Please note that this mail was generated by a script.
The described changes are computed based on the x86_64 DVD.
The full online repo contains too many changes to be listed here.
Please check the known defects of this snapshot before upgrading:
When you reply to report some issues, make sure to change the subject.
It is not helpful to keep the release announcement subject in a thread
while discussing a specific problem.
libidn2 (2.0.2 -> 2.0.3)
libinput (1.7.3 -> 1.8.1)
libpsl (0.17.0 -> 0.18.0)
mutt (1.8.2 -> 1.8.3)
perl-Module-Runtime (0.014 -> 0.015)
perl-Parse-Yapp (1.2 -> 1.21)
wine (2.13 -> 2.14)
yast2-apparmor (3.2.1 -> 3.3.0)
=== Details ===
==== audit ====
Subpackages: audit-devel libaudit1 libaudit1-32bit libauparse0
- Rectify RPM groups, diversify descriptions.
- Remove mentions of static libraries because they are not built.
==== audit-secondary ====
- Rectify RPM groups, diversify descriptions.
- Remove mentions of static libraries because they are not built.
==== grub2 ====
Subpackages: grub2-i386-pc grub2-snapper-plugin grub2-systemd-sleep-plugin
- Make grub2.info build reproducible (boo#1047218)
==== ibus ====
Subpackages: ibus-branding-openSUSE-KDE ibus-gtk ibus-gtk-32bit ibus-gtk3 libibus-1_0-5
libibus-1_0-5-32bit python-ibus typelib-1_0-IBus-1_0
- Fix boo#1047912: ibus-setup crashes on Tumbleweed
* fix missing dependency on python?-gobject-Gdk
==== libidn2 ====
Version update (2.0.2 -> 2.0.3)
Subpackages: libidn2-0 libidn2-0-32bit
- update to 2.0.3:
* %IDN2_USE_STD3_ASCII_RULES disabled by default.
Previously libidn2 was eliminating non-STD3 characters from
domain strings such as _443._tcp.example.com
, or IPs such as
22.214.171.124/24 provided to libidn2 functions. That was an
unexpected regression for applications switching from libidn
and thus it is no longer applied by default.
Use %IDN2_USE_STD3_ASCII_RULES to enable that behavior again.
- disable documentation, does not build correctly
==== libinput ====
Version update (1.7.3 -> 1.8.1)
Subpackages: libinput-udev libinput10
- Update to version 1.8.1:
* This release includes a build fix for the meson build (together
with better meson instructions).
* The palm edge zone is slightly increased from 5% to 8% to avoid
accidental palm touches in the edges. On most modern touchpads
that works out to be a 5mm to 8mm increase.
* The second one is a straightforward bugfix: if the keyboard was
removed while disable-while-typing was active, the touchpad
would never turn on again.
- Update to version 1.8.0:
* libinput debug-gui is now installed by default unless disabled.
* The biggest change in this release is that libinput has
switched to meson as primary build system.
* The second big change that is user-visible is that we have
switched to a git-like approach to handling the helper tools
for libinput. The previously installed tools of
libinput-debug-events and libinput-list-devices are now
"libinput debug-events" and "libinput list-devices",
respectively. For the 1.8.x releases compat-wrappers are in
* Tablet stylus events now average across multiple events to stop
the wobbly lines previously produced by libinput.
* On touchpads that provide MT_TOOL_PALM, i.e.
in-kernel/in-firmware palm detection we now honor that bit and
treat that touch as palm.
* Tapping has seen some fixes for previously broken timestamps in
the multi-tap use-cases.
* The lid switch handling now uses a udev property to tell us
whether a keyboard is external or internal. Together with some
improved state tracking it should make the lid switch handling
more reliable on devices where the lid switch is broken. The
property is also used for disable-while-typing which makes it
easier to special-case hardware.
- Switch buildsystem to meson following upstream changes.
- Following the above, add meson BuildRequires.
- Add graphviz, pkgconfig(cairo), pkgconfig(glib-2.0) and
pkgconfig(gtk+-3.0) BuildRequires, new dependencies (for
- Pass tests=false to meson, not possible to run on the obs.
