Please note that this mail was generated by a script. The described changes are computed based on the x86_64 DVD. The full online repo contains too many changes to be listed here.
Please check the known defects of this snapshot before upgrading: https://openqa.opensuse.org/tests/overview?distri=opensuse&groupid=1&...
When you reply to report some issues, make sure to change the subject. It is not helpful to keep the release announcement subject in a thread while discussing a specific problem.
Packages changed: MozillaFirefox apparmor clamav (0.99.4 -> 0.100.0) fcitx-qt5 gcc8 (8.0.1+r259467 -> 8.0.1+r259636) openldap2 python3 python3-base
=== Details ===
==== MozillaFirefox ==== Subpackages: MozillaFirefox-translations-common
- Add 0001-Bug-1435695-WebRTC-fails-to-build-with-GCC-8-r-dmino.patch in order to fix boo#1090362. - Add back mozilla-enable-csd.patch: New rebased version from Fedora for version 59.0.x.
==== apparmor ==== Subpackages: apparmor-abstractions apparmor-docs apparmor-parser apparmor-parser-lang apparmor-profiles apparmor-utils apparmor-utils-lang pam_apparmor pam_apparmor-32bit perl-apparmor python3-apparmor
- exclude the /etc/apparmor.d/cache.d/ directory from aa-logprof parsing (logprof-skip-cache-d.diff)
==== clamav ==== Version update (0.99.4 -> 0.100.0) Subpackages: libclamav7
- Update to version 0.100.0 (bsc#1089502): * Add interfaces to the Prelude SIEM open source package for collecting ClamAV virus events. * Support libmspack internal code or as a shared object library. The internal library is the default and includes modifications to enable parsing of CAB files that do not entirely adhere to the CAB file format. * Link with OpenSSL 1.1.0. * Deprecate of the AllowSupplementaryGroups parameter statement in clamd, clamav-milter, and freshclam. Use of supplementary is now in effect by default. * Deprecate internal LLVM code support. * Compute and check PE import table hash (a.k.a. "imphash") signatures. * Support file property collection and analysis for MHTML files. * Raw scanning of PostScript files. * Fix clamsubmit to use the new virus and false positive submission web interface. * Optionally, flag files with the virus "Heuristic.Limits.Exceeded" when size limitations are exceeded. * Improved decoders for PDF files. * Reduced number of compile time warnings. * Improved support for C++11. * Improved detection of system installed libraries. * Fixes to ClamAV's Container system and the introduction of Intermediates for more descriptive signatures. * Improvements to clamd's On-Access scanning capabilities for Linux. * Obsoletes clamav-fix_newer_zlib.patch - Update key ring and add signature file. - Turn off LLVM for now, because the bundled copy is deprecated, the versions we have are too new and the performance gain over the byte code interpreter are negligable, according to upstream. - Move pkgconfig stuff from main to devel package. - Re-introduce removed options as deprecated, so that clamd and freshclam don't exit on startup with an old config file (clamav-obsolete-config.patch). - Put libclammspack0 into its own subpackage to follow the letter of the shlib packaging policy, even though it really makes no sense here.
==== fcitx-qt5 ====
- Add upstream patch fix-compilation-with-qt-5.11.patch: * Fix compilation with Qt 5.11 (missing include)
==== gcc8 ==== Version update (8.0.1+r259467 -> 8.0.1+r259636) Subpackages: libatomic1 libgcc_s1 libgcc_s1-32bit libgomp1 libitm1 liblsan0 libmpx2 libmpxwrappers2 libobjc4 libquadmath0 libstdc++6 libstdc++6-32bit libtsan0
- Update to gcc-8-branch head (r259636). * GCC 8.1 first release candidate. * package x86_64 movdirintrin.h
==== openldap2 ==== Subpackages: libldap-2_4-2 libldap-2_4-2-32bit libldap-data openldap2-client openldap2-devel
- bsc#1085064 Packaging issues have been discovered around the openldap_update_modules_path.sh which has been corrected: - the spec file was wrongly configured, therefore the script has never been called - the script should create the symlinks first, as slapcat is useless on a system which is already affected.
==== python3 ==== Subpackages: python3-curses python3-dbm python3-tk
- As we run in main python package do not generate the pre_checkin from both now - Move the tests from base to generic package wrt bsc#1088573 * We still fail the whole distro if python3 is not build * The other archs than x86_64 took couple of hours to unblock build of other software, this way we work around the issue
==== python3-base ==== Subpackages: libpython3_6m1_0
- Do not mention the testsuite disabling in opts as it was moved to main pkg so base is test-free - As we run in main python package do not generate the pre_checkin from both now - Move the tests from base to generic package wrt bsc#1088573 * We still fail the whole distro if python3 is not build * The other archs than x86_64 took couple of hours to unblock build of other software, this way we work around the issue - Some tests are still run in -base for the LTO tweaking, but at least it is not run twice