now have maintainers (lv2 lilv,
serd - slees, python-Markup - mcepl)
## Guillaume - Arm
* MicroOS images for Rock64 are still failing because we need to
build u-boot against arm-trusted-firmware package which requires to
have arm-trusted-firmware and edk2 packages in Tumbleweed first, but is
blocked in legal queue (Staging:adi:75).
Leap 15.3 ARM:
* WIP: add JeOS package to build images for non-UEFI Arm systems.
* Armv7: Project setup: See Dirk's section below.
* M6g worker is currently down. Working to get it back asap.
WSL: WIP to have WSL on aarch64 on
is to haveWSL-DistroLauncher package built for aarch64. Help welcomed.
lkocman: Apple M1 chips are now "fully" supporting Linux.
## Michel ppc64le
not present, nothing special to report.
## Sarah - s390x
Did not attend, apologized in advance.
* EOY Results Meetups
* Planned for Jan. 30. - http://bit.ly/2YiizUK
* Editing video for youtube
* List of items and improvements we identified - http://bit.ly/3olI8Pn
* Quarterly sprints for improving websites (o.o. and get.o.o, plus
lkocman: Is anybody aware of any reason why software-o-o couldn't be
replaced by get-o-o
Doug: Stasiek mentioned that this was discussed and there was a lot of
ideas but the effort died based on available resources.
* Looking at codes and wiki improvements
* software.o.o explanation of images
* may look at new survey for pain points to extract hardware info
* GSOC 2021 application due by Feb. 19
* 101.o.o. updated
* metrics.o.o is fixed (thx Witek)
- Mili wants to see some more telemetry details, he's willing to
dedicate two persons working on the telemetry solutions in installer or
in general. Lubos will open a feature tracker.
Richard: there is a whole page about it. metrics-o-o are displaying
also data from mirrors. /var/lib/zypp/AnonymousUniqueID
Richard - community might not like it
Adrian: we could have an icon to click on to provide a feedback.
Dirk: analyzing sentiment could be better.
lkocman: I got recently reached out by somebody from SUSE Technical
Alliance about CentOS, about the effort. Meeting will be possibly on
suseportal.cz / opensuse.cz - ongoing discussion
Waiting for feedback from Martin Zikmund (should be this week).
Looking at initial "Leap 15.3 for Ports" bootstrap together with
Adrian. First step is to recreate the SLE packages from SLE source in
OBS. Identified a > 150 packages blacklist that seems to cause fallout.
Unclear how to
defined/expected way less than 150 blacklisted packages.
Still waiting for builds being scheduled, progress is very slow. Only
managed to reach Adrian this week.
No further discussion with openSUSE Backports for ports, no conclusion
* Various package updates and build fixes for openSUSE:Factory:ARM and
Dirk: bootstrapping is currently stalled as he approach Adrian only
Dirk: It doesn't make sense Leap 15.3 which only contains 1k packages.
If we'd skip backports the whole project would not make any sense.
Dirk: Backports people are concerned about enabling ARMv7
## Gerald or any Board representative
## Wolfgang (Package Hub)
Still: Submit requests for package updates are still on hold since
dependency updates on SLE side is waiting for
Add fix for rpmlint-mini (character encoding bug) Thanks to Dirk
Runtime dependency for KDE Plasma 5 (libpoppler-qt5) release thru
(Antonio is currently testing)
Pattern kde was missing and couldn't build since patterns from SLE
wheren't mirrored to from IBS to OBS.
Mirroring patterns to OBS should be done now.
lkocman: pattern* blacklist was removed yesterday by Rudi
## Adrian - CtLG
Marco is still working on the submit request mirroring and transferring
lkocman: Is there currently any todo list for the Maintenance setup? It
would be great to have something testable by maintenance team after
Max's pull request for osc-plugin-jump needs to be rebased, otherwise I
do not have any issues with his githash.
Max: rebased and merged.
lkocman: how to currently handle transition of state change? We're
currently having open requests after the change was accepted. And
rejecting "accepted" change would not look good.
Adrian: we will discuss this internally.
lkocman: I'll keep internally accepted - SRs open for now
Note by Adrian: SLE maintenance updates are merged to a single channel
by a script by Adrian which is merging updates and keeps amount of
repos/channels low. SLE Updates are published as soon as possible it's
definitely within few hours, not days.
Dimstar: we're enabling non-free repos for Ports. For s390x it is
already enabled and published (to my surprise no changes were needed on
the publisher side); question is basically if we can expect the publish
to 'just happen' on ARM/PowerPC as well or if publisher adjustments
would have to be expected
TTM: does not have enabled pubshing since 1st of January.
## Marcus - Maintenance
Adrian: patchinfo is still TBD. Dependecies should be resolvable.
The setup from Jump 15.2.1 has been implemented to Leap:15.3:Updates
Adrian: 15.3 SLE and 15.3 OSS is there, and I have to hardlink
Lubos to update Maintenance team by end of the day.