Please note that this mail was generated by a script.
The described changes are computed based on the x86_64 DVD.
The full online repo contains too many changes to be listed here.
Please check the known defects of this snapshot before upgrading:
When you reply to report some issues, make sure to change the subject.
It is not helpful to keep the release announcement subject in a thread
while discussing a specific problem.
aaa_base (13.2+git20160915.106a00d -> 13.2+git20170308.c0ecf2e)
emacs (25.1 -> 25.2)
flatpak (0.8.4 -> 0.9.1)
gnome-documents (3.23.91 -> 3.24.0)
gnome-themes-standard (3.22.2 -> 3.22.3)
kernel-source (4.10.4 -> 4.10.5)
krb5 (1.15 -> 1.15.1)
libsmbios (2.3.0 -> 2.3.2)
numactl (2.0.10 -> 2.0.11)
rubygem-cfa (0.4.2 -> 0.6.0)
rubygem-cfa_grub2 (0.5.3 -> 0.6.0)
vte (0.48.0 -> 0.48.1)
yast2 (3.2.19 -> 3.2.23)
yast2-bootloader (3.2.15 -> 3.2.18)
yast2-country (3.2.10 -> 3.2.11)
yast2-installation (3.2.31 -> 3.2.34)
yast2-network (3.2.20 -> 3.2.21)
yast2-ntp-client (3.2.5 -> 3.2.6)
yast2-packager (3.2.16 -> 3.2.21)
yast2-product-creator (3.1.8 -> 3.2.0)
yast2-ruby-bindings (3.2.7 -> 3.2.9)
yast2-storage (3.2.9 -> 3.2.11)
=== Details ===
==== aaa_base ====
Version update (13.2+git20160915.106a00d -> 13.2+git20170308.c0ecf2e)
- Make lang.csh work again (bsc#1025673)
- Update to version 13.2+git20170306.3deb627:
* aaa_base.pre: drop some system users from aaa_base and create
them in the respective packages: bin,daemon,news,uucp,games,man
==== acl ====
Subpackages: libacl1 libacl1-32bit
- Add BuildRequires for system user bin needed by test suite
==== apache2 ====
Subpackages: apache2-devel apache2-doc apache2-example-pages apache2-prefork
- PreRequire user wwwrun and group www
==== dracut ====
- 01fips: Make init on non-x86_64, specifically s390x, pass (bsc#1021687)
* add 0510-01fips-Some-modules-use-separators-other-than.patch
* add 0511-01fips-ensure-fips-initialization-succeeds-on-s390-x.patch
- installkernel: handle make bin-rpmpkg (bsc#1008648)
- Do not pass ifname for bonding devices (bsc#995812)
* add 0314-nfs_do_not_pass_ifname_for_bonding_devices.patch
- Find devices by path for S390x (bsc#915218)
* add s390x_persistent_device.conf
- 01fips: Remove zlib module as requirement (bsc#1020063)
* add 0509-01fips-Remove-zlib-module-as-requirement.patch
==== emacs ====
Version update (25.1 -> 25.2)
Subpackages: emacs-info emacs-nox emacs-x11 etags
- Add /var/games to filelist
- Test out release candidate of emacs bugfix release 25.2
* 'find-library', 'help-function-def' and
'help-variable-def' now run
* New basic face 'fixed-pitch-serif', for a fixed-width font with serifs.
The 'Info-quoted' and 'tex-verbatim' faces inherit from it by
* New variable 'use-default-font-for-symbols', for backward compatibility.
This variable allows you to get back pre-Emacs 25 behavior where the
font for displaying symbol and punctuation characters was always
selected according to your fontset setup. By default, Emacs 25 tries
to use the default face's font for such characters, if it supports
them, disregarding the fontsets. Set this variable to nil to disable
this and get back the old behavior.
* 'electric-quote-mode' is no longer suppressed in a buffer whose
coding system cannot represent curved quote characters.
Instead, users can deal with the unrepresentable characters in the
usual way when they save the buffer.
* New variable 'inhibit-compacting-font-caches'.
Set this variable to a non-nil value to speed up display of characters
using large fonts, at the price of a larger memory footprint.
* The version number of CC Mode has been changed from 5.33 to
5.32.99, although the software itself hasn't changed. This aims to
reduce confusion with the standalone CC Mode 5.33 (available from
), which is a more mature version than
the one included in Emacs 25.2.
- Patch emacs-25.1.dif renamed to emacs-25.2.dif
- Modified patches emacs-24.4-glibc.patch and emacs-24.4-ps-bdf.patch
==== flatpak ====
Version update (0.8.4 -> 0.9.1)
- Update to version 0.9.1:
+ The flatpak-builder build cache now uses the rofiles-fuse
+ The cflags and cxxflags module properties now work by
appending, rather that replacing, when there are multiple
+ Do not invalidate build cache when the installed version of the
SDK changed by default. Use --rebuild-on-sdk-change to force
+ The build cache is now per-arch.
