Please note that this mail was generated by a script. The described changes are computed based on the x86_64 DVD. The full online repo contains too many changes to be listed here.
Please check the known defects of this snapshot before upgrading: https://openqa.opensuse.org/tests/overview?distri=opensuse&groupid=1&...
When you reply to report some issues, make sure to change the subject. It is not helpful to keep the release announcement subject in a thread while discussing a specific problem.
Packages changed: grub2 iproute2 (4.13 -> 4.14.1) iputils libassuan (2.4.5 -> 2.5.1) libinput (1.9.2 -> 1.9.3) libxcb pcsc-lite perl-Exception-Class (1.43 -> 1.44) perl-libwww-perl (6.30 -> 6.31) php7 (7.1.12 -> 7.2.0) rdma-core (15.1 -> 16) sudo systemd systemd-presets-branding-openSUSE virt-manager yast2-add-on (4.0.2 -> 4.0.3)
=== Details ===
==== grub2 ==== Subpackages: grub2-i386-pc grub2-snapper-plugin grub2-systemd-sleep-plugin grub2-x86_64-efi grub2-x86_64-xen
- Filter out autofs and securityfs from /proc/self/mountinfo to speed up nfsroot test in large number of autofs mounts (bsc#1069094) * modified grub2-pass-corret-root-for-nfsroot.patch
==== iproute2 ==== Version update (4.13 -> 4.14.1)
- Remove iproute2-doc (removed upstream) and doc-revert-PDF-creation.patch . - Update to new upstream release 4.14.1 * ss: distinguish between IPv4 and IPv6 wildcard sockets * bridge: this patch adds json support for bridge mdb show * tc actions: improved batching and time filtered dumping * iproute: add support for SRv6 local segment processing * ip: add new command line argument -json (mutually exclusive with -color) * gre: add support for ERSPAN tunnel * tc: m_ife: allow ife type to zero * tc: m_ife: print IEEE ethertype format * iproute: add support for seg6 l2encap mode * devlink: Add support for special format protocol headers * devlink: Add support for protocol IPv4/IPv6/Ethernet special formats * ss: detect IPPROTO_ICMPV6 sockets * tc/actions: introduce support for jump action * devlink: add batch command support
==== iputils ==== Subpackages: rarpd
- Install rdisc as rdisc, do not use in.rdisc anymore (xinetd which was using in.* names is obsolete anyways) - iputils: remove man pages of unused binaries: ninfod, pg3, rdisc (rdisc is in a separate package) - Add systemd service for rarpd
==== libassuan ==== Version update (2.4.5 -> 2.5.1) Subpackages: libassuan-devel libassuan0
- libassuan 2.5.1: * New function to change the system hooks for the socket interface (assuan_sock_set_system_hooks)
==== libinput ==== Version update (1.9.2 -> 1.9.3) Subpackages: libinput-udev libinput10
- Update to new upstream release 1.9.3 * New button debouncing code that makes the stuck buttons a thing of the past. - Add kill-env.diff
==== libxcb ==== Subpackages: libxcb-composite0 libxcb-damage0 libxcb-devel libxcb-dpms0 libxcb-dri2-0 libxcb-dri3-0 libxcb-glx0 libxcb-present0 libxcb-randr0 libxcb-record0 libxcb-render0 libxcb-render0-32bit libxcb-res0 libxcb-screensaver0 libxcb-shape0 libxcb-shm0 libxcb-shm0-32bit libxcb-sync1 libxcb-xf86dri0 libxcb-xfixes0 libxcb-xinerama0 libxcb-xkb1 libxcb-xtest0 libxcb-xv0 libxcb-xvmc0 libxcb1 libxcb1-32bit
- fixes build against python3 (package rename of python-xcb-proto-devel to python3-xcb-proto-devel) - n_If-auth-with-credentials-for-hostname-fails-retry-with-XAUTHLOCALHOSTNAME.patch * Modify this patch to do what it say - retry not only if the current hostname is not found in the xauthority file, but also when it is rejected by X server. (bnc#1043221)
==== pcsc-lite ==== Subpackages: libpcsclite1
- Rename local defines USER/GROUP to PKG_USER/PKG_GROUP: the variable GROUP (call caps) has been claimed by RPM 4.14.
==== perl-Exception-Class ==== Version update (1.43 -> 1.44)
- updated to 1.44 see /usr/share/doc/packages/perl-Exception-Class/Changes 1.44 2017-12-10 - You can now pass "frame_filter", "filter_frames_early", and "skip_frames" to the throw() method of an exception class. These will be passed on to the Devel::StackTrace constructor. Requested by Fr�d�ric Bri�re. GH #6.
==== perl-libwww-perl ==== Version update (6.30 -> 6.31)
- updated to 6.31 see /usr/share/doc/packages/perl-libwww-perl/Changes 6.31 2017-12-11 01:55:53Z - fix version numbering (RT#123841)
==== php7 ==== Version update (7.1.12 -> 7.2.0) Subpackages: apache2-mod_php7 php7-bcmath php7-bz2 php7-calendar php7-ctype php7-curl php7-dba php7-devel php7-dom php7-exif php7-fastcgi php7-ftp php7-gd php7-gettext php7-gmp php7-iconv php7-imap php7-json php7-ldap php7-mbstring php7-mysql php7-odbc php7-openssl php7-pdo php7-pear php7-pear-Archive_Tar php7-pgsql php7-shmop php7-snmp php7-sockets php7-sqlite php7-sysvsem php7-sysvshm php7-tidy php7-tokenizer php7-wddx php7-xmlreader php7-xmlwriter php7-xsl php7-zlib
- updated to 7.2.0: features and improvements: * Convert numeric keys in object/array casts * Counting of non-countable objects * Object typehint * HashContext as Object * Argon2 in password hash * Improve TLS constants to sane values * Mcrypt extension removed * New sodium extension - patches: . php7-systzdata-v14.patch transformed to php7-systzdata-v15.patch . removed upstreamed php7-aarch64-mult.patch
==== rdma-core ==== Version update (15.1 -> 16) Subpackages: libibverbs libibverbs1 libmlx4-1 libmlx5-1 librdmacm1
- Update to rdma-core v16 * No release notes available
==== sudo ====
- remove sudoers.dist that is not needed [bsc#1071379]
==== systemd ==== Subpackages: libsystemd0 libsystemd0-32bit libudev-devel libudev1 libudev1-32bit systemd-32bit systemd-bash-completion systemd-logger systemd-sysvinit udev
- Add missing /etc/systemd/network directory
==== systemd-presets-branding-openSUSE ====
- Don't disable services with preset-all in %posttrans, the network is special and would be disabled. - If we do a fresh installation, call systemctl preset-all in the %posttrans section. Some services need to be installed before systemd or do not strictly require systemd, so systemd would only be installed after them and the systemd units of this package never enabled. - Enable klog.service and rsyslog.service by default, currently they enable themself always in post install section. - Enable btrfs-*.timer by default, switch from cron to systemd.timer - Enable btrfsmaintenance-refresh.service
==== virt-manager ==== Subpackages: virt-install virt-manager-common
- bsc#1071825 - AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'change_run_text' virtman-register-delete-event-for-details-dialog.patch
==== yast2-add-on ==== Version update (4.0.2 -> 4.0.3)
- Fixed adding multiple products from a multi-product medium (bsc#1062813) - 4.0.3