Please note that this mail was generated by a script. The described changes are computed based on the x86_64 DVD. The full online repo contains too many changes to be listed here.
Please check the known defects of this snapshot before upgrading: https://openqa.opensuse.org/tests/overview?distri=opensuse&groupid=1&...
When you reply to report some issues, make sure to change the subject. It is not helpful to keep the release announcement subject in a thread while discussing a specific problem.
Packages changed: SUSEConnect (0.3.10 -> 0.3.11) autofs bind grub2 installation-images-Kubic (14.372 -> 14.373) kdump libotr libstorage-ng (3.3.283 -> 3.3.292) ovmf postgresql10 (10.3 -> 10.4) protobuf (3.5.0 -> 3.5.2) psmisc python-chardet python-kiwi (9.15.1 -> 9.15.2) sysconfig (0.84.2 -> 0.84.3) unzip virtualbox vsftpd yast2-schema (4.0.2 -> 4.0.3)
=== Details ===
==== SUSEConnect ==== Version update (0.3.10 -> 0.3.11)
- Update to 0.3.11 - Add dependencies needed by the rmt-client-setup script. - Prevent the automatic registration of recommended products that are not mirrored by the registration proxy.
==== autofs ====
- 0003-autofs-5.1.4-fix-fd-leak-in-rpc_do_create_client.patch Fix filedescriptor leak (bsc#1093436)
==== bind ==== Subpackages: bind-chrootenv bind-doc bind-utils libbind9-160 libdns169 libirs160 libisc166 libisccc160 libisccfg160 liblwres160 python3-bind
- Add bug-4697-Restore-workaround-for-Microsoft-Windows-T.patch Fixes dynamic DNS updates against samba and Microsoft DNS servers (bsc#1094236). - Move chroot related files from bind to bind-chrootenv (bsc#1093338) - Remove rndc.key generation from bind.spec file because bind should create it on first boot (bsc#1092283) - Add misisng rndc.key check and generation code is lwresd.init script
==== grub2 ==== Subpackages: grub2-i386-pc grub2-snapper-plugin grub2-systemd-sleep-plugin grub2-x86_64-efi grub2-x86_64-xen
- grub2-emu on s390 keep network during kexec boot (bsc#1089493) * grub2-s390x-10-keep-network-at-kexec.patch
==== installation-images-Kubic ==== Version update (14.372 -> 14.373)
- merge gh#openSUSE/installation-images#250 - use reiserfs-kmp (fate#323394) - 14.373
==== kdump ====
- fix URL of upstream project
==== libotr ====
- Use %license instead of %doc for license files. - Add libotr-test-underrun.patch: fix intermittent buffer underrun in the regression test client (bsc#1091664).
==== libstorage-ng ==== Version update (3.3.283 -> 3.3.292) Subpackages: libstorage-ng-ruby libstorage-ng1
- Translated using Weblate (Slovak) - 3.3.292 - Translated using Weblate (Spanish) - 3.3.291 - Translated using Weblate (Chinese (Taiwan)) - 3.3.290 - Translated using Weblate (Chinese (Taiwan)) - 3.3.289 - merge gh#openSUSE/libstorage-ng#531 - added helper functions - place repair action before partition actions - insert action to repair GPTs if needed (bsc#1092193) - added unit test - 3.3.288 - merge gh#openSUSE/libstorage-ng#530 - Add conflict with old libdmraid (bsc#1088570) - 3.3.287 - merge gh#openSUSE/libstorage-ng#529 - fix probing of certain nvme systems (bsc#1093684) - 3.3.286
==== ovmf ==== Subpackages: qemu-ovmf-x86_64
- Enable TLS support correctly - Enable TPM 2.0 support
==== postgresql10 ==== Version update (10.3 -> 10.4) Subpackages: libecpg6 libpq5 postgresql10-contrib postgresql10-devel postgresql10-docs postgresql10-server
- Update to 10.4: https://www.postgresql.org/about/news/1851/ https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/release-10-4.html A dump/restore is not required for those running 10.X. However, if you use the adminpack extension, you should update it as per the first changelog entry below. Also, if the function marking mistakes mentioned in the second and third changelog entries below affect you, you will want to take steps to correct your database catalogs. * CVE-2018-1115, bsc#1091610: Remove public execute privilege from contrib/adminpack's pg_logfile_rotate() function pg_logfile_rotate() is a deprecated wrapper for the core function pg_rotate_logfile(). When that function was changed to rely on SQL privileges for access control rather than a hard-coded superuser check, pg_logfile_rotate() should have been updated as well, but the need for this was missed. Hence, if adminpack is installed, any user could request a logfile rotation, creating a minor security issue. After installing this update, administrators should update adminpack by performing ALTER EXTENSION adminpack UPDATE in each database in which adminpack is installed. * Fix incorrect volatility markings on a few built-in functions * Fix incorrect parallel-safety markings on a few built-in functions.
