All meeting minutes can be found here:
Meeting is hosted here
bittin, ddemaio, dleuenberger, maxlin, sarah, lkocman, wengel,
Limited availability this week.
Audacity - we probably want to make a statement and list some facts
about audacity in openSUSE vs the one from provider regarding
Almost done with https://en.opensuse.org/Portal:15.3/Retrospective
SUSE's Internal retro summary will be today
TODO: 15.3 - Selinux won't boot without selinux policy
I have to look into this seems linux SLEs disabled feature in skelcd-
control files. We will most likely have to supply the policy, but that
will only work with enabled updates. (Release notes entry needed).
All request from https://en.opensuse.org/Feature_Planning_15.4
moved into https://code.opensuse.org/leap/featuresTODO
: Do we we want
to open an early feature for some easy "Multimedia codecs offer" on
the first boot/welcome screen? We would have to invite legal from the
Looking for review of
tasks in progress-o-o (separate email)
No interest from community so far, I'll try to get it done this week.
## openSUSE Tumbleweed
* kernel 5.13 is in Tumbleweed, VirtualBox does not work (
* KDE Gear 21.04.3 published, KDE Frameworks 5.84 on the todo
## Richard (Kubic/TW MicroOS)
* Podman 3.2.2 in TW
* runc 1.0.0 issues solved
* Drop of cilium is WIP, depending on Staging:E
* System Roles for MicroOS with remote attestation (keylime) now in TW
- Testing appreciated
* Introduced new 'k3s' images providing base MicroOS with k3s pre-
installed, as expected also for SLE Micro 5.1
- currently untested, openQA enablement ongoing, community feedback
positive so far
* Enabled pkglistgen and update-repos bot for openSUSE:Leap:15.4
* 'local' repository seem to be mis-configurated for openSUSE:Leap:15.4
Adrian should be able to fix this. We'll talk to him.
* Switched to use pool-leap-15.4 everywhere
Submission related: Marco Strigl is now working on fixes for osc
jumpreview (OBS SR's were not updated) and we were unable to do 15-
SP3:Update requests (it ended mostly in openSUSE:Maintenance)
Action item from previous meeting:
Adrian: can we use FrontRunner instead of SLECandidates? There seems to
be an overlap
Marcus: Does this apply also to SLE? We're talking of 3-4 thousand of
Max: we're aware that this wastes currently infra resources. In order
to catch build failures, we've had to change so many items in the
project config (e.g. suse_version macro etc.) and meta pacakge
version(eg. gcc -> gcc10, ruby -> ruby2.7, etc.), plus in roder to have
Factory's version to be buildable, more new dependencies has been
added, that it might not be applicable for Frontrunner any more.
lkocman: perhaps talk to Adrian or Dirk about what hinders us from
lkocman: schedule meeting for this week. Adrian is on FTO next week,
lkocman in two weeks from now.
## Guillaume - Arm
Not available, updates below.
* 20210710 released with kernel 5.13
* 20210712 is in QA but JeOS image started in qemu is unable to run
jeos-firstboot on gfx tty (it appears on serial instead)
* Still not able to build locally (osc build --vm-type=kvm) for
aarch64 with a Tumbleweed host.
* Armv7: Should be good enough to release. Need to check with
maintenance if we can proceed.
WSL: Stalled: WIP to have WSL on aarch64 on
is to have WSL-DistroLauncher package built for aarch64. Help welcomed.
lkocman contacted Andreas about this feature to clarify on priority for
lkocman to document how to get Arm WSL images working on Windows for
ARM (10/11) as a starting point otherwise request doesn't really have
internal priority, so we can't expect WSL engineering to work on this
in 15-SP4 timeframe.
## Sarah - s390x
Dominique: Issues around openssh and the root can't login (no longer
accepted root passwd auth by default) are still hanging. (Issue was
reported internally for SLE-15-SP4 as well for proper
handling/communication on SUSE side).
Test issue continuously open - workaround fix as PR available (not
sshd permit root login -
Feedback by IBM about LLVM 12 compatibilty with PostgreSQL: The jit
issue can not be fixed by LLVM without loosing performance. Fixes by
PostgreSQL should be used.
* openSUSE.Asia Summit (August 6th- 8th)
* CfP is closed
* 16 submission
* Keynote from board TBD
* GSoC 1st evalutions due on July 16
* Regular Meeting
* Proposal sent -
* Date: Every Saturday from 17:00 to 19:00 UTC (per the survey)
* Proposal to enhance software.o.o. sent to LSG based on feedback from
* Beginning bi-monthly effort to better the end of year survey based on
feedback/identified shortcomings (19:00 UTC at
## Wolfgang (Package Hub), Scott Bahling
openSUSE:Backports:SLE-15-SP4, builds for x86_64 are looking good
(thanks to Max)
other archs like s390x still have many failed and unresolvables
discussion about gap https://software.opensuse.org/package/gap
to build on s390x), shall we keep it in Backports (it was removed from
Factory long time ago)
## Maintenance team (Marina or Marcus)
Marina: from maintenance side we have the needed changes for supporting
the openSUSE channel in the current sprint. there are further
discussions also with QA for defining testing commitment and openQA
coverage for this new openSUSE channel and submitted maintenance
Marcus is driving the effort to switch to the new channel file for
populating the repo.
Next week we will have an internal sync call for discussing how to
improve the flow of updates on PackageHub.
Extra tasks for maintenance setup
lkocman: we should do an announcement about these changes as a "long
term" solution for the patch issues.
## Adrian - CtLG or openSUSE Step
All covered in comments above.
Adrian: I had to fix issues in product builder so we won't end up in
situation where srpm is missing. We've had this issue by glibc (this
would otherwise violate GPL). This would be another reason to rebuild
How do we reference to CODE 15. 15.3 was the result of our survey.