Please note that this mail was generated by a script. The described changes are computed based on the aarch64 DVD. The full online repo contains too many changes to be listed here.
Please check the known defects of this snapshot before upgrading: https://openqa.opensuse.org/tests/overview?distri=opensuse&groupid=3&...
Please do not reply to this email to report issues, rather file a bug on bugzilla.opensuse.org. For more information on filing bugs please see https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Submitting_bug_reports
Packages changed: aalib augeas calligra cups-filters evince (40.1 -> 40.2) gnome-desktop (40.1 -> 40.2) gnome-music (40.0 -> 40.1) gnome-terminal (3.40.1 -> 3.40.2) gptfdisk (1.0.6 -> 1.0.8) graphviz graphviz-addons grub2 gtk4 hidapi kColorPicker (0.1.5 -> 0.1.6) kImageAnnotator (0.4.2 -> 0.5.1) libcddb libdv libpt2 libxslt manpages-l10n (4.9.3+406 -> 4.10.0) multipath-tools ovmf pipewire (0.3.28 -> 0.3.30) re2 (20210401 -> 20210601) samba (4.14.4+git.162.18fd73a39a0 -> 4.14.5+git.165.70143cb153d) schily sssd (2.5.0 -> 2.5.1) tracker (3.1.1 -> 3.1.2) vte (0.64.1 -> 0.64.2) xorg-x11-server yelp (40.0 -> 40.2) yelp-xsl (40.0 -> 40.2)
=== Details ===
==== aalib ====
- Drop --with-pic (no effect with --disable-static). - Run fdupes, and trim old rpm constructs.
==== augeas ==== Subpackages: augeas-lenses libaugeas0
- Allow all printable ASCII characters in WPA-PSK definition * augeas-allow_printable_ASCII.patch * bsc#1185524 * Sourced from https://github.com/hercules-team/augeas/pull/723/commits * Credit to Michal Filka email@example.com - Add new directives and options supported in chrony since 3.3 up to 4.0. * augeas-new_options_for_chrony.patch * [bsc#1178470] * sourced from https://github.com/hercules-team/augeas/pull/698 - update to 1.12.0 General changes/additions - update gnulib to 91584ed6 Lens changes/additions - Anaconda: new lens to process /etc/sysconfig/anaconda instead of Shellvars (Pino Toscano) (Issue #597) - DevfsRules: add lens for FreeBSD devfs.rules files - Dovecot: permit ! in block titles (Nathan Ward) (Issue #599) - Hostname: Allow creation of hostname when file is missing (David Farrell) (Issue #606) - Krb5: add more pkinit_* options (Issue #603) - Logrotate: fix missing recognition of double quoted filenames (Issue #611) - Multipath: accept values enclosed in quotes (Issue #583) - Nginx: support unix sockets as server address (Issue #618) - Nsswitch: add merge action (Issue #609) - Pam: accept continuation lines (Issue #590) - Puppetfile: allow symbols as (optional) values (Issue #619) allow comments in entries (Issue #620) - Rsyslog: support dynamic file paths (Issue #622) treat #!/+/- as comment (arnolda, PR #595) - Syslog: accept 'include' directive (Issue #486) - Semanage: new lens to process /etc/selinux/semanage.conf instead of Simplevars (Pino Toscano) (Issue #594) - Shellvars: allow and/or in @if conditions (#582) accept functions wrapped in round brackets, accept variables with a dash in their name, exclude csh/tcsh profile scripts (Pino Toscano) (Issue #600) accept variable as command (Issue #601) - Ssh: accept RekeyLimit (Issue #605) - Sshd: accept '=' to separate option names from their values (Emil Dragu, #587) - Sudoers: support 'always_query_group_plugin' flag (Steve Traylen, #588) - Strongswan: parse lists. This is a backwards-incompatible change since list entries that were parsed into a single string are now split into a list of entries (Kaarle Ritvanen) - Toml: new lens to parse .toml files (PR #91) - Xorg: accept empty values for options (arnolda, PR #596) - refresh patches - run spec-cleaner - Add gcc9-disable-broken-test.patch in order to address bsc#1120894. - Don't ignore %check test result, the testsuite now successfully passes - update to 1.11.0 General