- Following the above, drop pkgconfig(check) BuildRequires, no
- Drop xz BuildRequires: Not needed for any current openSUSE
- Drop autoconf, automake and libtool #git BuildRequires, no longer
needed when building with meson.
- Add libinput-rpmlintrc, silence erronus rpmlint warnings.
==== libpsl ====
Version update (0.17.0 -> 0.18.0)
- update to 0.18.0:
* Fix order of files in psl_latest()
* Add fuzzing architecture
* Fix memleak in _psl_is_public_suffix()
* Add configure option --enable-asan (Address sanitizer)
* Add configure option --enable-usan (Undefined sanitizer)
* Add configure option --enable-cfi (Control Flow Integrity)
* Fix finding libidn2 for static builds
* Fix use of uninitialized stack value
* Fix buffer overflow in libicu build
* Use libidn2 as default for builds (former libicu)
* Add pkg-config support for libidn and libidn2
==== libqt5-qtbase ====
Subpackages: libQt5Concurrent-devel libQt5Concurrent5 libQt5Core-devel
libQt5Core-private-headers-devel libQt5Core5 libQt5DBus-devel libQt5DBus5 libQt5Gui-devel
libQt5Gui-private-headers-devel libQt5Gui5 libQt5Network-devel libQt5Network5
libQt5OpenGL-devel libQt5OpenGL5 libQt5PlatformHeaders-devel libQt5PrintSupport-devel
libQt5PrintSupport5 libQt5Sql-devel libQt5Sql5 libQt5Sql5-mysql libQt5Sql5-postgresql
libQt5Sql5-sqlite libQt5Sql5-unixODBC libQt5Test-devel libQt5Test5 libQt5Widgets-devel
libQt5Widgets5 libQt5Xml-devel libQt5Xml5 libqt5-qtbase-common-devel libqt5-qtbase-devel
- Remove openSUSE specific %ifs (bsc#1051900)
- Add patch to not abort if no $DISPLAY is available (boo#1050046)
- Add patch to fix include path for private headers of modules
built in a shadow directory (QTBUG-37417)
==== mpfr ====
Subpackages: libmpfr4 mpfr-devel
- Add mpfr-3.1.5-p9.patch with cummulative patches to patchlevel p9,
==== mutt ====
Version update (1.8.2 -> 1.8.3)
Subpackages: mutt-doc mutt-lang
- If built with gnutls, set ssl_ca_certificates_file to avoid
warning about "server cert signed using an insecure algorithm"
- Add buildconditional for openssl/gnutls
Disable gnutls, there can be only one of them and openssl was used
- Use pkgconfig to refer to openssl/gnutls
- Remove uneeded builddeps and recommends for smtp_daemon by
specifying the path to sendmail
- Remove uneeded builddep for ispell by specifying the path to it
- Update doc builddeps: add opensp, libxslt-tools, w3m
- Remove unneeded builddeps: fdupes,glibc-i18ndata,libassuan,
- Wrap desktop files handing in suse_version
- Remove included krb5-config, the copy in the devel pkg is good enough
- Use configure macro for ordinary autoconf result
- Build manual.txt with w3m to properly dump tables
- Move Requires perl-Expect to doc pkg, make it a Recommends
- Consistent suse_version for shared-mime-info usage
- Unconditional libgpgme usage
- Unconditional autoreconf
- Update to neomutt 20170609 which updates to mutt 1.8.3
+ Warn on bindkey aliasing
+ Drop PATCHES, tidy 'mutt -v' output
+ Add %z format strings to index_format
+ Add debug_level/debug_file options
+ Fix nntp group selection
+ Fix status color
+ Tidy up S/MIME contrib
+ Do not try to create Maildir if it is an NNTP URI
+ Fix missing NONULL for mutt.set() in Lua
+ Fix German PGP shortkeys
+ Remove feature muttrc files
+ Merge README.notmuch into manual
+ Remove unneded scripts
+ Remove README.SECURITY
+ Remove BEWARE and devel-notes.txt
+ Update Makefiles
+ Delete TODO files
+ Remove legacy files
+ Don't generate vim-neomutt syntax file
+ Remove LaTeX/pdf manual generation
+ Add missing docs for expandos
+ Fix sidebar howto examples
+ Remove some upstream references
