All meeting minutes can be found here:
guillaume_g, dleuenberger, lkocman, skriesch, wengel, michel, maxlin,
!!! Please be aware that this meeting is hosted on
My Christmas break starts on Thursday 17th Dec, but I'll be available
Updated software-o-o to display all install-images in the single
installation tab (no more ports)
Announcement of openSUSE Leap 15.3 testing images availability on
!!! New package submissions need to be currently submitted to
openSUSE:Backports:SLE-15-SP3 !!! We'll fix this (internal request OBS-
Next step from this is to update get-software-o-o (future replacement
I'll be working on as many tasks as possible in progress-o-o. A lot of
them are no longer applicable since we re-use binaries.
## openSUSE Tumbleweed
* RPM 4.16 in Staging:A, together with brp-check-suse.
* openblas: https://bugzilla.opensuse.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1179764
* Mozilla (FF and TB):
The rest in Staging:A seems to settle
* Ruby 3.0 scheduled for Dec 25; YaST is not ready for it, the rest
seems ok; we will add ruby 3.0 as 2nd interpreter and build all
rubygems - but stay with ruby 2.7 as default for now
* Active work won rpmlint 2.0 is ongoing; integration work is messy,
due to its huge dep chain
* DNS on openQA/ariel is stil set to GOOGLE
## Richard (Kubic/TW MicroOS)
MicroOS is moving to selinux by default (but not Kubic, yet). Package
to automatically configure it is WIP. Meanwhile users can enable it
with transactional-update setup-selinux Please join the
selinux(a)lists.opensuse.org mailinglist for all discussions related to
improving SELinux on openSUSE.
kubernetes 1.20 packged and released, minor tunings required
All MicroOS/Kubic appliance/vm/pi images may configure hostname based
on DHCP lease, submission in review.
MicroOS/Kubic Pi images now use compress=lzo
MicroOS tasks being tracked on a public github project tracker -
. Everyone should
please feel free to leave suggestions or (even better) work on the
issues tracked there.
My Christmas break starts from 18th Dec.
Shameless Plug: Blogged about using combustion to configure MicroOS on
Pi - https://rootco.de/2020-12-09-microos-pi-network-monitor/
* Review suse-sle-reviewers SRs aka mirror submissions
lkocman: for everyone please reference bug or jira in submissions for
SLE. suse-sle-reviewers will not approve SR without issue reference as
SLE Release Manager would reject it anyway. And we want to keep short
* Working on Backports project
* Check what packages have to carry from 15.2:Update to SP3 Backports
* Seems rpmlint-backports hasn't refuse opencv3 build on !x86_64
Lubos will look at the publishing of appliance images, which is
currently not working.
## Guillaume - Arm
I will be off the next 2 weeks, but I will keep an eye on openQA.
* is rolling no blocker.
Leap 15.3 ARM:
* A "Prefer: opencv" has been added to PrjConf of Backports:SLE-15-
SP3 to fix unresolvables on all non-x86 architectures
* Armv7: Project setup to do.
RPi 400 is still a WIP. We already have patches for u-boot, waiting for
internal review: https://github.com/openSUSE/u-boot/pull/14
WSL: WIP to have WSL on aarch64 on
is to haveWSL-DistroLauncher package built for aarch64.
Lubos: no update either
Will be done today: On this topic I have an agreement with WSL team to
publish a blog post about how to get this working manually via wsl.exe
import of aarch64 binary archive from OBS. Fedora recently published
something like this, but for x86.
WSL information: https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:WSL
## Michel ppc64le
start to look at leap15.3 tests failures
Lubos requested additional HW resources for openqa, Hector (our Power
TPM) is on it.
Adrian: there is support for ppc VM in the script, but we need KVM for
Lubos to check with Hector.
## Sarah - s390x
* first official week for Sarah with openSUSE release engineering as a
* fix for DASD bug is ongoing (Developers require more information)
* verification of different bug fixes
* End of Year Survey to run from Dec. 19 to - Jan. 2 (questions
* Will write article
* Alpha Leap 15.3 article today
shops prototype received
* matomo (former piwik) is down. (fix likely to come in January)
* centos topic - https://etherpad.opensuse.org/p/migratefromcentos
* Elections have begun
* Meet the candidates this weekend -
Finished rewording of Distribution Architecture Policy and posted
update (was: Tier1 Policy):
Various Tumbleweed package updates:
## Wolfgang (Package Hub)
* Backports synced to CDN so PackageHub can be activated with
SUSEConnect and is ready for testing
* KDE Plasma 5 is currently missing, Antonio is helping on that
* Waiting for some submit requests to SLE to be accepted
Lubos will request prioritization of these requests. Let's make sure
it's done before Christmas or until end of the year in worst case.
Max would like to setup Minimal staging for Backports over the
## Adrian - CtLG
Marco will deliver finished mirroring plugin by end of the week.
All that's needed should be done, including publishing.
Max: we can enable publishing in :ToTest
Will work on Leap 15.3 publishing these days. Afterwards Jump 15.2
project will be removed everywhere.
lkocman: Any news from Marco on SR mirroring?
Adrian/Max: SR redirection is already in place, should work for frozen
projects as well.
We need to see if there is any gap in between freezing Backports and
ARMv7 discussion notes
* Setup should be for ARMv7 and count possibly RISC-V
* ARMv7 has just ready to boot images, so no install images.
- These were not on software.opensuse.org
, but rather linked from
wiki. In the end we would like to have these images on software-o-o as
* Guillaume is fine with using term Ports
* We will need to have a (sub) project that contains all the sources
from SUSE:SLE-15-SP3:GA (the whole inheritance structure) +
openSUSE:Backports + openSUSE:Leap:15.3
Arches would initially be set only to ARMv7
We would like to have Autobuild's help for at least the initial setup.
Guillaume should be admin on that project, otherwise it's going to be
We would like to have setup by mid January.
Max: we need to rebuild every source, my concern is about the layout
We will most likely have to copy sources one by one.
Lubos: Let's ask autobuild how to copy sources and ensure that they're
the same as in the inheritance structure for SUSE:SLE-15.
Max: An idea: we could compare package list in Leap 15.2, we could copy
it from SP3:GA or inherited project and rebuild that.
Note: Lubos just sent request for initial ARMv7 setup to
ARMv7 Feature tracker for OPENSUSE-14 / SLE-17212 (accessible to
members of openSUSE partner team, Neal Gompa, me, Guillaume G.)