changes/additions - augmatch: add a --quiet option; make the exit status useful to tell whether there was a match or not - Drastically reduce the amount of memory needed to evaluate complex path expressions against large files (Issue #569) - Fix a segfault on OSX when 'augmatch' is run without any arguments (Issue #556) API changes - aug_source did not in fact return the source; and always returned NULL for that. That has been fixed. Lens changes/additions - Chrony: add new options supported in chrony 3.2 and 3.3 (Miroslav Lichvar) - Dhclient: fix parsing of append/prepend and similar directives (John Morrissey) - Fstab: allow leading whitespace in mount entry lines (Pino Toscano) (Issue #544) - Grub: tolerate some invalid entries. Those invalid entries get mapped to '#error' nodes - Httpd: accept comments with whitespace right after a tag opening a section (Issue #577) - Json: allow escaped slashes in strings (Issue #557) - Multipath: accept regular expressions for devnode, wwid, and property in blacklist and blacklist_exceptions sections (Issue #564) - Nginx: parse /etc/nginx/sites-enabled (plumbeo) allow semicolons inside double quoted strings in simple directives, and allow simple directives without an argument (Issue #566) - Redis: accept the 'bind' statement with multiple IP addresses (yannh) (Issue #194) - Rsyslog: support include() directive introduced in rsyslog 8.33 - Strongswan: new lens (Kaarle Ritvanen) - Systemd: do not try to treat *.d or *.wants directories as configuration files (Issue #548) - Fix RPM groups. - update to 1.10.1: General changes/additions New CLI utility 'augmatch' to print the tree for a file and select some of its contents New command 'count' in augtool New function 'not(bool) -> bool' for path expressions The path expression 'label[. = "value"]' can now be written more concisely as 'label["value"]' API changes libfa has now a function fa_json to export an FA as a JSON file, and fa_state_* functions that make it possible to iterate over the FA's states and transitions. (Pedro Valero Mejia) Add functions aug_ns_label, aug_ns_value, aug_ns_count, and aug_ns_path to get the label (with index), the value, the number of nodes, and the fully qualified path for nodes stored in a nodeset in a variable efficiently Lens changes/additions Grubenv: new lens to process /boot/grub/grubenv (omgold) Httpd: also read files from /etc/httpd/conf.modules.d/*.conf (Tomas Meszaros) (Issue #537) Nsswitch: allow comments at the end of a line (Philip Hahn) (Issue #517) Ntp: accept 'ntpsigndsocket' statement (Philip Hahn) (Issue #516) Properties: accept empty comments with DOS line endings (Issue #161) Rancid: new lens for RANCiD router databases (Matt Dainty) Resolv: accept empty comments with DOS line endings (Issue #161) Systemd: also process /etc/systemd/logind.conf (Pat Riehecky) YAML: process a document that is just a sequence (John Vandenberg) - drop chrpath dependency, the offending dump binary is no longer shipped - Use %license (boo#1082318) - Version update to 1.9.0: - General changes/additions * Fix error in handling escaped whitespace at the end of path expressions (addresses CVE-2017-7555) * several improvements to the error messages when transforming a tree back to text fails. They now make it clearer what part of the tree was problematic, and what the tree should have looked like. * Fixed the pkg-config file, which should now be usable * Fix handling of backslash-escaping in strings and regular expressions in the lens language. We used to handle constructs like "\" and /\\/ incorrectly. (Issue #495) * do not unescape the default value of a del on create; otherwise we are double unescaping these strings (Issue #507) * remove tempfile when saving files because destination is not writable (Issue #479) * span information is