+ Drop refs to patches
+ Improve PR template and CONTRIBUTING.md
+ Fix list items in newbie-tutorial's Mailing List Guidelines
+ Remove configure options that no longer exist
+ fix newbie tutorial
+ document signing tags / releases
+ config: drop unused paginate command
+ script: split tests up into several
+ convert credits page to markdown
+ simpify 404 page
+ improve newbie tutorial
+ remove help.html and integrate its content elsewhere
+ make: "graphviz" program is needed for generating diagram
+ improve getting started guide // include legacy files
+ dev: add list of architectures/operating systems
+ numerous small fixes
+ Remove typedefs and rename ~130 structs
+ Add separate hcache dir
+ Move crypto files to ncrypt dir
+ Split up mutt.h, protos.h
+ Always build: sidebar, imap, pop, smtp, compressed, nntp
+ Remove --enable-mailtool configure option
+ Make dotlock optional
+ Change gpgme requirement back to 1.1.0
+ Remove check_sec.sh
+ Fix safe_calloc args
+ Remove unused macros
+ Remove unused option: SmimeSignOpaqueCommand
+ Move configure-generated files
+ Update distcheck build flags
+ Drop obsolete iconv check
+ Unused prototypes - unsupported systems
+ Drop many configure tests for things defined in POSIX:2001
+ Kill useless crypthash.h file
+ Run clang-format on the code
+ Fail early if ncursesw cannot be found
+ Add names prototype arguments
+ Abbreviate pointer tests against NULL
+ Initialise pointers to NULL
+ Reduce the scope of for loop variables
+ Coverity: fix defects
+ Convert all exec calls to use mutt_envlist(), remove setenv function
+ Note that mbox-hooks are dependent on $move
+ Refresh header color when updating label
+ Remove glibc-specific execvpe() call in sendlib.c
+ Add color commands for the compose menu headers and security status
+ Fix sidebar count updates when closing mailbox
+ Don't modify LastFolder/CurrentFolder upon aborting a change folder operation
+ Change message modifying operations to additively set redraw flags
+ Improve maildir and mh to report flag changes in mx_check_mailbox()
+ Add $header_color_partial to allow partial coloring of headers
+ Rename REDRAW_SIGWINCH to REDRAW_FLOW
+ Create R_PAGER_FLOW config variable flag
+ Turn IMAP_EXPUNGE_EXPECTED back off when syncing
+ Add $history_remove_dups option to remove dups from history ring
+ Also remove duplicates from the history file
+ Don't filter new entries when compacting history save file
+ Move the IMAP msn field to IMAP_HEADER_DATA
+ Fix imap expunge to match msn and fix index
+ Fix cmd_parse_fetch() to match against MSN
+ Start fixing imap_read_headers() to account for MSN gaps
+ Add msn_index and max_msn to find and check boundaries by MSN
+ Properly adjust fetch ranges when handling new mail
+ Small imap fetch fixes
+ Don't abort header cache evaluation when there is a hole
+ Fix mfc overflow check and uninitialized variable
+ Fix potential segv if mx_open_mailbox is passed an empty string
+ Don't clean up idata when closing an open-append mailbox
+ Don't clean up msn idata when closing an open-append mailbox
+ Fix memory leak when closing mailbox and using the sidebar
+ Change imap body cache cleanup to use the uid_hash
+ Convert classic s/mime to space delimit findKeys output
+ Add self-encrypt options for PGP and S/MIME
+ Change $postpone_encrypt to use self-encrypt variables first
+ Automatic post-release commit for mutt-1.8.3
+ Add note about message scoring and thread patterns
+ unbind mappings before overwriting in vim-keys
+ latest coverity issues (#624)
+ don't pass colour-codes to filters
+ Don't set a colour unless it's been defined.