+ New buildsystem "cmake-ninja" which works like "cmake", but
builds using ninja.
+ New buildsystem "simple" which just runs a set of shell
commands specified in the "build-commands" property.
+ flatpak-builder now has build-runtime and build-extension
properties that makes it easier to build runtimes and
+ FLATPAK_DEST is set in the build environment to the
+ flatpak-builder now supports --from-git=URL which pulls the
json manifest and related files directly from a git repo.
+ modules have a new no-make-install property which skips the
make install step.
+ Modules and sources have only-arches and skip-arches
properties, which lets you enable/disable them based on the
+ build-options has a new property ldflags, which is similar to
cflags and cxxflags.
+ flatpak build (and thus flatpak-builder --run) now supports
dbus proxies when needed.
+ All git repos are cloned with fsckObjects=true, which means we
verify that the repos are valid.
+ New flatpak-builder argument --build-shell=MODULE extracts and
prepares the sources for a specified module and then starts a
build sandbox inside it.
+ build-export: Now supports --timestamp=ISO-8601-TIMESTAMP,
which allows you to create reproducible commits.
+ The OCI support has been updated to the latest version of the
OCI image specification format.
+ There is a new flatpak-bisect script that can be used to bisect
flatpak applications, looking for regressions.
+ flatpak list got a revamp. It now shows more information, and
shows both apps and runtimes by default.
+ flatpak remote-list was renamed flatpak remotes in order to
minimize confusion with flatpak remote-ls. The old name is
deprecated but still works.
- Bump minimal glib to 2.44.
==== gedit-plugins ====
Subpackages: gedit-plugins-data gedit-plugins-lang
- Add bracketcompletion-use-key-release-event-to-work-wi.patch:
Switch to use key release event for ibus pinyin input method
==== gjs ====
Subpackages: libgjs0 typelib-1_0-GjsPrivate-1_0
- Drop redundant %clean section.
==== gnome-color-manager ====
- Replace shared-color-profiles with colord-color-profiles
Requires: shared-color-profiles is obsolete, and
colord-color-profiles provides the profiles now.
==== gnome-documents ====
Version update (3.23.91 -> 3.24.0)
Subpackages: gnome-documents_books-common gnome-shell-search-provider-documents
- Update to version 3.24.0:
+ Updated translations.
==== gnome-themes-standard ====
Version update (3.22.2 -> 3.22.3)
Subpackages: gnome-themes-accessibility gnome-themes-accessibility-gtk2
gtk2-metatheme-adwaita gtk2-theming-engine-adwaita gtk3-metatheme-adwaita
- Update to version 3.22.3:
+ Dark theme fix.
+ Minor tweaks.
==== i4l-base ====
Subpackages: i4l-isdnlog libcapi20-3 libcapi20-3-32bit
- Require group uucp
==== kernel-source ====
Version update (4.10.4 -> 4.10.5)
Subpackages: kernel-default kernel-default-devel kernel-devel kernel-docs kernel-macros
- Linux 4.10.5 (CVE-2017-6353 bnc#1012628 bsc#1027066
- Delete patches.fixes/bonding-use-ETH_MAX_MTU-as-max-mtu.patch.
- Delete patches.fixes/team-use-ETH_MAX_MTU-as-max-mtu.patch.
- Update config files.
- commit f3fbfc6
- give up on gcc ilog2() constant optimizations (bnc#1025903).
- commit c2678b7
==== krb5 ====
Version update (1.15 -> 1.15.1)
Subpackages: krb5-32bit krb5-client krb5-devel
- use HTTPS project and source URLs
- use source urls.