now updated on save (Issue #467) * fix lots of warnings generated by gcc 7.1 * Various changes to reduce bashisms in tests and make them run on FreeBSD (Romain Tartière) - API changes * add function aug_ns_attr to allow iterating through a nodeset quickly. See examples/dump.c for an example of how to use them instead of aug_get, aug_label etc. and for a way to measure performance gains. - Lens changes/additions * Ceph: new lens for /etc/ceph/ceph.conf * Cgconfig: accept fperm & dperm in admin & task (Pino Toscano) * Dovecot: also load files from /usr/local/etc (Roy Hubbard) * Exports: relax the rules for the path at the beginning of a line so that double-quoted paths are legal, too * Getcap: new lens to parse generic termcap-style capability databases * Grub: accept toplevel 'boot' entry (Pino Toscano) * Httpd: handle empty comments with a continuation line (Issue #423); handle '>""' in a directive properly (Issue #429); make space between quoted arguments optional (Issue #435); accept quoted strings as part of bare arguments (Issue #470) * Nginx: load files from sites-available directory (Omer Katz) (Issue #471) * Nslcd: new lens for nss-pam-ldapd config (Jose Plana) * Oz: New lense for /etc/oz/oz.cnf * postfix lenses: also load files from /usr/local/etc (Roy Hubbard) * Properties: accept DOS line endings (Issue #468) * Rtadvd: new lens to parse the rtadvd configuration file (Matt Dainty) * Rsyslog: load files from /etc/rsyslog.d (Doug Wilson) (Issue #475); allow spaces before the # starting a comment; allow comments inside config statements like 'module' * Ssh: accept '=' to separate keyword from arguments * Sshd: split HostKeyAlgorithms into list of values; recognize quoted group names with spaces in them (Issue #477) * Sudoers: recognize "match_group_by_gid" (Luigi Toscano) (Issue #482) * Syslog: allow spaces before the # starting a comment * Termcap: new lens to parse termcap capability databases (Matt Dainty) * Vsftpd: accept seccomp_sandbox (Denys Stroebel) * Xymon: accept 'group-sorted' directive (Issue #462)
==== calligra ====
- Add Fix-Freetype-and-FontConfig-Linkage.patch to fix build with KDE Frameworks 5.83
==== cups-filters ====
- The cups-brf backend needs to run as root see https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1657261 (bsc#1186844)
==== evince ==== Version update (40.1 -> 40.2) Subpackages: evince-plugin-comicsdocument evince-plugin-djvudocument evince-plugin-dvidocument evince-plugin-pdfdocument evince-plugin-tiffdocument evince-plugin-xpsdocument libevdocument3-4 libevview3-3 nautilus-evince typelib-1_0-EvinceDocument-3_0 typelib-1_0-EvinceView-3_0
- Update to version 40.2: + build: Fix t1lib detection. + shell: - Show password dialog again. - Use tmp dir as containing folder for non-native file. - Fix build regression when gtk_unix_print is disabled. - Explicitly set title in the header bar as a fallback. + snap: Update to the gnome 3.38 extension to fix the build. + Updated translations.
==== gnome-desktop ==== Version update (40.1 -> 40.2) Subpackages: gnome-version libgnome-desktop-3-19 libgnome-desktop-3_0-common typelib-1_0-GnomeDesktop-3_0
- Update to version 40.2: + Fix crash loading keyboard settings panel.
==== gnome-music ==== Version update (40.0 -> 40.1)
- Update to version 40.1: + Playlist fixes + Fix CPU usage with GStreamer 1.18 + Flatpak improvements + Updated translations. - Add gnome-music-fix-40.1-release.patch: Fix build.
==== gnome-terminal ==== Version update (3.40.1 -> 3.40.2) Subpackages: gnome-shell-search-provider-gnome-terminal nautilus-extension-terminal
- Update to version 3.40.2: + all: - Add settings schema verifier - Specify the schema source when constructing any GSettings + app: Make owner-change check only on X11 + util: Fix deprecation warning + Updated translations.