==== protobuf ==== Version update (3.5.0 -> 3.5.2)
update to version v3.5.2: * Update release date * Disable pip cache when testing uploaded packages * Replace private timelib_update_ts with public date_timestamp_get * Remove py2.6 support. * Cherrypick for csharp, including: * Update changelog * Update changelog for 3.5.1 * Fix uploading binary wheel. * Fix memory leak when creating map field via array. * Update rake file to build of 2.1.6. * Avoid using php_date_get_date_ce() in case date extension is not * Update protoc-artfacts * Fix string::back() usage in googletest.cc * Fix memory leak in php7 * Support ruby2.5 * io_win32: support non-ASCII paths * Explicitly propagate the status of Flush(). * Add discard unknown API in ruby. (#3990) * Update version for 3.5.0.post1 * remove nullptr * Fix more memory leak for php c extension (#4211) * Bumping number to fix ruby 2.1 on mac * io_win32_unittest: remove incorrect error check * Fix memory leak when creating repeated field via array. * Update version number for php c extension (#3896) * Fix file permission for python package. * Create containing directory before generating well_known_types_embed.cc * Replace C++11 only method std::map::at * Recursively clear unknown fields in submessages. (#3982) * Update version number to 3.5.1 * io_win32_unittest: fix condition in GetCwdAsUtf8 * Add release log * io_win32_unittest: use CWD as last tempdir * Add PROTOBUF_ENABLE_TIMESTAMP to let user decide whether timestamp util * Add support for Windows ARM64 build * Add protobuf-all in post release * Use fully qualifed name for DescriptorPool in Any.php to avoid name (#3886) * Add _file_desc_by_toplevel_extension back * Fix setup.py for windows build. * io_win32_unittest: make //:win32_test run again * Provide discardUnknonwnFields API in php (#3976) * Update php c extension version number to 22.214.171.124 * Fix ruby gc_test in ruby 2.4 (#4011) * Remove duplicate typedef. (#3975) * Accept DatetimeInterface in fromDatetime * io_win32: add more encoding-related tests * Bump version number to 3.5.2 * Bump protoc-artifact version for a patch rebuild * Call php method via function name instead of calling directly. * Well known types are not initialized properly. (#4139) * Use matching enum type for IsPOD. * Fix several more memory leak * Fix for php5.5 * Add backslach to make class explict in global namespace
==== psmisc ==== Subpackages: psmisc-lang
- Modify patch 0001-Use-mountinfo-to-be-able-to-use-the-mount-identity.patch to let fuser -m also work for private mounts as well (boo#1093665)
==== python-chardet ====
- Fix update-alternatives call in %postun.
==== python-kiwi ==== Version update (9.15.1 -> 9.15.2)
- Bump version: 9.15.1 ? 9.15.2 - Fix zypper add lock operations This commit fixes the arguments passed to zypper in add lock operations. - Add correct GPL-3.0-or-later license Add the correct license reference in the spec License field Fixes #732 - Make container compression a configuration option Change the ContainerBuilder class to evaluate on the configuration options to decide if the container archive should be compressed or not. By default the archive will be compressed, thus there is no change to the former behavior but can be setup in ~/.config/kiwi/config.yml as follows: container: - compress: none|xz This Fixes #725 - Return file name after archive or compression call Extend the ArchiveTar and Compress classes such that their archiving and compression methods returns the result file name after the operation - Allow docker root import from uncompressed file Check the given file name for its compression format and only uncompress if a supported format could be detected. This Fixes #730
==== sysconfig ==== Version update (0.84.2 -> 0.84.3) Subpackages: sysconfig-netconfig
- version 0.84.3 - netconfig: change policy to permit non-NM settings (bsc#1079793) As requested and approved by NetworkManager maintainer, the 'auto' policy permits now also per interface settings provided by other services when NetworkManager is enabled. That is, the auto policy resolving has been changed from "STATIC_FALLBACK NetworkManager" to "STATIC_FALLBACK * NetworkManager".
==== unzip ==== Subpackages: unzip-doc
- Fix "remove failed: No such file or directory" warnings upon package removal: * Call 'update-alternative --remove' in %postun, not in %preun.
==== virtualbox ==== Subpackages: virtualbox-guest-kmp-default virtualbox-guest-tools virtualbox-guest-x11
- Fix build errors with Qt 5.11 - b.s.c. #1093731. File "fixes_for_Qt5.11.patch" added.
==== vsftpd ====
- Don't start/stop parameterized systemd units in pre/post actions. These units cannot be used without an explicit parameter and attempts to do so lead to a confusing "failed to try-restart" error message. [bsc#1093179, bsc#1010177]
==== yast2-schema ==== Version update (4.0.2 -> 4.0.3)
- Add create_subvolumes element (bsc#1094307) - 4.0.3