Petr Uzel <puzel(a)novell.com> changed:
What |Removed |Added
--- Comment #4 from Petr Uzel <puzel(a)novell.com> 2010-09-15 13:45:52 UTC ---
(In reply to comment #3)
I don't know of a git / cvs repo. But you can
pull down a tarball for any of
Yes, I know that. But when looking for one particular change, the VCS
is much more useful. I'll ask hdparm author.
=== As to patching vs. a new release:
I strongly suspect many SSDs don't work with the TRIM feature of hdparm 9.22
and 9.28 releases, but due to very limited testing, we don't have bugzillas to
But that also means that not many users care about TRIM, right? :)
I haven't read thru the release notes / changes for each release, but I think
you'll find that the only part of hdparm that has been getting updates in the
last couple years is the SSD TRIM handling feature which was new a couple years
ago or less.
- report word in -I : max 512-byte blocks of range-data per DSM/Trim
- fix wiper.sh/hdparm to use only as many LBA ranges per TRIM as the drive can
- manpage / help-text cleanups from Benno Schulenberg <bensberg(a)justemail.net>
- add --offset for use with -t, to get timings from middle/end of drive,
courtesy of Sergei Kirjanov <rewlad(a)gmail.com>
- restrict --trim-sector-ranges-stdin to small TRIM commands on most drives
- fix w62 bug in -I
- dump all data bytes with --verbose
- warn about bad/missing sense data, but continue regardless
- show in/out data separately with --verbose
- Add reporting to -I for sata3 signaling speed.
- force use of ATA_16 for all commands to ATAPI devices.
- supply a sector count of "1" for IDENTIFY commands, to satisfy buggy USB3
So if you feel it is warranted, you can compare the
source and only patch in
the code changes relevant to TRIM, but my guess is that will be all the
changes. Thus if I were doing it, I'd just do a full update.
What about this: I'll try to extract the required change from the diff between
9.28 and 9.30 and apply it to hdparm-9.28 in 11.3 - would you be able to test
if it works? If it does, we can try to patch also hdparm in 11.2, if not, we
will ask maintenance team about full update (CC:ing now).
Configure bugmail: https://bugzilla.novell.com/userprefs.cgi?tab=email
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are on the CC list for the bug.