All meeting minutes can be found here:
dleuenberger, lkocman, GuillaumeG, MichelN; Dirk, Doug, Ludwig,
Lubos will be on vacation July 18 - August 2nd
Next round of openSUSE Leap 15.2 retrospective is done over
. Poll is already available and to be adverised.
Request tracker: https://progress.opensuse.org/issues/68681
thanks to Lars!
We want to collect feedback as soon as possible. Meetings to review
that feedback can happen later on.
Leap 15.3 setup ... can we do something already or all blocked on Jump?
E.g. backports for 15.3 would be a big help already.
First partner asking for support of migrating SLE to openSUSE Leap 15.2
meeting minutes are here
Leap s390x being a big thing ... when can we have first images, and are
there any technical difficulties since we do not have s390x metal
outside company VPN?
Adrian: should we really use partners or is it more likely customers
Adrian: we have some hardware outside of the company in OBS, but low
build power. So it's currently disabled.
Lubos to communicate the delay of 15.3 setup. Adrian is recommending to
announce an intermediate switch to Jump and we'll proceed from there.
Lubos: to check with Ihno and others regarding s390x rel-eng
responsibilities for openSUSE Leap and long-term maintenance of the
s390x effort. We seem to have some existing s390x issues on the openQA
side as well.
Right now we have to deal with 3 different GPG keys and one master key
(The one in Jump).
Who is empowered to define it?
Dirk: Having an agreement on how to do things is more important than
who has access.
Adrian: Who can do it needs to be handled as well. Both are needed.
## openSUSE Tumbleweed
* Things are looking ok again. Over the weekend we had to stop rolling
as there were some openQA issues (test breakage, then video encoder
issues). The team fixed them over the weekend and then TW could resume.
* One of the upcoming snapshots will rename the 'python3' package to
'python38', allowing for parallel installs of upcoming python 3.9
* Leap 15.2 Boxes Coming
* Some marketing material held over from facility close down arrived
* QtCon Brasil Online sponsorships
* openSUSE + LibreOffice Conference Meeting
* CfP deadline is July 21
* openSUSE distribution architecture policy discussion
* not a lot of focus on openSUSE in the last week
## Guillaume - Arm
* Still a bug with GNOME X11 and Virtio (not specific to Arm):
Permissions for Jump project and build key, maintainership permissions.
This needs to be clarified. This needs to be discussed with openSUSE
board as well.
Dirk: we've workarounded it over a middle man (Dirk).
Lubos to schedule a dedicated meeting.
Jump: Max created :ToTest project for Jump. It will require same
version number in between FTP build and DVD build once ttm bot and obs-
trigger-from-obs script enabled. FTP tree still build is still
Added release-compare package to the project config in order to enable
s390x: Max did not disabled s390x build entirely, only the product
How to handle lost pattern packages (not specific to a single arch).
patters-base is a nice example.
Summary: Do we want to have a current patterns selection from Leap, or
do we want to be like SLE. And where to get/build patterns packages.
## Adrian - Jump
Fixed the signing key for repodata. So Jump images are now install-
Tried to workaround ftp-tree problem, but we just need to wait.
New SSDs are being ordered. This has been escalated.
Jump is blocked.
^ Max will enable only x86_64
PowerPC openQA TW new few failures pending investigation
## Overview of Commmunity SLE Feature Requests (See details in
(This section will be newly part of ReleaseEngineering meeting minutes)
* Add python 3.8 support (PM-1482) - New awaiting PM evaluation
- Originally requested for Blender but, now it seems like people
generally ask for 3.8 to be available.
- Notified PM that this topic is getting attention
- Packaging team is working on py38 39 etc via koinstall
* Please update glibc to 2.29 or newer (PM-2030) Pending ECO approval
- Originally reported as
- Deferred to the next release, can't be done as a maintenance
* Update Apparmor to 2.13.4 (PM-1983)
- ECO pending approval
- Pinged maintainer whether bsc#1172040 respective o.o equivalent
boo#1171315 can't be used as an input for the maintenance update
* python-mailman 3.3.1 update requires update of python-
importlib_resources, python-zope.interface (PM-1954)
- SR done against different SP then the ECO was approved for.
- Next step send SR against SLE-15:Update
* lqxt-build-tools update to 0.7.0 (PM-1914) - TPM evaluation Done
- Deferred to SP3
* add authselect for managing auth stack configuration (PM-1881) -
Pending PM Evaluation
- Aiming for 15 SP3
- PM generally likes the idea, we're looking for a feedback from
Security team. Security team wants to hear feedback from Architect as
there seems to be an overlap with pam-config.
- Thorsten (Architect) mentioned that we'll have to find resources
for pam-config modification as he doesn't have time for it. Any help
from community side would be appreciated!
* Update libcdio required by python-pycdio 2.1.0 and whipper (PM-1801)
- Next release
- Will be deferred to the next release (15 SP3) as it does not
qualify as a SLE 15 SP2 RC phase request. Change requires rebuild of
underlying dependencies. Namely: cdio-utils.spec, ffmpeg.spec,
gstreamer-plugins-ugly.spec, gvfs.spec, libcddb.spec, libcdio,
paranoia.spec, libcdio.spec, vcdimager.spec