+ crash if no from is set or founds
+ ifdef command
+ fix translations
+ fix some remaining translation problems
+ explain binding warnings
+ don't document unsupported arches
+ fix make git_ver.h
+ allow xsltproc and w3m calls to fail
+ fix make dist
+ Add a mutt_endwin() before invoking $sendmail
+ Restore setenv function
+ Fix tag-prefix to not abort on $timeout
+ Change km_dokey() to return -2 on a timeout/sigwinch
+ Enable TEXTDOMAINDIR override to make translation testing easier
+ Fix "format string is not a string literal" warnings
- Modifyed and ported patches
- Delete patch mutt-1.8.2-from4crypt.diff now upstream
- Renamed patch mutt-1.8.2.dif which becomes mutt-1.8.3.dif
==== ncurses ====
Subpackages: libncurses6 libncurses6-32bit ncurses-devel ncurses-utils tack terminfo
- Add ncurses patch 20170722
+ improve test-packages for ncurses-examples and AdaCurses for lintian
+ modify logic for endwin-state to be able to detect the case where
the screen was never initialized, using that to trigger a flush of
ncurses' buffer for mvcur, e.g., in test/dots_mvcur.c for the
+ add dependency upon ncurses_cfg.h to a few other internal header
files to allow each to be compiled separately.
+ add dependency upon ncurses_cfg.h to tic's header-files; any program
using tic-library will have to supply this file. Legacy tack
versions supply this file; ongoing tack development has dropped the
dependency upon tic-library and new releases will not be affected.
- Fix build by removing workaround in patch ncurses-5.7-tack.dif
which was required since patch 20170415 but had become obsolete
with patch 20170715
- Add ncurses patch 20170715
+ modify command-line parameters for "convert" used in picsmap to work
with ImageMagick 6.8 and newer.
+ fix build-problem with tack and ABI-5 (Debian #868328).
+ repair termcap-format from tic/infocmp broken in 20170701 fixes
+ reformat terminfo.src with 20170513 updates.
+ improve test-packages to address lintian warnings.
==== perl-Module-Runtime ====
Version update (0.014 -> 0.015)
- updated to 0.015
version 0.015; 2017-07-16
* update test suite to not rely on . in @INC, which is no longer
necessarily there from Perl 5.25.7
* in documentation, warn about the security problem with
* declare correct version for Test::More dependency
* generate "traditional" style of compatibility Makefile.PL, to
permit building in environments that don't support Build.PL or
==== perl-Parse-Yapp ====
Version update (1.2 -> 1.21)
- updated to 1.21
1.21 Fri Aug 04 2017
- Typo Fixes, POD Spelling (thanks to Gregor Herrmann)
- Bug Fix, Missing POD Encoding (thanks to Gregor Herrmann)
==== quilt ====
- Correct fold -R helptext in german locale with quilt-translations.patch
==== tcsh ====
- Add patch tcsh-6.20.00-avoid-dotlock-for-fcntl.patch as we are
using fcntl's F_SETLKW patches for locking therefore avoid dot
file locking without holding a file descriptor as otherwise we
migth not be able to open the history file after a crash or if
a killall had been used during reboot.
- Add patch tcsh-closem.patch to fix a long standing misbehaviour
of upstram tcsh whic his that it close sockets which do not
belong to it (bsc#1028864)
==== tigervnc ====
* Fix certificate handling in the java client. (bnc#1041847)
- Refresh u_tigervnc-add-autoaccept-parameter.patch and apply it
- Make sure CN in generated certificate doesn't exceed 64
- Change with-vnc-key.sh to generate TLS certificate using current
==== wine ====
Version update (2.13 -> 2.14)
- Update to 2.14 development snapshot
- Mono engine updated with some bug fixes.
- C++ calling convention workarounds in the IDL compiler.
- Z-order support in the Android graphics driver.
- Scalable mouse cursors on macOS.
- Various bug fixes.
- updated winetricks
==== yast2-apparmor ====
Version update (3.2.1 -> 3.3.0)
- fix 'Toggle Mode' bug for non-English locale (bsc#1043546)
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse-factory+unsubscribe(a)opensuse.org
To contact the owner, e-mail: opensuse-factory+owner(a)opensuse.org