OBS 2.8.3 released
This release, among other stuff, officially supports LDAP
Authentication. For more details look at the release notes you
can find below.
Updaters from any OBS 2.8 release can just ugrade the packages
and restart all services. Updaters from former releases should
read the README.UPDATERS file.
OBS update are available from the following projects:
The appliance can be downloaded from
Details from the Release Notes of 2.8.3:
* [webui] All global roles are now shown on the admin user
edit age and can be added / removed from user accounts
* [webui] LDAP Authentication is now officially supported
* Realname and email address of users can not be edited in
* [webui] Admins that edited their accounts via the user/show
page lost their admin role
* [api] fix config change of some /configuration values
* [backend] fix for new linux version format in bs_worker
* [webui] `Make user admin` link was not working on `Manage Users` page
Notes for OBS setups with LDAP authentication:
Once LDAP mode is activated users can only log in via LDAP.
To give admin rights to newly created LDAP users run following
'bundle exec rake user:give_admin_rights tux RAILS_ENV=production'
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse-buildservice+unsubscribe(a)opensuse.org
To contact the owner, e-mail: opensuse-buildservice+owner(a)opensuse.org