All meeting minutes can be found here:
dleuenberger, lkocman,guillaume_g, rbrown, mlin, dirk, ddemaio
!!! Please be aware that this meeting will be already hosted on!!!
Last Community features review was cancelled due to a training
Working on slides for OSLO 2020. Leap next and Why should be companies
interested in Leap next.
Issues with migration https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1177506
The mini-interlock for Leap 15.2.1 happens on Monday 19th October after
the OSLO conference.
## openSUSE Tumbleweed
* The DNS issues on openQA seems to be fixed: ariel references an
internal DNS Server, and name resolution, incld domains providing
dnssec, seems to work
* Kernel 5.9 is being delayed by the kernel folks, giving nvidia some
chance to catch up (the last two months were apparently not enough) -
main issue: license
* GNOME 3.38.1 is ready in GNOME:Next; we still miss a maintainer-
commitment on mozjs78 (and working packages)
## Richard (Kubic/TW MicroOS)
Cockpit will be added to MicroOS as a default installed service *WIP*
Kubernetes 1.19.2 certification pending
Working on container tests
Experimenting with KIND (Kubernetes In Docker) , replacing the
Docker/Ubuntu Images with CRI-O/Kubic ones.
Two MicroOS Desktop talks at openSUSE Conference, various improvements
to the GNOME flavour otw to Factory (printing support, better out of
the box icons)
* Finished renaming of Jump -> Leap. Wait for migration and zypper dup
test success to work in order to verify the change goes well
* Look into systemd-networkd issue on Jump, leave my thoughts on
* Look into wrong repo be added to the system for migration,
* We need a empty update/jump/15.2/non-oss for now, can someone doing
:ToTest publishing happens it was just triggered manually by
Adrian. We do publish from :ToTest to staging.
Publish ftp-prod is blocked on admin(a)opensuse.org request.
Lubos and Max to check on this topic. There is a ticket
Adrian re-published Jump manually due to work regarding release-
release-compare is on codestreams 12 and 15 but still build issues for
## Guillaume - Arm
* obs-arm-4 is still offline (broken nvme)
* Pointer Authentication and Branch Target Identification (BTI)
targeting October for aarch64 user-space:
- New problem discovered (due to glibc 2.32?):
* VLC is still missing on aarch64 and ppc64le , but an update has
been released in Leap:15.2:Update so, PackageHub/Backports can pick it
up - https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1175972
- Main openqa worker upgraded to Leap 15.2, but we have big
WSL: WIP to have WSL on aarch64 on
is to have WSL-DistroLauncher package built for aarch64.
32-bit ARMv7: Lubos to talk to PM. Meanwhile Guillaume will drive the
No available until end of October.
ppc64 (BE) TW publishing blocked by core dump at install
Will be in vacation next week for all October.
* openSUSE + LibreOffice Conference
* Conference starts Oct. 15
* Had people testing system on Oct. 13
* Please test ASAP
* Telegram Channel for conference - https://bit.ly/2GicEK8
TODO: Finalize Tier1 Policy and start Tumbleweed Subsection
## Gerald || Marina
## Wolfgang (Package Hub and s390x)
Leap 15.2 MicroOS is temporarily paused.
## Adrian - Jump
Update trees have almost 0 size now after the rebase.
What's still missing is the updateinfo (information for zypper up -p)
What's still missing in the submit request mirroring is the
communication back from SLE submission.
Pool repo is needed for getting the updates for running the jump
installation, for migration it's not needed.
For jump installation SCC should not influence repositories. But during
migration you're basically switching away from Jump and this needs to
be replaced by supported product channels.
This repository is needed only for update of installation.
Why does SCC read this information at all.
These respos should not be used after migration at all.
Max: when I enable publishing to :ToTest project. Which publish script
should we used in what moment.
For appliances we can avoid scripts, but for product we need the
script. Script should be running when you enable publishing.
* SLE Update trees issue with almost 3x the size of the current ftp-
- Adrian proposes to use SLE :Update snapshot as a baseline for Jump
builds. This will significantly reduce the ftp update tree size. Lubos
will send an email to confirm that we agree with the proposal.
* SLE Update tree is about to get pushed to ftp server
* We may have delays in next weeks due to other priorities