Please note that this mail was generated by a script. The described changes are computed based on the x86_64 DVD. The full online repo contains too many changes to be listed here.
Please check the known defects of this snapshot before upgrading: https://openqa.opensuse.org/tests/overview?distri=opensuse&groupid=1&...
When you reply to report some issues, make sure to change the subject. It is not helpful to keep the release announcement subject in a thread while discussing a specific problem.
Packages changed: Mesa audit (2.5 -> 2.7.7) audit-secondary (2.5 -> 2.7.7) device-mapper gettext-runtime gnome-shell (3.24.2 -> 3.24.3) gtk2 gtk3 (3.22.16 -> 3.22.17) jack java-1_8_0-openjdk (126.96.36.199 -> 188.8.131.52) libdrm (2.4.81 -> 2.4.82) libgexiv2 (0.10.4 -> 0.10.6) librsvg (2.40.17 -> 2.40.18) linux-glibc-devel lvm2 lz4 (131 -> 1.7.5) mutter (3.24.3 -> 3.24.4) pidgin polkit-default-privs publicsuffix (20170622 -> 20170713) rsync systemd-presets-branding-openSUSE texinfo (6.3 -> 6.4) vcdimager (0.7.24cvs -> 0.7.24+cvs20170719)
=== Details ===
==== Mesa ==== Subpackages: Mesa-dri-devel Mesa-dri-nouveau Mesa-libEGL-devel Mesa-libEGL1 Mesa-libGL-devel Mesa-libGL1 Mesa-libglapi0 Mesa-libglapi0-32bit Mesa-libva libOSMesa8 libOSMesa8-32bit libgbm1 libvdpau_nouveau libvdpau_r300 libvdpau_r600 libvdpau_radeonsi libvulkan_radeon libwayland-egl1 libxatracker2
- u_r600-Add-support-for-B5G5R5A1.patch * Fixes rendercheck tests when X server accelerates using glamor. (bnc#1047154)
==== audit ==== Version update (2.5 -> 2.7.7) Subpackages: audit-devel libaudit1 libaudit1-32bit libauparse0
- Update to version 2.7.7 release Changelog: https://people.redhat.com/sgrubb/audit/ChangeLog
==== audit-secondary ==== Version update (2.5 -> 2.7.7)
- Update to version 2.7.7. See audit.spec (libaudit1) for upstream changelog Since commit 6cf57d27 (2.7.4) audit is now started as an non-forking service (bsc#1042781). Add config: audit-stop.rules Refresh patch: audit-allow-manual-stop.patch Refresh patch: audit-no-gss.patch
==== device-mapper ==== Subpackages: libdevmapper-event1_03 libdevmapper1_03 libdevmapper1_03-32bit
- Require device-mapper-devel rather than recommend. It is really needed (the .h files are required by the lvm2app and lvm2cmd)
==== gettext-runtime ==== Subpackages: gettext-tools
- Ignore rpm-build's dependency on gettext-tools while building the -mini variant: before gettext-runtime-mini is built, there is no provider of this symbol in a bootstrap cycle.
==== gnome-shell ==== Version update (3.24.2 -> 3.24.3) Subpackages: gnome-shell-browser-plugin gnome-shell-calendar
- Update to version 3.24.3: + Bypass proxies for captive portal (bgo#769692). + Fix missing icons in freedesktop notifications (bgo#784245). + Fix blocked clicks in shutdown dialog (bgo#781738). + Implement tablet rings/strips configuration (bgo#782033). + Misc. bug fixes: bgo#780215, bgo#782802, bgo#783286, bgo#784130, bgo#784353, bgo#781471. + Updated translations. - Drop gnome-shell-portalhelper-fixes.patch and gnome-shell-emulate-click-action.patch: fixed upstream.
==== gtk2 ==== Subpackages: gtk2-data gtk2-devel gtk2-immodule-amharic gtk2-immodule-inuktitut gtk2-immodule-thai gtk2-immodule-vietnamese gtk2-immodule-xim gtk2-tools gtk2-tools-32bit libgtk-2_0-0 libgtk-2_0-0-32bit typelib-1_0-Gtk-2_0
- Migrate %icon_theme_cache_post/postun macro from hicolor-icon-theme to gtk2-tools file triggers. Any package installing icons below /usr/share/icons will trigger. Each package will produce the cache for every icon theme being updated. The same trigger is also added to gtk3-tools, where only the one owning the current instance of /usr/bin/gtk-update-icon-cache update-alternatie link actually executes the update.
