All meeting minutes can be found here:
dleuenberger, ddemaio, rbrown, skriesch, guillaumeg, lkocman, wengel,
maxlin, sbahling, gp
!!! Please be aware that this meeting is hosted on
<-- I believe a heading is missing here: 20 of 7 .. of what?
Agreement is to have 0 on intel, and hopefully aarch64. Everything else
should be as good as it can get.
Current blocker for publishing further updates:
<- should be
packman - debuginfo / debugsource, inode.at mirror is broken
Discussion about SUMA-23 (cobbler + pulp repo as a lightweight RMT
alternative community feature request). Depends on libmodulemd and
librepo ECOs. So far we've agreed to do these. SUMA team will reach out
to me again in 3 weeks.
## openSUSE Tumbleweed
* grub2 with boothole v2 fixes was released for TW in snapshot 0315
* glibc 2.33 / i586 fix was confirmed by users. A full rebuild of the
snapshot was published, which brought the download infra close to the
* SELinux enabling during the installation phase; default is switched
to 'disabled', as I'm not happy with the UX (two reboots post install)
* GNOME 40.beta is ready in the GNOME:Next repo (UI changes, dock now
at the bottom; TW will see it end in March/April timeframe if nothing
bad comes up)
* GCC 11 as the default compiler is being tested in a Staging
## Richard (Kubic/TW MicroOS)
Preparing for MicroOS Desktop for Hackweek
SELinux tests under review
* We're free from Beta blocker (boo#1182776, bsc#1182891)
* noarch packages issue (bsc#1181832, bsc#1183097)
* Another 000package-groups change against sles-release for fix zypper
dup from Leap 15.3 to SLE15 SP3 bsc#1181829
## Guillaume - Arm
* Bug with grub/shim on aarch64 fixed:
* New bug with kiwi: MicroOS images are unbootable:
* Evaluating the option to enable in-kernel Memory Tagging Extension
(MTE) support via KASAN for aarch64 in kernel-debug. E-mail sent to
openSUSE kernel mailing list to get some feedback in parallel to my
Leap 15.3 ARM:
* aarch64: Bug in grub/shim fixed:
* initial openQA setup done :
* armv7 NET ISO is now bootable but grub has no theme and it
hangs at 'Hardware detection'
WSL: Stalled: WIP to have WSL on aarch64 on
is to have WSL-DistroLauncher package built for aarch64. Help welcomed.
SUSE is currently interviewing candidates for the WSL Engineering post.
So far Jeff is still the only person working on the Engineering efforts
(native kiwi support, and some current WSL build blockers on SLE).
Lubos is currently considering a hackweek project for WSL / aarch64.
This is currently the plan.
## Michel ppc64le
## Sarah - s390x
* new Tumbleweed builds
* Leap 15.3 test issue because of SLE test dependency:
Lubos: Contact Ihno Kumreich for any questions for s390x/SLE
Engineering. I can try to help as well.
* Leap 15.3
* Still - https://en.opensuse.org/In_the_press_15.3
* Beta t-shirts still coming in
* openSUSE Conference (June 18 - 20)
* Have access to tool opensuse.venueless.events
* GSoC Mentor Org
* Is anyone interested in mentoring rpmlint
* Shells status
* Lifecycle discussion
Focused on remaining bootstrap tasks (ghc, fpc, ...), work in progress
Backports still has a lot of failures (also on x86_64)
Step: Still a lot of unsolved issues (e.g. requirements on sles-
release, but sles-release disabled for non-SLE architectures)
Based on report on the project@ list: can we see to spread out Beta/RC
releases of Leap and larger Tumbleweed snapshots as not to overload
Lubos indicated he'd look into that with Dominique.
## Wolfgang (Package Hub), Scott Bahling
## Adrian - CtLG or openSUSE Step
RISC-V/TW is not represented on this call.
We still don't know how to release ftp-tree for armv7.