Check out the state of LTSP5 in upcoming openSUSE-Edu Li-f-e: Linux
for Education based on openSUSE 11.2 RC1.
Some of the highlights in the release:
* Hybrid iso image, single image to burn to DVD or dd it to USB stick,
USB session can be persistent if second partition is created. It
can easily be installed on the hard disk by running live-installer
from the desktop.
* Fully preconfigured LTSP server, just double click the icon on the
desktop to setup/start the services.
5 users are already created for testing, linux1 - linux5, password is linux.
* We have switched to new clicfs for the iso as well as LTSP chroot image
* iTalc pre-configured to run in live session
* Sessions includes Gnome 2.28 + KDE 4.3.x + Sugar 0.86 + IceWM
* Applications include tons of Educational apps, graphics,
development, multimedia including players and codecs.
Download from here: http://www.opensuse-education.org/download/
As many of developers are at the LTSP hackfest BTS, it would be great
if you can give it a test and give your inputs to guide us make this
release the really useful LTSP distribution.
As always we would also like to hear from the users what they would
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse-edu+unsubscribe(a)opensuse.org
For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse-edu+help(a)opensuse.org