Please note that this mail was generated by a script. The described changes are computed based on the x86_64 DVD. The full online repo contains too many changes to be listed here.
Please check the known defects of this snapshot before upgrading: https://openqa.opensuse.org/tests/overview?distri=opensuse&groupid=1&...
Please do not reply to this email to report issues, rather file a bug on bugzilla.opensuse.org. For more information on filing bugs please see https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Submitting_bug_reports
Packages changed: libinput (1.21.0 -> 1.22.0) libupnp (1.14.14 -> 1.14.15) mpfr (4.1.0 -> 4.1.1) plymouth xterm (375 -> 376) xz (5.2.7 -> 5.2.8)
=== Details ===
==== libinput ==== Version update (1.21.0 -> 1.22.0) Subpackages: libinput-udev libinput10
- Update to release 1.22 * A new flat acceleration profile is available for trackpoints, making them more usable in some cases. * This version includes quirks for laptops from Lenovo, Acer and Microsoft, as well as for the Framework laptop and ARM based Chromebooks.
==== libupnp ==== Version update (1.14.14 -> 1.14.15) Subpackages: libixml11 libupnp17
- Update to release 1.14.15 * Fix for some CMake missing files in the autotools distro
==== mpfr ==== Version update (4.1.0 -> 4.1.1)
- Update to mpfr 4.1.1 * Bug fixes (see https://www.mpfr.org/mpfr-4.1.0/#fixed and/or the ChangeLog file), in particular for macros implementing functions. * Improved manual formatting. * Accumulated bugfixes - Remove mpfr-4.1.0-p7.diff, all patches are contained in the new version. - Update mpfr.keyring
==== plymouth ==== Subpackages: libply-splash-core5 libply-splash-graphics5 libply5 plymouth-dracut plymouth-lang plymouth-plugin-label plymouth-plugin-two-step plymouth-scripts plymouth-theme-bgrt plymouth-theme-spinner
- Drop plymouth-keep-KillMode-none.patch: We have a new enough version of systemd now to not need this patch any more.
==== xterm ==== Version update (375 -> 376) Subpackages: xterm-bin xterm-resize
- update to 376: * modify configure script to always check for gcc attributes, * update install-sh. * fix parsing of result -u in vttests/halves.pl. * add a note in ctlseqs.ms about compatibility of TBC. * fix a copy/paste error in manual (patch by Grady Martin). * add null-pointer checks in x_strcasecmp and x_strncasecmp, to help with error-recovery for a missing font (Debian #1022942).
==== xz ==== Version update (5.2.7 -> 5.2.8) Subpackages: liblzma5 liblzma5-32bit xz-lang
- Update to 5.2.8: * xz: - If xz cannot remove an input file when it should, this is now treated as a warning (exit status 2) instead of an error (exit status 1). This matches GNU gzip and it is more logical as at that point the output file has already been successfully closed. - Fix handling of .xz files with an unsupported check type. Previously such printed a warning message but then xz behaved as if an error had occurred (didn't decompress, exit status 1). Now a warning is printed, decompression is done anyway, and exit status is 2. This used to work slightly before 5.0.0. In practice this bug matters only if xz has been built with some check types disabled. As instructed in PACKAGERS, such builds should be done in special situations only. - Fix "xz -dc --single-stream tests/files/good-0-empty.xz" which failed with "Internal error (bug)". That is, - -single-stream was broken if the first .xz stream in the input file didn't contain any uncompressed data. - Fix displaying file sizes in the progress indicator when working in passthru mode and there are multiple input files. Just like "gzip -cdf", "xz -cdf" works like "cat" when the input file isn't a supported compressed file format. In this case the file size counters weren't reset between files so with multiple input files the progress indicator displayed an incorrect (too large) value. * liblzma: - API docs in lzma/container.h: * Update the list of decoder flags in the decoder function docs. * Explain LZMA_CONCATENATED behavior with .lzma files in lzma_auto_decoder() docs. - OpenBSD: Use HW_NCPUONLINE to detect the number of available hardware threads in lzma_physmem(). - Fix use of wrong macro to detect x86 SSE2 support. __SSE2_MATH__ was used with GCC/Clang but the correct one is __SSE2__. The first one means that SSE2 is used for floating point math which is irrelevant here. The affected SSE2 code isn't used on x86-64 so this affects only 32-bit x86 builds that use -msse2 without -mfpmath=sse (there is no runtime detection for SSE2). It improves LZMA compression speed (not decompression). - Fix the build with Intel C compiler 2021 (ICC, not ICX) on Linux. It defines __GNUC__ to 10 but doesn't support the __symver__ attribute introduced in GCC 10. * Scripts: Ignore warnings from xz by using --quiet --no-warn. This is needed if the input .xz files use an unsupported check type. * Translations: - Updated Croatian and Turkish translations. - One new translations wasn't included because it needed technical fixes. It will be in upcoming 5.4.0. No new translations will be added to the 5.2.x branch anymore. - Renamed the French man page translation file from fr_FR.po to fr.po and thus also its install directory (like /usr/share/man/fr_FR -> .../fr). - Man page translations for upcoming 5.4.0 are now handled in the Translation Project. * Update doc/faq.txt a little so it's less out-of-date.