Closing the Leap Gap - Weekly Update
All meeting minutes can be found here:
New Meeting location: https://meet.opensuse.org/ClosingTheLeapGap
(Friday 11:30 CEST)
Attendees (please add yourself): lkocman, Heiko, Michel, Adrian,
Stephan, Jiri, Rudi, Stefan, Frederic, Scott, Lars, ddemaio
1.0 Project plan:
3.0 Priority items and blockers
List of features marked as "DeveloperProgram"
JUMP related work is tracked here
Simplified Feature request for openSUSE Leap contributors
4.0 Updates from individual teams
4.1 openSUSE Leap Release Management
Owner: Lubos Kocman
* Discussed package movements Leap/Package Hub -> SLE with Frederic
These get triggered every time when a SLE Feature request requires
* Communicated soon-to-be availability of Jump, SLE RM and Maintenance
and Adrian approved Submission model
Interestingly no community feedback
Adrian: there was a discussion within the team.
Rudi: This was discussed, nothing is implemented yet on the mirroring
Redirection to SLE will currently result into reject. There has to be a
Adrian: Current way to implement this seems to be to have a osc plugin
for Release team.
Rudi: Complete unattended automation is unwanted.
Blocked on admin(a)opensuse.org ticket
* ETA ~5 weeks for the openSUSE partner setup (JIRA-722). Delayed by
Might be sooner, depends on the team capacity.
* TBD openSUSE / SLE vendor config for Jump (SLE-14807)
* s390x still looking for openSUSE Jump / Leap rel-eng
Currently open topic with openSUSE Board on having non-SUSE Employee as
a "project maintainer". So far no update. Next step would be an
internal discussion with Security, Autobuild and Legal as long as we
have a support from the Board.
Rudi: Perhaps ask Sergio(slindomansilla)
4.2. openSUSE Leap Release Engineering
Owner: Max Lin, Guillaume, Michel
Michel: No update for ppc64le
Todo: Lubos to find a person who can create a Jump structure on
pontifex. Check with Dimstar or Ludwig
^ Still pending
4.3 SLE Release Management
Owner: Alex Herzig, Stefan Weiberg
Stefan: 15 SP3, we're currently accepting submissions. Alpha 1 to be
Owner: Lars Vogdt, Adrian Schroeter
Adrian: openSUSE jump seems to have currently complete project
configuration. The project should be more or less empty as it should
get most data from SLE.
Action item: talk to Adrian and Max.
Update tree regeneration is still an open topic.
Owner: Stephan Barth
Owner: Marcus Meissner
4.7 Package Hub
Owner: Wolfgang Engel, Scott Bahling
Working on a reply to the package movement discussion.
4.8 Beta Program
Owner: Vincent Moutoussamy
Lubos: Vincent reached to me regarding the wiki refresh topic. I still
have to find out the record of what pages are to be addressed.
4.9 Engineering / Product Migration
Owner: Jiri Srain
We will need some general solution for any operation for Leap -> SLE
migration via media boot. That part will have to be done by yast team.
4.10 Engineering - Kernel
Owner: Libor Pechacek
4.11 Engineering - Desktop
Owner: Frederic Crozat
Almost all CtLG desktop features in SLE 15 SP3 have been evaluated and
distributed among the various teams, work in progress on implementation
(same as last week)
4.12 Quality Assurance
Owner: Marita Werner, Heiko
Support of mixed containers that might contain openSUSE content.
Our understanding is that any image containing mixed SLE, openSUSE or
3rd party content would be only supported on the SLE parts by SUSE (as
layed out in the Closing the Leap Gap slidedeck around pg. ~53).
Lubos to reach out to PM to double check. Might be an interesting
support case during Leap -> SLE migration.
4.13 SLE Architect
Owner: Thorsten Kukuk
4.14 Marketing and Community management
Owner: Douglas DeMaio
New Prototype Builds Bringing Leap, SLE Closer Will be Available Soon -
Lubos to double check with Vincent regarding bugzilla topic and the
Owner: Gerald ;-)
4.16 Product Management
Owner: Stefan Behlert