On Tue, Aug 13, Thomas Bechtold wrote:
while the cloud team starts to create containers for
there are some open questions regarding to openSUSE Factory:
Welcome in the club!
At first, I hope you know
This should already answer a lot of questions.
- is there already some sort of idea/strategy if/how
containers for specific
packages (like mariadb, rabbitmq, ...) could be maintained for
Currently, it works this way:
- create a devel project for the container
- create a correct *.kiwi file for the container with correct labels
- submit to openSUSE:Factory
- tell the team, that they should be released as official containers
- everytime, we release a new openSUSE Tumbleweed snapshot, containers,
which have changed (base containers, RPMs part of the container, ...),
we will release a new version of this container into the registry.
- should a container (eg mariadb) be in the devel
for mariadb) and submitted to openSUSE:Factory ?
For openSUSE Kubic we created devel:kubic:containers
Since you need to setup building containers correct in the devel
project, I would create a devel project only for building containers
and not enable it in many different devel projects.
- do we have a naming schema for the container
mariadb-container or mariadb-image)?
For Kubic we are using kubic-*-image
For Tumbleweed we are using tumbleweed-*-image
You should think about the namespace on the registry.
If this containers are generic useable, it should go into the
If this containers are only useable for your Cloud product, we should
maybe discuss a new namespace for this.
And if the containers are generic useable, please make sure, the
containers build for x86-64, aarch64, power64le and s390x.
Thorsten Kukuk, Distinguished Engineer, Senior Architect SLES & MicroOS
SUSE Linux GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nuernberg, Germany
GF: Felix Imendoerffer, Mary Higgins, Sri Rasiah, HRB 21284 (AG Nuernberg)
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse-factory+unsubscribe(a)opensuse.org
To contact the owner, e-mail: opensuse-factory+owner(a)opensuse.org