Please note that this mail was generated by a script. The described changes are computed based on the x86_64 DVD. The full online repo contains too many changes to be listed here.
Please check the known defects of this snapshot before upgrading: https://openqa.opensuse.org/tests/overview?distri=opensuse&groupid=1&...
When you reply to report some issues, make sure to change the subject. It is not helpful to keep the release announcement subject in a thread while discussing a specific problem.
Packages changed: ImageMagick (188.8.131.52 -> 184.108.40.206) cpupower (4.6 -> 4.10) cups-filters ddd dpdk ibus-pinyin kiwi-config-openSUSE mailman mutter python-requests (2.12.4 -> 2.13.0) squid wireless-regdb (2016.06.10 -> 2017.03.07) xosview
=== Details ===
==== ImageMagick ==== Version update (220.127.116.11 -> 18.104.22.168) Subpackages: ImageMagick-devel ImageMagick-extra libMagick++-6_Q16-7 libMagickCore-6_Q16-4 libMagickWand-6_Q16-4 perl-PerlMagick
- updated to 6.8.8-2 * Support namespaces for the security policy. * Respect throttle policy. * Support the -authenticate option for PDF. * Fix Spurious memory allocation message. * Identical images should return inf for PSNR. * Fixed fd leak for webp coder. * Prevent random pixel data for corrupt JPEG image. * Support pixel-cache and shred security policies. * Fixed memory leak when creating nested exceptions in Magick++. * Eliminate bogus assertion. * Unbreak build without JPEG support. + ImageMagick-montage.t.patch
==== cpupower ==== Version update (4.6 -> 4.10) Subpackages: libcpupower0
- Update cpupower and turbostat to latest kernel v4.10 sources D library_cleanup.patch - Change .c file header file modification, modify in Makefile instead: D turbostat_set_asm_header_fixed.patch A turbostat_makefile_fix_asm_header.patch
==== cups-filters ==== Subpackages: cups-filters-cups-browsed cups-filters-foomatic-rip cups-filters-ghostscript
- fallback_read_ppd_file_from_environment.patch lets foomatic-rip call read_ppd_file() with PPD filename from environment as fallback, see https://bugs.linuxfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1388
==== ddd ====
- fix color names in xpm files + ddd-imagemagick-xpm-colors.patch
==== dpdk ====
- Disable dpdk-kmp package for ix86.
==== ibus-pinyin ====
- Remove redundant buildroot removal from %install.
==== kiwi-config-openSUSE ====
- Do not show the installer icon on the desktop of rescue CDs, as it not available in first place (boo#1025728). - Use localectl in langset to also change X11 keyboard layout - Import keys for installation to avoid trust prompt - Remove useless cp command from config.sh.in - Add BuildRequires: openSUSE-release to make YaST2 pick the correct keymaps
==== mailman ====
- Require system user wwwrun
==== mutter ==== Subpackages: libmutter-0-0 mutter-data
- Add libmutter0 Obsoletes: Ease updates from older versions of openSUSE (boo#1030759).
==== python-requests ==== Version update (2.12.4 -> 2.13.0)
- fixed dependencies in spec - update to version 2.13.0 * Only load the idna library when we?ve determined we need it. This will save some memory for users. * Updated bundled urllib3 to 1.20. * Updated bundled idna to 2.2. - update to version 2.12.5 * Fixed an issue with JSON encoding detection, specifically detecting big-endian UTF-32 with BOM.
==== squid ====
- initialize_cache_if_needed.sh, squid_dir.sed: Initialize cache directory on startup if it is missing. Move scripts out of systemd service file and into individual files. (bnc#1030421)
==== wireless-regdb ==== Version update (2016.06.10 -> 2017.03.07)
- Update to 2017.03.07 (boo#1030085): * Update rules for Australia (AU) and add 60GHz rules * Update 5 GHz rules for Canada * Remove DFS requirement for India (IN)
==== xosview ====
- spec-cleaned, removed limitation to gcc5 - Diskmeter: allow removable devices (boo#1027532)