Hello, I am back again. :-)
All things below (exept for the Matrox/sax 2 problem) have been entererd
in Bugzilla. I will try to figure out a bit more before I do that.
I have just tried installing 10.1B1 a few times and these are some of my
remarks. Some very minor, some major.
1) makeSUSEdvd works. Good. :-)
2) Explanation of KDE and Gnome could be better. Now beginners could
become confused. Perhaps a line like "If in doubt select Gnome" could be
3) Keyboard selection is not very obvious. A beginner might be fearfull to
go to Expert mode, just so he can selct his Belgian keyboard. (I choose
Belgian, because it is not a language, so setting it through there won't
4) It would be nice to have some sound when the machine reboots. That way
you do not have to pay constand attention how far it is. Some people also
use just one monitor/keybord and this way they can still work on the other
5) Test connection (wich does not work, I know) tells me the connection
will be done via eth-is-00:... instead of just eth0. If I have more then
one card, this can become confusing. [medium]
6) When a user is made, the defaults to recieve system mail and auto login
should be reversed. This has been discussed before. [medium]
7) My Wintv-PVR card is nicely recognised, yet gives an error 'Cannot
start WinTC-PVR 350' [medium]
8) When I see the login for the first time, I am unable to do
[CTRL][ALT][F1] to get to CLI. [Major]
9) .vimrc would be nice to have as a default to have colours. [minor]
10) Root on a terminal would be nice to have a different color as text
(PS1 and such) [minor]
11) Although the system perfectly recognises my Matrox G550, it fails to
set the dualscreen correctly (or partially correctly). I will start
another thread about this, because more is going on.
"California is proud to be the home of the freeway."
-- Ronald Reagan
Show replies by date