==== gptfdisk ==== Version update (1.0.6 -> 1.0.8)
- Update to 1.0.8 * Fixed double byte swap operation on writes of partition name data on big-endian systems; this is in addition to the double byte swap fix on reading partition label data fixed in 1.0.7. (Thanks to Erik Larsson for both fixes.) * Added feature to gdisk and sgdisk to enable swapping the byte order of partition names, so as to correct disks already affected by the preceding bug. This option is 'b' on the experts' menu in gdisk and - b/--byte-swap-name in sgdisk. This seems advanced/obscure enough that I don't want to clutter cgdisk's menu with this option, so I haven't added it there. * Added type code for the Barebox boot loader (0xbb00; 4778ED65-BF42-45FA-9C5B-287A1DC4AAB1). * Fixed bug that caused spurious warnings about the partition table header claiming an invalid size of partition entries when reading some MBR disks. * Added ARM64 as an architecture for the Mac builds of gdisk and fixparts. The official GPT fdisk binaries of these files for macOS are now "universal" x86-64/ARM64 binaries, so they will run natively on the new M1 (ARM64) Macs. The sgdisk and cgdisk binaries, though, remain built only for x86-64, because they rely on libraries that are not easily built in "universal" form. * Fixed double byte swap operation on partition label data on big-endian CPUs. This resulted in partition names becoming gibberish on such CPUs. * Added three new type codes: - 0x0701 - Microsoft Storage Replica - 0x0702 - ArcaOS Type 1 - 0x8401 - Storage Performance Development Kit (SPDK) block device - Drop fix-spurious-warnings.patch
==== graphviz ==== Subpackages: graphviz-plugins-core libgraphviz6
- Install epl-v10.txt instead of COPYING. The COPYING file is a symlink to epl-v10.txt.
==== graphviz-addons ==== Subpackages: graphviz-gd graphviz-gnome
- Install epl-v10.txt instead of COPYING. The COPYING file is a symlink to epl-v10.txt.
==== grub2 ==== Subpackages: grub2-arm64-efi grub2-snapper-plugin grub2-systemd-sleep-plugin
- Fix running grub2-once leads to failure of starting systemd service in the boot sequence (bsc#1169460) * grub2-once * grub2-once.service
==== gtk4 ==== Subpackages: gtk4-schema libgtk-4-1 typelib-1_0-Gtk-4_0
- Move RPM macros to %_rpmmacrodir.
==== hidapi ====
- Add 0001-configure.ac-remove-duplicate-AC_CONFIG_MACRO_DIR-22.patch: fix boo#1187056
==== kColorPicker ==== Version update (0.1.5 -> 0.1.6)
- Update to 0.1.1 * Fix popup menu out of screen
==== kImageAnnotator ==== Version update (0.4.2 -> 0.5.1)
- Update to version 0.5.1 New * Add function for loading translations. * Add a new tool for creating resizable movable duplicates of regions. * Add support for hiding annotation settings panel. * Add config option for numbering tool to only set next number. * Allow manually changing canvas size. * Canvas background color configurable. * Zoom in and out with keyboard shortcuts. * Zoom in and out via buttons from UI. * Add reset zoom keyboard shortcut with tooltip. * Add keyboard shortcut support for text tool. * Allow rotating background image. * Allow flipping background image horizontally and vertically. * Configurable UI with dockable settings widgets. * Add invert color image effect. * Allow disabling item shadow per item from UI. * Add a font selection to UI. * Add zoom in/out capability to crop view. * Allow to zoom in modify canvas view. * Select item after drawing it and allow changing settings. Changed * Change drop shadow to cover all sites. Fixed * Deleting item outside image doesn't decrease canvas size. * Duplicate region of grayscale image has color. * Marker shows fill and width config when modifying existing item. * Highlighter/Marker washed out color and overlapping. * Popup menus shown outside screen. * Not possible to enter value in the width tool. * Obfuscation tool shows fonts settings when switching from tool with font. * Annotation tools are not displayed if application starts with docks hidden. * Vertical scrollbar missing after using Paste embedded and moving the image. * Not possible to disable tool automatically deselected after drawn. * Annotation tool shortcuts do not work if the panel is hidden.
==== libcddb ====
- Drop --with-pic (no effect with --disable-static) - Trim old/redundant rpm constructs
==== libdv ====
- Drop --with-pic (no effect with --disable-static) - Upgrade old rpm constructs (rediffs libdv-fix-no-add-needed.patch as p1)
==== libpt2 ====
- Add libpt2-avoid-C-11-deprecation-warning-when-using-g-7.patch: fix build with old gcc. - Add libpt2-c11-fixes.patch: fix C++11 warnings.
