Please note that this mail was generated by a script. The described changes are computed based on the x86_64 DVD. The full online repo contains too many changes to be listed here.
Please check the known defects of this snapshot before upgrading: https://openqa.opensuse.org/tests/overview?distri=opensuse&groupid=1&...
When you reply to report some issues, make sure to change the subject. It is not helpful to keep the release announcement subject in a thread while discussing a specific problem.
Packages changed: chrome-gnome-shell cups-filters (1.8.2 -> 1.13.3) epiphany (3.22.5 -> 3.22.6) evolution-rss (0.3.95+git.20160817 -> 0.3.95+git.20161130) fprintd (0.6.0 -> 0.7.0) grub2 kblackbox krita nfs-utils openssl perl-Moose (2.1807 -> 2.2001) pullin-fluendo-mp3 snapper (0.4.1 -> 0.4.3) util-macros (1.19.0 -> 1.19.1) vulkan (1.0.32.g28 -> 184.108.40.206) xauth (1.0.9 -> 1.0.10) xconsole (1.0.6 -> 1.0.7) xkeyboard-config (2.19 -> 2.20) yast2-storage (3.2.5 -> 3.2.7)
=== Details ===
==== chrome-gnome-shell ====
- Added chrome-gnome-shell-commit-dca4a35.patch: Fix connector: do not use get_dbus_connection after GApplication was released (gh#nE0sIghT/chrome-gnome-shell-mirror#27).
==== cups-filters ==== Version update (1.8.2 -> 1.13.3) Subpackages: cups-filters-cups-browsed cups-filters-foomatic-rip cups-filters-ghostscript
- Version update to 1.13.3: * As the changelgo is really long for detailed info check NEWS file * Disable mutool switch to not build with mupdf package in order to not expand the dependencies too much * /usr/lib/cups/filter/textonly was renamed to texttotext * pstopdf filter dropped by upstream * Add new driverless binary/driver to work with new style IPP printers that do not require any driver
==== epiphany ==== Version update (3.22.5 -> 3.22.6) Subpackages: epiphany-lang gnome-shell-search-provider-epiphany
- Update to version 3.22.6: + Fix minor memory leak (bgo#682723). + Fix serious password extraction sweep attack on password manager (bgo#752738). + Fix adblocker blocking too much stuff, breaking Twitter (bgo#777714).
==== evolution-rss ==== Version update (0.3.95+git.20160817 -> 0.3.95+git.20161130) Subpackages: evolution-plugin-rss evolution-plugin-rss-lang
- Drop pkgconfig(webkitgtk-3.0) BuildRequires: We build against evolution 3.22.x or newer, and support for webkitgtk-3.0 has been dropped upstream for this version and newer in both evolution-rss and evolution. - Update to version 0.3.95+git.20161130: + Fix typo in Spanish translation header. + bgo#764065: [Camel] Port more classes to GObject. + Updated translations.
==== fprintd ==== Version update (0.6.0 -> 0.7.0) Subpackages: fprintd-pam fprintd-pam-32bit
- Update to version 0.7.0 * Fix crash in the daemon when cancelling PAM conversation * Fix build warnings and update translations
==== grub2 ==== Subpackages: grub2-i386-pc grub2-snapper-plugin grub2-systemd-sleep-plugin grub2-x86_64-efi grub2-x86_64-xen
- grub2-systemd-sleep.sh: Fix prematurely abort by commands error return code and skip the offending menu entry (bsc#1022880) - Add support for BLT only EFI GOP adapters (FATE#322332) * grub2-efi-gop-add-blt.patch
==== kblackbox ====
- Little more detail in summary
==== krita ==== Subpackages: krita-lang
- use individual libboost-*-devel packages instead of boost-devel
==== nfs-utils ==== Subpackages: nfs-client nfs-doc nfs-kernel-server
- Check for existence of "statd" user before creating it, and do not suppress errors about it. - Ensure units passed to %service_* are full filenames. - Pass all units (non-templated) to %service_*.
