Please note that this mail was generated by a script. The described changes are computed based on the x86_64 DVD. The full online repo contains too many changes to be listed here.
Please check the known defects of this snapshot before upgrading: https://openqa.opensuse.org/tests/overview?distri=opensuse&groupid=1&...
When you reply to report some issues, make sure to change the subject. It is not helpful to keep the release announcement subject in a thread while discussing a specific problem.
Packages changed: bijiben cairo (1.15.4 -> 1.15.6) gjs (1.48.3 -> 1.48.4) gnome-tweak-tool (3.24.0 -> 3.24.1) gobject-introspection gstreamer-rtsp-server (1.10.4 -> 1.12.0) gstreamer-validate (1.10.4 -> 1.12.0) kwin5 libcroco libgnome-games-support (1.2.1 -> 1.2.2) python-atspi python3-gst (1.10.4 -> 1.12.0)
=== Details ===
==== bijiben ==== Subpackages: bijiben-lang gnome-shell-search-provider-bijiben
- Add bijiben-fix-i586-longint.patch: Fix wrong int type (bgo#783714). - Add bijiben-memo-provider-crash-opening-memo.patch: Application is crashing when trying to open a memo from the memo list (bgo#782998). - Add bijiben-fix-missing-break-in-case-statement.patch: main-toolbar: Missing break in case statement. Stop passing - -disable-Werror to configure (bgo#783465). - Add bijiben-remove-warning-about-Trash-folder.patch: local-provider: Remove warning about .Trash folder (bgo#783471).
==== cairo ==== Version update (1.15.4 -> 1.15.6) Subpackages: cairo-devel libcairo-gobject2 libcairo-script-interpreter2 libcairo2 libcairo2-32bit
- Update to version 1.15.6: + Detect if variable fonts have synthesized bold/italic or non-default variants, and use a fallback font where needed. + Restore MacOSX 10.4 support. Cairo had dropped 10.4 support when moving to the CoreText API. Now we automatically detect which API to use via dynamic linking, so can resume supporting this older version of MacOSX. + Fix error reporting in the xcb backend if fallback fails. Instead of returning NULL when the X11 server can't do some operation, return a surface in an error state. + Call XSync in the xlib backend before setting the error handler to ignore errors for certain requests, to make sure all pending errors are handled first. + Fix text-glyph-range for quartz-font. Use 0xFFFF instead of 0 for invalid index tracking. + Fix handling of Supplementary Multilingual Plane (SMP) Unicode characters in quartz-font. + Fix various issues in the drm backend including updating API usage and general code cleanup. + Clarify documentation regarding device scale inheritance and the units used in cairo_surface_create_similar_image (fdo#99094). - Drop cairo-pdf-fixes.patch: Fixed upstream. - Add cairo-fix-off-by-one-check.patch: Fix off by one check in cairo-image-info.c (fdo#101427).
==== gjs ==== Version update (1.48.3 -> 1.48.4) Subpackages: libgjs0 typelib-1_0-GjsPrivate-1_0
- Update to version 1.48.4: + gnome-shell 3.24.1 crash on wayland (bgo#781799).
==== gnome-tweak-tool ==== Version update (3.24.0 -> 3.24.1)
- Update to version 3.24.1: + Fix search. + Fix running Tweak Tool if GNOME Shell is not running. + Only show Top Bar panel if GNOME Shell is running. + Create config directories as necessary. + Explicitly use python2 shebang. + Handle SIGINT. + Require gsettings-desktop-schemas 3.23.3+ and pygobject 3.10+. + Updated translations.
==== gobject-introspection ==== Subpackages: girepository-1_0 libgirepository-1_0-1
- gi-find-deps.sh: sort autogenerated Requires to make builds fully reproducible.
==== gstreamer-rtsp-server ==== Version update (1.10.4 -> 1.12.0)
- Update to version 1.12.0: + No changes, stable version bump only. - Changes from version 1.11.91: + gi: Fix some annotations and docstrings. + Automatic update of common submodule. - Changes from version 1.11.90: + examples: make test-launch pipeline shared by default as well. + gstreamer-rtsp-server: Add both srcdir and builddir to the include path. - Update to version 1.11.2: + Meson build fixes. + Minor changes and fixes.
==== gstreamer-validate ==== Version update (1.10.4 -> 1.12.0) Subpackages: libgstvalidate-1_0-0 typelib-1_0-GstValidate-1_0
- Update to version 1.12.0: + launcher: Allow using the base launcher as a test manager. + tools: Fix dotfile name. - Changes from version 1.11.91: + Bugs fixed: bgo#781213. - Changes from version 1.11.90: + Misc fixes. - Update to version 1.11.2: + Bugs fixed: bgo#778279, bgo#777938, bgo#777977.
==== kwin5 ==== Subpackages: kwin5-devel
- Add workaround to fix input for fullscreen effects with Qt 5.9: * 0001-Force-creation-of-platform-window-for-the-desktop.patch
==== libcroco ====
- Add libcroco-fix-CVE-2017-7960.patch: Fix boo#1034481, CVE-2017-7960. - Add libcroco-fix-CVE-2017-7961.patch: Fix boo#1034482, CVE-2017-7961.
==== libgnome-games-support ==== Version update (1.2.1 -> 1.2.2)
- Update to version 1.2.2: + Fix wrong printf format specifier. + Updated translations.
==== python-atspi ====
- Implement single-spec version.
==== python3-gst ==== Version update (1.10.4 -> 1.12.0)
- Update to version 1.12.0: + No changes, stable version bump only. - Changes from version 1.11.91: + No changes. - Changes from version 1.11.90: + Bugs fixed: bgo#780369. - Update to version 1.11.2: + Port old helloworld.py example to GI. + python: Add an option to set where to install pygi overrides. + meson: bump version and bump meson requirement.