- krb5.keyring: Added Greg Hudson
- removed obsolete krb5-1.15-fix_kdb_free_principal_e_data.patch
- Upgrade to 1.15.1
* Allow KDB modules to determine how the e_data field of principal
fields is freed
* Fix udp_preference_limit when the KDC location is configured with
* Fix KDC and kadmind startup on some IPv4-only systems
* Fix the processing of PKINIT certificate matching rules which have
two components and no explicit relation
* Improve documentation
==== libsmbios ====
Version update (2.3.0 -> 2.3.2)
Subpackages: libsmbios2 python-smbios smbios-utils-python
- Update to 2.3.2
* Drop rbu support
* Add smbios-battery script
- Fetch source from GitHub
- Remove obsolete patches:
D libsmbios-2.2.28-fix-bashisms.patch since pkgheader.sh was
==== numactl ====
Version update (2.0.10 -> 2.0.11)
- Update to 2.0.11
* 150116 libnuma: numa_node_to_cpu skips over non-existing
nodes (Petr Holasek)
* 151210 libnuma: supress warnings for non-existing node (Petr Holasek)
==== rubygem-cfa ====
Version update (0.4.2 -> 0.6.0)
- fix writting two new following nested trees ( also caused by fix
- fix writing new element with same key as only existing key
- fix writing new element with same key as removed element
- add new method AugeasTree#unique_id that helps with writing new
entries for augeas sequences
- fix AugeasTree#select to not return elements marked as deleted
(caused by fix for bsc#1023204)
- allow generic set/get also on subtree (bsc#1023204)
- do minimal changes when editing file, especially do not eat
white spaces if value is not modified (bsc#1023204)
- AugeasTree#data now return frozen hash as it is just filtered
view of data, which cannot be modified
- fix regression when passing nil to AugeasTree#delete (bsc#983486)
==== rubygem-cfa_grub2 ====
Version update (0.5.3 -> 0.6.0)
- adapt to new cfa version (bsc#1023204)
==== syslogd ====
- Require user and group news
==== vte ====
Version update (0.48.0 -> 0.48.1)
Subpackages: libvte-2_91-0 typelib-1_0-Vte-2.91
- Update to version 0.48.1:
+ build: Revert "build: Fix building the vala test app with
builddir != srcdir".
+ build: Disable vala for distcheck.
- Drop vte-revert-29fb71d3.patch: Fixed upstream.
==== yast2 ====
Version update (3.2.19 -> 3.2.23)
- SlideShow: Escape plain text release notes being shown properly
in RichText (bsc#1028721).
- Download the addon installation.xml file from a package
referenced by the "installerextension" provides dependency
- Use for Yast::TargetFile and Yast::Execute real path where scr
operates. It allows easier switching scr in unit tests.
(needed for testing fix for bsc#1023204)
- Added options to CWM::RadioButtons to set some extra spaces
(related to poo#14936 and bsc#1025415).
==== yast2-bootloader ====
Version update (3.2.15 -> 3.2.18)
- Report user friendly message when no root partition is detected
instead of internal error. (bsc#1029293)
- provide more helpful error message when invalid arguments for
serial console are provided (bsc#1012383)
- propose for xen hypervisor vga parameter if framebuffer is used
( should fix issue with text only environment when fbdev driver
is used )
==== yast2-country ====
Version update (3.2.10 -> 3.2.11)
- Fix GetLocaleString to use the given locale instead of
- Fix build problems (bsc#1030745)
==== yast2-installation ====
Version update (3.2.31 -> 3.2.34)
- Move CaaSP specific code to yast2-caasp (bsc#1030874)
- Use the shared package download and extraction functionality
- Added some extra space to the openSUSE desktop/roles selection
dialog (improvement on the fix for poo#14936, bsc#1025415).
==== yast2-network ====
Version update (3.2.20 -> 3.2.21)
- adapt to new version of cfa (new cfa needed for bsc#1023204)
==== yast2-ntp-client ====
Version update (3.2.5 -> 3.2.6)
- Adapt to new version of rubygem-cfa ( updated for bsc#1023204)
==== yast2-packager ====
Version update (3.2.16 -> 3.2.21)
- Do not crash when changing the priority of a just created
- Do not ignore solver problems after touching the partitioning
- Download the addon y2update.tgz file from a package referenced
by the "installerextension()" provides dependency (FATE#320772)
- make minimal changes when modify zypp.conf (bsc#1023204)
- Product selection: Do not reinstall already installed products
or products which are already included in another product.
Fixes SLES4SAP autoupgrade with SUSE Manager repositories.
These repositories contain SLES_SAP and SLES product. SLES
product will not be installed because SLES_SAP already includes
the SLES product.
==== yast2-product-creator ====
Version update (3.1.8 -> 3.2.0)
- removed calls to insserv
- Fix patterns list initialization (bsc#1028661)
- Fix 'Next' button behaviour in pattern selection
==== yast2-ruby-bindings ====
Version update (3.2.7 -> 3.2.9)
- Use more friendly exception when an invalid Yast::Path is
constructed (one with a component starting or ending with
a dash; bsc#1028081)
- add method Yast::WFM.scr_root to get scr changed root directory
(needed for testing fix for bsc#1023204)
==== yast2-storage ====
Version update (3.2.9 -> 3.2.11)
- dropped /etc/init.d/boot.crypto* invocations. Since these SysV
scripts were replaced by native systemd implementation already.
- dropped calls to /sbin/insserv
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse-factory+unsubscribe(a)opensuse.org
To contact the owner, e-mail: opensuse-factory+owner(a)opensuse.org