==== openssl ==== Subpackages: libopenssl-devel libopenssl1_0_0 libopenssl1_0_0-32bit
- fix X509_CERT_FILE path (bsc#1022271) and rename updated openssl-1.0.1e-truststore.diff to openssl-truststore.patch
==== perl-Moose ==== Version update (2.1807 -> 2.2001)
- updated to 2.2001 see /usr/share/doc/packages/perl-Moose/Changes 2.2001 2017-01-29 [TESTS] - fixed variable interpolation in filename in test (RT#120033) 2.2000 2017-01-29 [OTHER] - increased minimum required version of Sub::Name. 2.1905 2017-01-07 (TRIAL RELEASE) [ENHANCEMENTS] - Added support for __no_BUILD__ as a constructor argument to skip calling any BUILD subs (used internally by modules like Moo that have their own implementation of calling BUILD) (PR#142, Graham Knop) 2.1904 2016-12-22 (TRIAL RELEASE) [BUG FIXES] - Slight tweaks to the syntax used for hashes in a few tests, that were broken by a recent Test::More release that started using a new namespace that clashes with a (bareword) type name in these tests. (PR#141, D.Maestro) 2.1903 2016-11-22 (TRIAL RELEASE) [ENHANCEMENTS] - When an attribute defines two methods (say a reader and writer) with the same name, this now generates a warning. - The warning when attribute methods overwrite one another is now much more informative. It includes the type of accessors involve (reader, writer, predicate, etc.) as well as the file and line where each accessor was defined. Fixes RT #118325. [BUG FIXES] - Brought back the Moose::Meta::Method::Delegation->_get_delegate_accessor method for the benefit of MooseX::CurriedDelegation. - The definition context (package, file, & line) for attributes on Class::MOP and Moose metaclasses was wrong in all cases. 2.1902 2016-10-23 (TRIAL RELEASE) [ENHANCEMENTS] - The stack trace for an inlined delegation now tells you where the delegating attribute was declared (file and line number). 2.1901 2016-10-20 (TRIAL RELEASE) [TESTS] - warnings are only checked for in tests under AUTHOR_TESTING, so as to not prevent installation when warnings occur in prerequisites. 2.1900 2016-10-09 (TRIAL RELEASE) [ENHANCEMENTS] - Most delegations are inlined now. This is not done for speed but rather to improve stack traces when the delegated-to method throws an exception or when the delegated-to method simply does not exist in the delegatee. Previously, this stack trace and associated error were less helpful than they could have been. Requested by Tim Bunce, Olaf Alders, and Van de Bugger. (RT#46614, RT#98402, and RT#109631).
==== pullin-fluendo-mp3 ====
- No longer recomment gstreamer-0_10-fluendo-mp3: openSUSE no longer ships GStreamer 0.10.
==== snapper ==== Version update (0.4.1 -> 0.4.3) Subpackages: libsnapper4 snapper-zypp-plugin
- deal with CaaSP btrfs setup where certain subvolumes are read-only (bsc#1018302 and bsc#1018095) - version 0.4.3 - build SLE12 versions with quota support again (bsc#1021370) - version 0.4.2
==== util-macros ==== Version update (1.19.0 -> 1.19.1)
- update to release 1.19.1 * XORG_MANPAGE_SECTIONS: limit SysV man page sections to Solaris 2.0-11 * Fix XORG_WITH_XMLTO to work with xmlto >= 0.0.27 * autogen.sh: use quoted string variables * autogen: add default patch prefix * autogen.sh: use exec instead of waiting for configure to finish
==== vulkan ==== Version update (1.0.32.g28 -> 220.127.116.11) Subpackages: libvulkan1
- Update to new upstream release 18.104.22.168 * layers: Add tracking for VK_KHR_display extension in PV * layers: Add null checks to RetireWorkOnQueue * vulkaninfo: fix segfault when DISPLAY is not set * layers: Complete support for VK_KHR_Display ext
==== xauth ==== Version update (1.0.9 -> 1.0.10)
- Update to version 1.0.10 * include POSIX-standard limits.h for PATH_MAX instead of sys/syslimits.h * autogen.sh: Honor NOCONFIGURE=1 * Clarified RELEASING in README * Fix for xauth failing on ENOSPC (= disk full) * autogen.sh: use quoted string variables * Update DISPLAY parsing to work with new launchd paths in Yosemite * Fix !HAVE_STRLCPY case * Build xauth before running tests. * autogen: add default patch prefix * autogen.sh: stop using maintainer mode * autogen.sh: use exec instead of waiting for configure to finish * usage(): Print summary for the -n option
==== xconsole ==== Version update (1.0.6 -> 1.0.7)
- Update to version 1.0.7: * configure: Drop AM_MAINTAINER_MODE * autogen.sh: Honor NOCONFIGURE=1 * config: add AC_USE_SYSTEM_EXTENSIONS * autogen.sh: use quoted string variables * autogen: add default patch prefix * autogen.sh: use exec instead of waiting for configure to finish
==== xkeyboard-config ==== Version update (2.19 -> 2.20)
- Update to version 2.20 * Bug fixes and performance improvements
==== yast2-storage ==== Version update (3.2.5 -> 3.2.7)
- Move snapshots check box to "edit partition" dialog (Fate#321094) - 3.2.7 - Implement simple_mode -> label_proposal (FATE#322328) - 3.2.6