How late is it to post feature requests?
I'm testing openSUSE on a Pegasos PPC machine (
). Right now a lot of workarounds
are necessary to get it running (documented at
), which is far from
the usual SuSE installation experience.
I already know, that the Amiga partition table is not going to be
supported by YaST2 (bug #121698). MSDOS partitions can be used as a
workaround, but not officially supported by Pegasos. Xorg and mouse
problems are under investigation.
What I would like to see, is to make booting and kernel install more
easy. This would require a few modifications and being able to see, that
the installation is done on a Pegasos machine:
- do not install a boot manager
- if a fresh install, suggest creating a small ext2 partition on /dev/hda1
- do not suggest in YaST2 partitioner to create a CHRP boot partition
(it can't be used)
- run a command like this, after /boot/initrd is ready on the installed
system, to get an OpenFiremware bootable kernel:
mkzimage --vmlinux /boot/vmlinux --initrd /boot/initrd --output
- prepare an e-mail with suggestions how to edit the file 'menu' on
I'm currently downloading Debian and FC5 to see, how is it solved in
those distributions. Bye,