==== libxslt ==== Subpackages: libxslt-tools libxslt1
- Backport upstream xsltproc manpage fix f165525f Recreate xsltproc man page with old Docbook stylesheet URL Recreate-xsltproc-man-page-with-old-Docbook-styleshe.patch - Don't disable testsuite under QEMU - Move the Copyright file to %_defaultlicensedir Configure.ac replaces the COPYING file with a symlink.
==== manpages-l10n ==== Version update (4.9.3+406 -> 4.10.0) Subpackages: man-pages-fr man-pages-it
- Update to version 4.10.0: Updated many translations.
==== multipath-tools ==== Subpackages: kpartx libmpath0
- install to /usr (boo#1029961)
==== ovmf ==== Subpackages: qemu-ovmf-x86_64 qemu-uefi-aarch64
- Add ovmf-bsc1186151-fix-iscsi-overflows.patch to fix the possible overflows in IScsiDxe (bsc#1186151) - Correct the path to copy the Xen flavor
==== pipewire ==== Version update (0.3.28 -> 0.3.30) Subpackages: gstreamer-plugin-pipewire libpipewire-0_3-0 pipewire-modules pipewire-spa-plugins-0_2 pipewire-spa-tools pipewire-tools
- Update to 0.3.30 * This is a quick emergency release to fix some severe problems with the previous release. * Highlights - Recording from a monitor port should work again. - JACK applications should now be more stable again. - Freewheeling should not lock up anymore. - Fix lockups in many pulseaudio apps. - module-echo-cancel was implemented in pipewire-pulse - Many other stability fixes. * PipeWire - Improve module path logic. - Improve logger formatting * PulseAudio server - Make sure to pass 64 bits values for time on ARM 32 bits to avoid protocol errors. - Avoid a crash when unloading module-combine-sink. - Avoid overflow in requested bytes, resulting in stalled audio. - Implement module-echo-cancel. * Bluetooth - Handle latency parameters instead of failing. * JACK - Fix locking in many places to avoid deadlocks and crashes. - Fix port rename. - Stop freewheeling correctly instead of deadlocking. - Update to 0.3.29 * Highlights - Latency reporting is now implemented. - Many documentation updates and cleanups. - module-combine-sink was added to PulseAudio server. - Better handling of multichannel input profiles. - Fix 100% volume issue when monitor suspends or profile changes in some cases. - Bugfixes and crashes * PipeWire - A new module-rt was added to acquire real-time scheduling priviledges without using RTKit. - Documentation fixes and updates. Docs are now using a custom theme. - There is now a MANDATORY flag on properties that influence how properties are filtered. - Filter-chain now parses the LADSPA_PATH correctly when it contains a colon separated list. - Move `#pipewire` IRC channel to oftc.net. - Fix an error where param changes were not emited in all cases. - Implement Latency reporting. Latency values are propagated through the graph so that each node knows the latency to the output/input device. Synchronization in pw-stream has been updated to use this. - Some more upmix cases are added so that LFE, SIDE and REAR can be generated from a mono channel as well. - pw-stream and pw-filter will now emit the process event from the real-time thread in a safe way, potentially avoiding some of the harder to debug crashes. - Fix potential stack overflow with serialize_dict. - Add PIPEWIRE_NO_CONFIG to run without custom config files. - The WebRTC echo canceler was added. Next versions will integrate this better. * PulseAudio server - module-combine-sink was implemented. - Fix some segfaults when DBus connections fail. - Support for listening on IPv6 was added. - Fix a bug where many flushes could result in requests for too much data from the client, causing sync, latency and garbled sound problems after many seeks. * ALSA - Also probe input paths for multichannel mappings. This makes multichannel input ports show up in more cases. - Fix headphones/front volume issue on some cards. - Fix max volume issue when profile changes. - Fix issue with UCM local config that was not available when the device was opened in the server but the UCM was opened by the session manager. Fixes alsa 1.2.5 compatibility. * JACK - Implement latency reporting with the new Latency params. - Add BuildRequires: pkgconfig(webrtc-audio-processing) which is required by the new WebRTC echo canceler. - Remove patch which is already included: * 0001-alsa-mixer-only-use-switch-to-mute-Front-in-the-Headphone-path.patch