==== gtk3 ==== Version update (3.22.16 -> 3.22.17) Subpackages: gtk3-data gtk3-immodule-amharic gtk3-immodule-inuktitut gtk3-immodule-thai gtk3-immodule-vietnamese gtk3-immodule-xim gtk3-tools libgtk-3-0 typelib-1_0-Gtk-3_0
- Update to version 3.22.17: + Add native file chooser support for OS X. + Bugs fixed: bgo#766517, bgo#781583, bgo#781935, bgo#781936, bgo#782040, bgo#782325, bgo#784323, bgo#784723, bgo#784888. + Updated translations. - Migrate %icon_theme_cache_post/postun macro from hicolor-icon-theme to gtk3-tools file triggers. Any package installing icons below /usr/share/icons will trigger. Each package will produce the cache for every icon theme being updated. The same trigger is also added to gtk2-tools, where only the one owning the current instance of /usr/bin/gtk-update-icon-cache update-alternative link actually executes the update.
==== jack ==== Subpackages: libjack-devel libjack0
- Modify jack-fixgcc7.patch in line with upstream.
==== java-1_8_0-openjdk ==== Version update (184.108.40.206 -> 220.127.116.11) Subpackages: java-1_8_0-openjdk-headless
==== libdrm ==== Version update (2.4.81 -> 2.4.82) Subpackages: libdrm-devel libdrm2 libdrm_amdgpu1 libdrm_intel1 libdrm_nouveau2 libdrm_radeon1
- Update to version 2.4.82: + intel: PCI Ids for S SKU in CFL + intel: PCI Ids for H SKU in CFL + intel: PCI Ids for U SKU in CFL + intel/gen10: Add missed gen10 stuff + etnaviv: submit full struct drm_etnaviv_gem_submit + amdgpu: sync amdgpu_drm with kernel. + drm: update drm.h to latest in drm-next. + libdrm: add drm syncobj create/destroy/import/export + drm/amdgpu: add syncobj create/destroy/import/export apis + drm/amdgpu: add new low overhead command submission API. (v2) + amdgpu: add new symbols to tests. + Android's major/minor/makedev live in <sys/sysmacros.h> + headers: Update drm_fourcc and vc4_drm.h with new VC4 tiling UAPI. + headers: sync drm_fourcc.h with airlied/drm-next + headers: sync drm_sarea.h with airlied/drm-next + tests/amdgpu: rename uvd messages to decode messages + tests/amdgpu: separate decode messages + tests/amdgpu: move decode sum to common + tests/amdgpu: add vcn tests support and sets + tests/amdgpu: implement vcn dec unit tests + tests/amdgpu: s/uvd_messages.h/decode_messages.h/ in Makefile.am + tests/amdgpu: Fix device_id option + amdgpu: Add .editorconfig file for amdgpu coding style + intel: add GEN10 to IS_9XX. + Android: fix missing trailing \ + intel: Add Cannonlake PCI IDs for U-skus. + intel: Add Cannonlake PCI IDs for Y-skus. + intel/intel_chipset: Move IS_9XX below IS_GEN10. + amdgpu: move asic id table to a separate file + Remove redundant memclear
==== libgexiv2 ==== Version update (0.10.4 -> 0.10.6)
- Update to version 0.10.6: + Fix missing include file. + Add a function to save meta-data in XMP sidecar file. + Add a more complete Python test-suite. + Fix a potential NULL dereference in _get_comment(). + Fix compatibility with Exiv2 0.26. + Bugs fixed: Coverity issue CID 167853 (gentoo#613778, bgo#712455, bgo#780709, bgo#782449). - Changes from version 0.10.5: + Fix autogen.sh to also run configure. + Generate gtk-doc and various documentation updates. + Fix an abort on unhandled Minolta meta-data. + Fix compilation issues with shadowing variables in StreamIO. + Fix GPS rational calculations if fraction has 0 numerator and denominator. + Several build cleanups. + Add make check to build and run the python tests. + Add C tests. + Bugs fixed: bgo#723790, bgo#774105, bgo#775249, bgo#776233, bgo#779089, bgo#779551, rh#1401706. - Drop libgexiv2-fix-typelib-vapi-install.patch and get_orientation-Fix-abort-on-Minolta-meta-data.patch, fixed upstream. - Add devel documentation to the file list.
==== librsvg ==== Version update (2.40.17 -> 2.40.18) Subpackages: gdk-pixbuf-loader-rsvg librsvg-2-2 rsvg-thumbnailer typelib-1_0-Rsvg-2_0
- Update to version 2.40.18 (boo#1049607, CVE-2017-11464): + Fix division-by-zero in the Gaussian blur code (bgo#783835, boo#1049607, CVE-2017-11464). + Fix other cases of division-by-zero on fuzzed SVG files. + Don't crash on invalid transformation matrices. + Support Visual Studio 2017; generate .pc files for Meson on Windows.
