Sorry for a delayed posting team!
All meeting minutes can be found here: https://etherpad.opensuse.org/p/ReleaseEngineering-meeting Meeting is hosted here htt All meeting minutes can be found here: https://etherpad.opensuse.org/p/ReleaseEngineering-meeting Meeting is hosted here https://meet.opensuse.org/ReleaseEngineeringMeeting
dleuenberger,guillaumeg, rbrown, lkocman, DocB, dirk, Pavel, maxlin
armv7 tasks are still missing in Release Checklist for Leap 15.4 https://github.com/openSUSE/openSUSE-release-process/blob/master/Alpha.md
These should be here. Otherwise Lubos will update redmine.
https://code.opensuse.org/leap/features/issue/22 Approached cisco with guidance on offering OpenH264 to Leap users created a support case with Cisco Licensing department. Created a ticket with Cisco customer support. TAC/Licesing team closed my original ticket. Fraunhofer institute: will not provide license consulting or so.
15.3 Quarterly update setup, https://build.opensuse.org/project/show/openSUSE:Leap:15.3:Update:Respin Test the publishing for Leap 15.3 QU1 today/tomorrow. Axel: should we be conserned about the red results of the openQA test results?
Rough schedule of QUs SLE 15 SP3 QU1 Sep/Oct 2021 SLE 15 SP3 QU2 Dec/Jan 2022 SLE 15 SP3 QU3 March/April 2022
Marcus: for 15.4 Maint team noticed that SLES 15 SP4 we plan to remove python2 https://code.opensuse.org/leap/features/issue/15
Leap 15.4 needs to filter out python2 modules in order to not inherit them in 15.4 GA.
## openSUSE Tumbleweed
* LLVM 13 is used to build in Tumbleweed, LLVM12 still available (some hardcoded consumers) * Plasma 5.23 is in Staging:K: Upstream release scheduled for Oct 14; we will try to check in today, aiming for test/publish by tomorrow * rpm 4.17 has been submitted, Staging:C - a few packaging bugs fixed/reported, more to come
Request for openSUSE Leap 42.X migration testing removal https://progress.opensuse.org/issues/89263#change-408601
## Richard (Kubic/TW MicroOS)
working on a tool to convert existing Tumbleweed (and maybe also Leap) systems to MicroOS and/or MicroOS Desktop still pushing upstream to more consistantly use /usr for configs new MicroOS Desktop website WIP, fixed microos.opensuse.org and kubic.opensuse.org to have a better synced blog
* Regarding to respin: all should be done, publishing was done by Adrian. We just need to test the publish part. * Regarding openQA the results are almost the same as 15.3 GA(you can check build 13.4). Seems like we have some problem on powerpc, not sure if it's openQA. https://openqa.opensuse.org/group_overview/88
Lubos: we could ask Hector Oron. He could help us drive ppc64le issues.
* 15.4: some build failures we need to find owners (cilium, enovy, protoc, etc.) * SLE_VERSION macro backported to 15.4 and 15.3 Respin. * 15.4 is already in OBS/distributions * opensuse-welcome didn't display on GNOME bsc#1190288 * lightdm fails to start bsc#1190289 * Somewhat https://doc.opensuse.org/release-notes/x86_64/openSUSE/Leap/15.3/release.not... is missing, switch to Tumbleweed's release-notes.rpm for the time being in Leap's medium, otherwise the shortcut setup in installer will be changed then broke openQA testing lkocman: I'll check on this with docs team, also for 15.4
## Guillaume - Arm
Tumbleweed: * Sporadic BTRFS bug is back with kernel 5.14: http://bugzilla.opensuse.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1160604
Leap 15.4: * covered in Leap section above
WSL: Stalled: WIP to have WSL on aarch64 on https://build.opensuse.org/project /show/home:Guillaume_G:WSL todo: lkocman to write a blog post how Update: the feature for staticurl offering was passed to Michal Svec. firstboot-wizzard from imported tar.xz archive would not be executed. We have to do some research what would be fine from UX perspective.
## Sarah - s390x
* Successful participation at the hackathon of the Open Source Day as part of the Grace Hopper Celebration (25 mentees) SRs ongoing * cooperation with the Open Mainframe Project with a working group for better IBM support planned
* openSUSE Tumbleweed tests are failing because a LLVM issue (race condition) in the build of PostgreSQL11 and Rust: https://bugzilla.opensuse.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1190740
* Marketing material sent to US * openSUSE Conference (looking at ZBau and dates - June 2 -4) Physical! * Survey.o.o.
* packagers and maintainers 133 partial, 58 full, total 191
* rust 482 partial, 878 full, total 1360
* FOSDEM scheduled for Feb. 5 - 6. "format is yet to be decided." * software.o.o workshop scheduled for Nov. 12 from 10:00 to 14:00 (09:00 to 13:00 UTC) * Where to put VMDP git namespace or download.o.o.
No update to share
## Gerald, DocB
Do we have a landing page or something for users to check for major known issues before upgrading Tumbleweed? Follow-up: Was there a sub- group planning to have a look or did I misunderstand? DocB: recommendation is to subscribe to firstname.lastname@example.org Otherwise it sounds like a good idea, the question would be who maintains it.
https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Release_team does not appear fully up- to-date? - Members are now down to four, after Lubos' tabula rasa last week. :-o
- Only references to Factory as the distribution? How about Leap? MicroOS? ...
We started to refer a lot to the wiki / distributions page, which should contain all distributions under openSUSE project wings. Please make sure that yours is referenced there as well.
## Wolfgang (Package Hub), Scott Bahling
lkocman: Thanks to Scott for help with CISCO.
## Maintenance team (Marina or Marcus)
@Lubos: Marina: I'm here but Jitsi doens't work properly and I can't join the call. No other updates from my side.
Display status of SLES updates to community ( https://code.opensuse.org/leap/features/issue/30). Marina: no updates on this. busy with maintenance tasks
sle_version 15.3 was staged as a separate update for opensuse-leap- release package. Max will backport this for 15.4 (todo will check) Quite a backlog, since the source review was not working. Release of a big chromium update. (aarch64 builds take more than single day).
Please fork yast2-theme in Leap 15.4, marcus prepared an update for yast2-theme in 15.3 Update, to be released today if possible. https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1190478
Dirk: do we completely remove python2 even from buildroot or do we just stop publishing. lkocman: will ask Stefan W. -> Frederic who currently own the removal on the SLE side.
## Adrian - CtLG or openSUSE Step
I did two changes to the respin: I did change the release counter on the respin, and renamed the image. Please give me heads up prior releasing the image. In theory it's done.
Max: we're just not respinning the ftp-tree but isos as well. Adrian: we want to use a new name even when the old images will be trashed. we're currently using -2 for the ftp-tree we will want to check the repodata. For the ftp-tree you will want to check the repodata. We obviously can't change the location.
Cleanup of alpha phase would be a nice way how to start with Leap https://progress.opensuse.org/projects/opensuse-leap-15-4/issues/gantt