I'm sorry, but currently it looks like I couldn't attend the whole meeting - perhaps at the end, depending on an important previous meeting.
Nevertheless, here's the list of my items for http://en.opensuse.org/Education/Meetings/Current
== 1 Status of openSUSE-Education 1.0 == see below == 2 Branding status == Nothing from my side. I'm interested to hear some success stories... :-) == 3 My old action items == see below
== 1 Status of openSUSE-Education 1.0 ==
http://www.opensuse-education.org/download/test/11.1/ waits for testers.
Please have a look at the following interesting parts/packages and tell me if anything is still wrong there, so I can fix it as soon as possible:
* patterns should be preselected/installed now
* an Online Update Channel (openSUSE-Education Updates) should be added to your "Software-Repositories" (disabled and currently empty)
* Package upgrades because of bugfixes in our bugzilla: brainworkshop exelearning Scratch SciLab GeoGebra ktechlab childsplay gcompris python-numpy
* Additional package upgrades/fixes: avogadro (upgrade) fbreader (upgrade) fet (upgrade, now with desktop entry) gambas2 (upgrade, packaging bug fixed) gcalctool (upgrade) ghemical (upgrade) gnome-chemistry-utils (upgrade) gramps3 (upgrade) italc (italc-launcher bug fixed) kiwi-desc-ltsp (upgrade) kiwi-ltsp-bootimages (upgrade) kiwi-ltsp-prebuilt (upgrade) koha (upgrade) lapack (upgrade) ibatlas3 (upgrade) ltsp-server (upgrade) moodle (package bugfixes) mopac7 (upgrade) marble (upgrade) stellarium (upgrade) tuxmath (upgrade) tuxtype (upgrade) wine (upgrade)
* New packages cademia 1 controlaula 2 gbrainy 1 iTest-client 1 iTest-server 1 inotify-tools 2 ltsp-controlaula 2 openadmin 2 opendict 1 opensuse-education-tools 1 scilab (see bugfix ;-) 1 stopmotion 1 tablix2 1
1=should IMO be tested and included in the final release 2=should IMO be tested - but not included in the final release as it needs more work
^^ as you can see - our packagers are very hard-working to bring you the best packages ever. Now we have to see if everything works as expected - YOUR turn! ;-)
http://devzilla.novell.com/education/ is waiting for bugreports. Currently, we've just 2 open bugreports (one of them should be fixed upstream) for 11.1.
Open Questions for the Meeting: * The list of additional package upgrades is long - should we include them nevertheless? * New packages - include them, just some of them? * Final decision what to do
== 3 My old action items ==
1) Provide a list of applications for a new pattern|group "scientists". Initial science pattern is in SVN now. (Awaiting translation ;-)
2) Split of the Development page into pieces and move them to our Developer Wiki. Please have a look: http://developer.novell.com/wiki/index.php/Education
3) write documentation about the openSUSE-Education Update repository for normal users and (School-)Admins Initialy done: http://en.opensuse.org/Education/Repositories#Update_Repositories
IMO Missing/Next ToDo: write a HowTo about mirroring the openSUSE-Education repositories
4) create new openSUSE-Education in the Press page done: http://en.opensuse.org/Education/Press Enhancements welcome!
With kind regards, Lars