==== linux-glibc-devel ====
- BuildIgnore linux-kernel-headers: the symbol will only exist once the package was built in a bootstrap cycle. - BuildIgnore gettext-tools: required by rpm-build, but we can build without it, allowing to shorten a bootstrap cycle.
==== lvm2 ==== Subpackages: liblvm2app2_2 liblvm2cmd2_02
- Require device-mapper-devel rather than recommend. It is really needed (the .h files are required by the lvm2app and lvm2cmd)
==== lz4 ==== Version update (131 -> 1.7.5)
- Update to new upstrema release 1.7.5 (2017-01-03) * back to the old version scheme * lz4hc: new compression levels 10-12 - Remove lz4-soversion.diff (not needed), lz4-killdate.diff (no longer needed)
==== mutter ==== Version update (3.24.3 -> 3.24.4) Subpackages: libmutter-0-0 mutter-data
- Update to version 3.24.4: + Fix wacom cursor offset on wayland (bgo#784009). + Do not throttle motion events on tablet tools (bgo#783535). + Handle left-handed mode on pen/eraser devices (bgo#782027). + Fix crash when decreasing number of workspaces (bgo#784223, boo#1045440). + Fix crash when moving across on-adjacent monitors (bgo#783630). + Fix window moving/resizing via tablet tools (bgo#777333). + Improve stability of tablet plugs/unplugs (bgo#784881). + Implement tablet rings/strips configuration (bgo#782033). + Support tablet wheel events on wayland (bgo#783716). + Misc. bug fixes: bgo#784402, bgo#784867, bgo#781723. + Updated translations. - Add pkgconfig(libudev) BuildRequires: New explicit dependency.
==== pidgin ==== Subpackages: libpurple libpurple-plugin-sametime libpurple-tcl
- Drop dependency over silc-toolkit-devel as we want to remove it from the distribution
==== polkit-default-privs ====
- polkit-default-privs: adding new realmd action (bsc#1048025)
==== publicsuffix ==== Version update (20170622 -> 20170713)
- Update to version 20170713: * Add newly delegated ICANN ccTLDs based on 2017-07-10 database (#483) * Add boomla.net domain (#476) * Add Dynu.com domain names to the PSL (#447) * Add Netlify domains (#469) * add Nodeart domains (#471) * Add additional evennode.com domains (#481) * Add LiquidNet domains (#452) * Add NymNom domains (#425) * Add Sub 6 Limited domains (#462) * Pull request for adding org.ru, net.ru and pp.ru names (#412)
==== rsync ====
- Refresh patch rsync-both-compressions.patch to include fix when using old-compress on new zlib on server too
==== systemd-presets-branding-openSUSE ====
- Enable ca-certificates to run on boot and on demand to create database in /var/lib/ca-certificates
==== texinfo ==== Version update (6.3 -> 6.4) Subpackages: info makeinfo
- Update to version 6.4: * texi2any: + for HTML output, place section names before the manual in page titles, instead of after them, so it is easier to distinguish pages if titles are truncated + starting points for ordered lists beginning with 0 or a letter of the alphabet are output as attributes on the <ol> tag, as was case for Texinfo 4.13 and earlier + a bit faster + some discrepancies in paragraph formatting between Perl extension modules and interpreted Perl modules have been fixed + `MACRO_BODY_IGNORES_LEADING_SPACE' customization variable removed, and `indent_menu_descriptions' is no longer a possible value for `TREE_TRANSFORMATIONS' (as these features did not work as documented) * info: + the `up-line' and `down-line' commands now are like the other scrolling commands and are no longer confined to a single node (depending on the value of `scroll-behaviour') + supplying the --all option with --index-search displays a list of matching index entries + the style variables like `link-style' can now be set while info is running + display bug fixed where color could be turned off prematurely + several other bugs fixed + better portability in test suite + do not fall back to showing the dir node if a manual isn't found + Do not attempt any kind of conversion of CR LF line endings, except on MS-DOS/Windows, when it is done unconditionally. (This replaces a more complicated approach, where this conversion would take place if there was a problem finding a node in a file.) The main effect of this change is that Info files with CR LF line endings, which would have been produced on MS-DOS/Windows with old versions of makeinfo, are only supported on such operating systems. + a few of the key bindings under --vi-keys have been changed for consistency or to match the documentation * texinfo.tex + a DVI file with a single empty page can be output again, which restores the behavior from Texinfo 6.0 and earlier - Small packaging clenup: * Drop conditions for old releases * Run spec-cleaner * Run testsuite
==== vcdimager ==== Version update (0.7.24cvs -> 0.7.24+cvs20170719) Subpackages: libvcdinfo0
- Cleanup the dependencies a bit to cope well with the current TW state - Fix infopages install/uninstall - Redo the cvs tarball and add date of the creation of the tarball * still one should check next time if there are some changes