The awesome brochure sources have finally been recovered. You can find them here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/29347181/openSUSE%20brochure_v4.eps
There is a number of changes we need to do, all summarized in the document with the updated text:
- Text needs review
- Need to turn the Brochure in a 3-panel trifold on A4
- Remove 'links' pane on front
- Replace front text with shorter text (see below)
- Re-arrange back to fit A4 and use improved text (see below)
- Get rid of the SUSE and Novell logos, this is an openSUSE Brochure
- We need to make this Creative Commons, except for the logo's.
- The openSUSE Logo on the front page is some self made logo with
strange color in the text, needs to be fixed.
- There is only one small Geeko on the whole brochure. We need more :D
- A bit less SUSE Studio, a bit more other openSUSE projects.
Nice to have:
- We can use the upcoming 12.1 artwork on the front
- turn it into a SVG so it can be translated more easily!
See the above todo and text here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/29347181/openSUSE%20brochure_v4.odt
Anyone who is willing or able - let us know what changes you can make, make them, get the result to me and I'll put the updated version back on the dropbox. As soon as we have a decent version we can start translating& printing.
A large change I made which I need feedback on is that I removed the app installer text to be replaced with openQA. See the document for the cool and cool++ points.
I personally have no way to open the EPS. Does ANYONE here have the ability to open and edit them? Any way we can convert it to a format we can all use (Scribus or Inkscape)?
We have the distro artwork so the flyer could be updated with the new artwork :D
Or you can read my previous comments why flyers should not contain distro artwork.