==== re2 ==== Version update (20210401 -> 20210601)
- update to 2021-06-01: * Fix (|a)* matching more text than (|a)+ * build system tweaks and developer visible fixes
==== samba ==== Version update (4.14.4+git.162.18fd73a39a0 -> 4.14.5+git.165.70143cb153d) Subpackages: libdcerpc-binding0 libdcerpc0 libndr-krb5pac0 libndr-nbt0 libndr-standard0 libndr1 libnetapi0 libsamba-credentials1 libsamba-errors0 libsamba-hostconfig0 libsamba-passdb0 libsamba-policy0-python3 libsamba-util0 libsamdb0 libsmbclient0 libsmbconf0 libsmbldap2 libtevent-util0 libwbclient0 samba-client samba-doc samba-libs samba-libs-python3 samba-python3 samba-winbind
- Update to 4.14.5 * s3: smbd: SMB1 SMBsplwr doesn't send a reply packet on success; (bso#14696); * s3: smbd: Ensure POSIX default ACL is mapped into returned Windows ACL for directory handles; (bso#14708); * s3: smbd: Fix uninitialized memory read in process_symlink_open() when used with vfs_shadow_copy2(); (bso#14721); * docs: Expand the "log level" docs on audit logging; (bso#14689); * smbd: Correctly initialize close timestamp fields; (bso#14714); * Fix gcc11 compiler issues; (bso#14699); * docs-xml: Update smbcacls manpage; (bso#14718); * docs: Update list of available commands in rpcclient; (bso#14719); * ctdb: Fix a crash in run_proc_signal_handler(); (bso#14475); * s3:winbind: For 'security = ADS' require realm/workgroup to be set; (bso#14695); * lib:replace: Do not build strndup test with gcc 11 or newer; (bso#14699);
==== schily ==== Subpackages: cdda2wav cdrecord libcdrdeflt1_0 libdeflt1_0 libedc_ecc1_0 libedc_ecc_dec1_0 libfile1_0 libfind4_0 libparanoia1_0 librmt1_0 librscg1_0 libscg1_0 libscgcmd1_0 libschily2_0 mkisofs readcd spax star
- Update to release 2021.06.07 * Manpage updates
==== sssd ==== Version update (2.5.0 -> 2.5.1) Subpackages: libsss_certmap0 libsss_idmap0 libsss_nss_idmap0 sssd-krb5-common sssd-ldap
- Update to release 2.5.1 * auto_private_groups option can be set centrally through ID range setting in IPA (see ipa idrange commands family). This feature requires SSSD update on both client and server. This feature also requires freeipa 4.9.4 and newer. * Fix getsidbyname issues with IPA users with a user-private-group. * Default value of ldap_sudo_random_offset changed to 0 (disabled). This makes sure that sudo rules are available as soon as possible after SSSD start in default configuration.
==== tracker ==== Version update (3.1.1 -> 3.1.2) Subpackages: libtracker-sparql-3_0-0 tracker-data-files typelib-1_0-Tracker-3_0
- Update to version 3.1.2: + Add missing autocleanup functions. + Support empty array updates. + VAPI fixes. + Add missing G_BEGIN_DECLS/G_END_DECLS guards. + Manpage fixes. + Fix crash in "tracker3 export --2to3" subcommand. + Fix rare bug that lead to triples being silently eaten. + Improvements to datetime handling. + Updated translations.
==== vte ==== Version update (0.64.1 -> 0.64.2)
- Update to version 0.64.2: + widget: Docs fix + Updated translations.
==== xorg-x11-server ==== Subpackages: xorg-x11-server-Xvfb xorg-x11-server-extra xorg-x11-server-sdk
- u_modesetting-Fix-dirty-updates-for-sw-rotation.patch * Fixes broken rotation support for DRM drivers without hardware rotation support or direct vram access (bsc#1182955)
==== yelp ==== Version update (40.0 -> 40.2) Subpackages: libyelp0
- Update to version 40.2: + Updated translations. - Modernize spec file.
==== yelp-xsl ==== Version update (40.0 -> 40.2)
- Update to version 40.2: + Updated translations. - Modernize spec file.