present: jcborn, adrian, mls, abauer,
reports sent in: Martin Mohring, Markus Hüwe.
* Status round
* 1.5 Release
* openSUSE:11.1:Compat project
* python 2.6 causes problems on large file uploads with osc.
This affects not instances behind iChain like our official
instances. We expect an online fix for python
* new osc release.
- Analysis of scheduler crash for download on demand when meta data file is
- fixed: rc obs script and added sysconfig environment, log/run dir
configurable, checked into svn
- fixed: rpmmd .rpm filter for arm, checked into svn
- fixed: openSUSE 11.1 packaging, dependencies, python-kid
- support: Dominque has now a 11.1 based OBS server/workers completely
- support: Jan Simon has build a first package for Maemo 4.1
- packagaged and tested openSUSE:Tools:Devel/obs-all-svn @ svn trunk -r 6169
- tested: OBS @ ARM: Fedora 8 now works
- Fixed dependency calculation problems with kiwi images.
- Improved Debian dependency handling (supports ~ version now correctly)
- Updated inst-source-utils package to support s390 non-network
- Fixed Live Log issue in web client works again.
- Discussed with Klaas and Christopher package database integration concepts.
- Submitted new kiwi 3.09 package together with Marcus.
All known issues for SLE 11 builds are solved with that release.
- Submitted also new kiwi inst source plugins.
Bugfixes and improved return value handling (output of called
helper application is visiable now).
- Try to get image examples running (obs worker image works, KDE live medias
- last bugfixes for 1.5 release.
AI: mls check if choegers debian signing fixes are applied
AI: adrian get another RC build out TODAY !
We have currently problems in stable release base projects (like
openSUSE:11.1) that some packages in openSUSE GA version breaks compilation
for some packages.
1) Modify GA packages. (bad because the original ones are missing than)
2) Always build against :Update repo (bad because of lacking backward
compatibility and significant increased load on the schedulers).
3) Create another :Compat project with handselected fixes.
The cleanest way but users need figure out the difference of another
Coolo said after the meeting that he is fine with 1) in some cases. So a minor
number of people may still be forced to use :Update, like python database code
users in the case of 11.1. But we think this is acceptable.
Decision: We will update brp-desktop-check in openSUSE:11.1 and avoid :Compat
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, GF: Markus Rex, HRB 16746 (AG Nürnberg)
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse-buildservice+unsubscribe(a)opensuse.org
For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse-buildservice+help(a)opensuse.org